Mr. Green Gaming

Minecraft Map-Switch Refund

Clavus

I got a PM last night from a Minecraft user with a legitimate complaint: he bought a lot of items just a few days before the Minecraft server moved to a new map, basically meaning he lost all the shipments he bought.

I kind of saw this issue coming and that's why I've decided to adopt the following system:

• If we start a new Minecraft map, players will still lose all their Minecraft inventory like usual, this won't change and is part of the fresh start.
  • Shop items that can be classified as perks (and special items like the Peace Treaty) will transfer to the new map just fine.
  • When we start a new map, I will refund half the Green-Coins you spend on shipments (stock items) the past week in the Minecraft GC shop.

So if you bought 3 stock items of respectively 500 GC, 40 GC and 800 GC in the week before the map switch, you'll get 250+20+400 = 670 GC refunded.

I will try to warn people when we're moving to a new map sooner from now on. This will also mean that once you know a new map is coming, all shipments are basically 50% off because half of it will be refunded on map switch.

I've just applied this to our last world move (during the hardware upgrade) so some of you guys should be a little richer now.

That'll be all.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...