Mr. Green Gaming

Minecraft 1.8 Release Date Announced - Factions Map Reset + More Changes!

Kodauer

The other admins and I are currently in discussion of another 1.7 map reset, since bukkit 1.8 isn't coming out anytime in the near future. We * might * be doing a vanilla themed map, with all restrictions on enchantments and potions lifted. Potions will return to 1.5 mechanics, which will balance everything out. Obsidian will return as invincible to TnT, but liquids will offer no protection. Ore spawn rates will be increased, and it'll be easier to obtain enchants (prot IV/sharp V) + EXP. The /pvp along with FFA will be moved to the factions server. 

Other than that I'm leaving stuff to defaults. We'll see how this works out. :)

Map reset will be next week (September 20th). Server will open at 9:00 (am) Dutch time, that day. I'll post a topic about it in a bit.

I doubt you wont, but please inform ous (in that topic) how the server setup for next map will be (1.8)

Will obby and liquids both get rekt by TNT and creepers? And what potion and enchant limits will be used?

No limits, TNT + creepers will blow thru all.

Edited by xpr0legendx

TnT/Creepers will have an interesting set of mechanics this map, but I want to get some feedback on the system (this idea is constantly changing, so nothing's set until map reset :V )

• TnT and Creepers will blow through any liquids + destroy them. This is 100% for sure staying, since water/lava is way too cheap of a protection mechanism. 
  • ONLY creepers will blow up obsidian. TnT won't be able to touch it. It's this, or 100% making TnT indestructible. If obsidian is indestructible, we'll mess around with wither mechanics. Thoughts?
  • Faction bases will ONLY be blow-up-able if a person is online in their faction. To prevent people from abusing this, there will be a 15 minute timer from when the last person logs out from a certain faction - 15 minutes where explosions are allowed. 

TnT/Creepers will have an interesting set of mechanics this map, but I want to get some feedback on the system (this idea is constantly changing, so nothing's set until map reset :V )

• TnT and Creepers will blow through any liquids + destroy them. This is 100% for sure staying, since water/lava is way too cheap of a protection mechanism. 
  • ONLY creepers will blow up obsidian. TnT won't be able to touch it. It's this, or 100% making TnT indestructible. If obsidian is indestructible, we'll mess around with wither mechanics. Thoughts?
  • Faction bases will ONLY be blow-up-able if a person is online in their faction. To prevent people from abusing this, there will be a 15 minute timer from when the last person logs out from a certain faction - 15 minutes where explosions are allowed. 

I don't really like the fact that you can't tnt/creeper someone if there offline. because then the raiding will be way less. Could you please change that?

Edited by yorkyork

Perhaps something that disables placing obsidian above y level 70?

Than they'll just build on 65-69, and if needed dig a hole below their base so creepers can't reach the base.

Well this is more effort than simply making an obsidian cube at y 250, like SOME factions do * cough Russia cough *

Perhaps something that disables placing obsidian above y level 70?

Than they'll just build on 65-69, and if needed dig a hole below their base so creepers can't reach the base.

Well this is more effort than simply making an obsidian cube at y 250, like SOME factions do * cough Russia cough *

Also, Obsidian will be invinclible again i tought, so you'll need withers? creepers won't effect it?