Mr. Green Gaming

Hi Admins. Just a question.

bbgun18

Hi, I'm bbgun18 and I used to love this server. Back in 1.2 there were 100 + people on it at any given time and it was AMAZING. due to the lack of activity from the better factions I've stopped. However I'd start again, and I'm sure a lot of others would too. ex. Mirgeaux, RedGander, Kodauer, XxFlowmonstaxX, Cikks,Greenhillslave, Voltage... anyway. I was just wondering if its possible to replicate the player amount and great experience that we used to have... Thanks BB

• 2 weeks later...

Yes the server used to be awesome. Even though some people (including me) say that the players left cause of clavus started his little "experiments" with brewing and enchants when the server was at its finest. He also removed pearl glitching which caused some of my friends to leave. However, now i realize the truth. The server setup wasn't the most attractive thing about the server. It was the community who made this server so awesome. The minecraft forum activity decreased and the server got empty. Even though with the old setup maybe more people would stick around, i think the main thing is that theres just not as many people playing minecraft anymore. The only servers who have "alot" of players are the ones who pays huge money for advertising. I dont see this server ever returning to what it was a year ago.

I still think the best direction to go with the minecraft server is to head it down the towny/eq. route. Sure its more hassle to set up and moderate  but it wont go stale as fast as faction wars maps do, hell one server I played on has only just switched from their 1.0.0 map and they were always getting at minimum 30 on at once, theres also alot more flexibility when it comes to offering donation rewards; You'd be surprised at the amount of people who would pay 5 euroes just to get a different coloured name.

So im just seeing this but I think the best way for this server to head is to just follow what the players want instead of stubborn old clavus because if you deny almost all requests by players you are gonna eventually loose your main player base. This server is heading no where......It needs something new like ive been playing on a different server for a while now and the 2 admins follow almost everything players ask for but if its something out of ordinary it wont happen or be added. Just saying its a good idea to try out. Also try looking for new voting pages and have admins on almost 24/7 so that they can make sure that players are getting what they want and are having there voice heard and also try to have more server events held it will make it more fun.

Hope my ideas where helpful,

Flow

So im just seeing this but I think the best way for this server to head is to just follow what the players want instead of stubborn old clavus because if you deny almost all requests by players you are gonna eventually loose your main player base. This server is heading no where......It needs something new like ive been playing on a different server for a while now and the 2 admins follow almost everything players ask for but if its something out of ordinary it wont happen or be added. Just saying its a good idea to try out. Also try looking for new voting pages and have admins on almost 24/7 so that they can make sure that players are getting what they want and are having there voice heard and also try to have more server events held it will make it more fun.

Hope my ideas where helpful,

Flow

Isn't up to Clavus, He =/= Notch.

+ you can't just ask for everything in terms of stuff like spawners or diamonds.

Edited by Mr. Darkness

im not saying any of that mathijs its just from what ive seen during my time of playing on this server is that he doesn't take the plugins into consideration that the players ask for. And i never really said that people would ask for diamonds or spawners just the simple plugins that people ask for such as Head Hunter plugin and others to make this server more fun and enjoyable for the players. And Mathijs tbh I dont like your attitude I was being really kind and giving ideas and you had to fucking say that like wtf man calm your tits next time. 

I remember when Clavus had this idea of making a server with no magic and unrealistic stuff like enchantments and potions. I actually thought this was a great idea! I used to like minecraft way more before potions and enchantments got added. So my idea is to create a server with everything from the current minecraft update - Unrealistic stuff like potions, enchantments (maybe even enderpearls). And I know the nether is just as unrealistic as that other stuff, but the nether is no problem for me :P

And remove that anti-xray plugin, xrayers aren't that hard to catch, and this has been the main reason I left (Chests-stones are really annoying)

After you do this, I suggest getting alot of people to make videos of how fun the server is, and maybe hand out enchanted books for donations.

I know I'll make videos of it, and hopefully get some people to join.

www.youtube.com/MCJadja

Edited by Jadja-

Most major modifications just ended with people complaining. I'm waiting for Mojang to stop adding redundant shit like horses to their game and give us a decent mod API. They promised to give us one over a fucking year ago.

Xray plugin is staying. Xrayers undermine (pun not intended) the whole server economy.

I really don't have the time to provide server upkeep at the moment. I'd love to delegate this to other people, but nobody seems mature enough, or has a solid plan on how to keep everyone entertained and happy. If you think you're up for it, PM me. Explain why you'd make a good server manager and what you'd do with the server.