Mr. Green Gaming

Map Reset - Saturday, September 20th

RedGander

Due to a lot of problems with Bukkit, we cannot update the server to 1.8 unfortunately. Instead, there will be a map reset for 1.7 again on Saturday, September 20th at 9:00 AM Dutch time.

Server-wide changes:

• Players will automatically join the factions server when logging in (survival and creative can still be joined through portals at spawn).
  • The duels and diamond armor FFA from the PvP server will be merged into the Factions server.
  • The old FFA with iron armor and killstreak upgrades will also be added to factions.

Changes to Factions:

• The enchanting limits of Protection II, Sharpness III, etc, wil be removed. Instead, experience gain will be boosted by a factor of four.
  • Vanilla explosion mechanics.
  • Potions will be set to 1.5 mechanics (healing potions are stronger, strength potions weaker). All potion bans will be lifted! Potions will be easier to get (haven't decided how yet)
  • All ore spawn rates will be doubled.
  • Snowball marker system will be removed
  • A Star Cache system will be setup. Treasure will regularly spawn every hour at certain locations if enough players are online, and factions must fight to claim the loot.
  • Possibly a delayed GC shop in-game (uncertain).

If something doesn't work out, we can always change it. Feel free to give feedback :)

<kodauer> RedGander is sexy </kodauer>

Edited by RedGander

I liked the restrictions to potion and enchants last map, but implenting old potion mechanics might work too. ( spam hp pots = win :]] )

I personally hate that you cant break obby with creepers or atleast TNT. I forsee the server becoming pretty dull after a week due to obby castles. Many people will only grind and fight in ffa from here since they are protect by a shit ton of indestructible bullshit (obsidian) and wont have to fight to protect themselves.

However we will play and we will all see the results and how it works out.

But what about lava? It's not mentioned to not protect against explosives. Does this mean it will or where you reffering to all liquids.

The loot spawns is an awesome idea though.

Edited by marcus6x6

I liked the restrictions to potion and enchants last map, but implenting old potion mechanics might work too. ( spam hp pots = win :]] )

I personally hate that you cant break obby with creepers or atleast TNT. I forsee the server becoming pretty dull after a week due to obby castles. Many people will only grind and fight in ffa from here since they are protect by a shit ton of indestructible bullshit (obsidian) and wont have to fight to protect themselves.

However we will play and we will all see the results and how it works out.

But what about lava? It's not mentioned to not protect against explosives. Does this mean it will or where you reffering to all liquids.

The loot spawns is an awesome idea though.

no liquids are able to protect you against explosives anylonger :) just like the old times when people dident use the water technic :) good times.

Gander, I like you, you took my suggestion :P

And gapples?

Gapples probably will be removed but I dont think it's such a good idea since ore spawns are doubled 

Not sure what your suggestion was but I'm glad you like it. 

Also, enchanted golden apples (god apples) will still be banned.

Edited by RedGander

I'm all up for trying something new so I am happy with tweaks to the server to make the game more interesting. However one thing I really don't like is the snowball marker system. I believe they should not work on other factions land, as this means people who take pride in creating a base and enjoy the building element of the game have to turn their base upside down to try and remove a marker, which someone has placed when it has been raided. Protecting your base is now inevitable due to the other changes such as water not protecting the base. 

This comes to my next point which is the water not protecting bases. When this is set everyone will just be building square monstrosities out of obsidian as that is going to be set back to invincible. This again obstructs the building element of the game as we wont get a variety of materials being used in the construction of bases unless people are happy to be raided... This means this map is going to be very ugly.

I personally feel these changes are very much interfering with the creative side of the game which although this is a PVP server, the main purpose of the game is to let peoples creativity run wild and these suggested changes are making it extremely hard if not virtually impossible. I come on this server because I enjoy the community and I like the idea of building a base so it is safe from all the threats there are on this type of server. 

To get back onto topic, my main suggestion would be to only let people use markers on their own faction land, wilderness and spawn as i feel they are a valuable and controlled tool for moving around the map. I don't think there is any need for people to be marking inside anyone else's base though,  think that is a step too far. If they can mark and teleport to the nearest part of the wilderness next to someones faction land, I  believe that is a better compromise.

Thank you Mr Green Admins for allowing me to voice my opinion on the server changes. I would like to know how many people agree and disagree with me as it is something I am interested in and also that's what these forums are all about!

Thanks again and don't forget to tell me what you think!

Denby :)

I agree with Denby, the server is not only to PVP, but also to build. Not everyone likes building as much as PVPing, but people that DO like building, have to go on the creative server to make it, and once they're done, they are bored and dont know what to do else on the server. (That only counts for the people who dont like PVP ofc.)

Edited by jillesstijn64

As a builder, I prefer too build in survival. I find it more fun to collect all the resourses my self ^^

Hmm yeah I need to try the survival server out. Can I be white listed for that?

I cant really comment on that server as i haven't been on it, but i cant imagine it is the same as the faction wars theme which I enjoy working as a team and defending our base etc.

As a builder, I prefer too build in survival. I find it more fun to collect all the resourses my self ^^

Hmm yeah I need to try the survival server out. Can I be white listed for that?

I cant really comment on that server as i haven't been on it, but i cant imagine it is the same as the faction wars theme which I enjoy working as a team and defending our base etc.

It is about the same, but the only different thing is that there are 0 players online, so you dont work together. I would like to help you tho :P

I'm all up for trying something new so I am happy with tweaks to the server to make the game more interesting. However one thing I really don't like is the snowball marker system. I believe they should not work on other factions land, as this means people who take pride in creating a base and enjoy the building element of the game have to turn their base upside down to try and remove a marker, which someone has placed when it has been raided. Protecting your base is now inevitable due to the other changes such as water not protecting the base. 

This comes to my next point which is the water not protecting bases. When this is set everyone will just be building square monstrosities out of obsidian as that is going to be set back to invincible. This again obstructs the building element of the game as we wont get a variety of materials being used in the construction of bases unless people are happy to be raided... This means this map is going to be very ugly.

I personally feel these changes are very much interfering with the creative side of the game which although this is a PVP server, the main purpose of the game is to let peoples creativity run wild and these suggested changes are making it extremely hard if not virtually impossible. I come on this server because I enjoy the community and I like the idea of building a base so it is safe from all the threats there are on this type of server. 

To get back onto topic, my main suggestion would be to only let people use markers on their own faction land, wilderness and spawn as i feel they are a valuable and controlled tool for moving around the map. I don't think there is any need for people to be marking inside anyone else's base though,  think that is a step too far. If they can mark and teleport to the nearest part of the wilderness next to someones faction land, I  believe that is a better compromise.

Thank you Mr Green Admins for allowing me to voice my opinion on the server changes. I would like to know how many people agree and disagree with me as it is something I am interested in and also that's what these forums are all about!

Thanks again and don't forget to tell me what you think!

Denby :)

I agree and I would like to see something like this is the future because what denby mensiond about needing to break the blocks and place new ones just makes you mad.

After reading all your replies, and thinking on this for a couple days, I've come up with some final changes regarding the server. I'll finalize these when I talk with RedGander tonight: (some thoughts precede the changes)

I'm all for rewarding those who put hard work into their base with protection for their items, but liquid protection is simply too easy and overpowered to get. 30 minutes into the game (or less), I could have a cobble shack with water all over it, and no one could ever think of raiding me. However, this being said, we must ask the question, What is the point of this server? Is it blow up other peoples' bases? To PvP? to Build Epic bases? 

Out of all the above, I think everyone wants a server where they can PvP the most. Everyone especially enjoys our PvP server's FFA, evidizing this. 

Blowing up peoples' bases is nice, but is it beneficial to the overall server experience? Losing your base/items is very discouraging, and (since you lose your items) discourages PvP. 

Therefore, I am going to made these following changes/reverts: 

• 100% Vanilla obsidian/liquid/creeper mechanics
  • MUCH easier to obtain enchants/potions/experience

The only person I've seen in this thread against these ideas is someone who doesn't even play on our server. marcussss

After reading all your replies, and thinking on this for a couple days, I've come up with some final changes regarding the server. I'll finalize these when I talk with RedGander tonight: (some thoughts precede the changes)

I'm all for rewarding those who put hard work into their base with protection for their items, but liquid protection is simply too easy and overpowered to get. 30 minutes into the game (or less), I could have a cobble shack with water all over it, and no one could ever think of raiding me. However, this being said, we must ask the question, What is the point of this server? Is it blow up other peoples' bases? To PvP? to Build Epic bases? 

Out of all the above, I think everyone wants a server where they can PvP the most. Everyone especially enjoys our PvP server's FFA, evidizing this. 

Blowing up peoples' bases is nice, but is it beneficial to the overall server experience? Losing your base/items is very discouraging, and (since you lose your items) discourages PvP. 

Therefore, I am going to made these following changes/reverts: 

• 100% Vanilla obsidian/liquid/creeper mechanics
  • MUCH easier to obtain enchants/potions/experience

The only person I've seen in this thread against these ideas is someone who doesn't even play on our server. marcussss

OK, personally I think that sounds good. what about those snowball markers, keeping them?, removing them? or altering them so they dont work on others faction land?

I totally agree that the main purpose of a factions server is to take part in PVP but i still think compromising for builders is also something to be looking at.

Thanks for your replies Kod and others! :)

Much appreciated.