Mr. Green Gaming

Anti Telecamper Device?

Also, I dont think 0,50 seconds of god mode would make a difference.

Exactly.

VMR and I try to go ingame when people have problems with telecampers. Just use !report. We'll try to ban them then.

But sometimes we also get annoyed and pissed off when people abuse the !report command.

Edited by CarPileUp

Just use !report. We'll try to ban them then.

But sometimes we also get annoyed and pissed off when people abuse the !report command.

And sometimes its easier to spam an admins name in the chat, and they will get a nickalert in IRC.

Edited by Nobana

Is telecamping an actual mean and evil exploit of some sorts that possibly recruits child soldiers, or just way of playing the game that tends to piss people off?

The last one. It just means a person camps behind a teleporter exit and shoots everyone that comes through before they have the change to turn around. If anything it's a map design fail :V

Yes but, What happens when admins arent on? What happens if you report and nobody gives a f*ck? Telecampers go in action and ruin our points.

You could record them, save their steam id and start a ban topic

or just send the demo file to an admin

Edited by CarPileUp

That 'Post-Teleport god mode' idea might even help a tiny bit against telecampers, but on the other hand players might abuse that feature in other situations, for example in jail.

"Everything has a side effect. With an advantage comes another disadvantage"

So, I'd rather saying that there's nothing we can do about it <_<

This could be, by far, the best solution against the problem:

If a game makes you angry, take a break. (until they leave or stop)
Edited by Quert

There should be a trigger volume, which will kill or hurt who ever is still in the area over 5 seconds.

Make it similar to the anti-exploit zone on Mr Green ZS :)

Edited by Guest

If you see anyone teleport camping, !report them. Know that reporting ONCE is enough. If you have me on your friends list, send me a IM and I'll join as fast as I can.

If nobody arrives, you think the person deserves to be banned for longer or if you know they'll disconnect/stop whatever they're doing when the admin comes online, you simply record them. You can do this in the console by typing

record [filename]

stopdemo

Example:

record hacker

stopdemo

This will create a .dem file in your /counter strike source/cstrike folder which you can upload to any site and link to an admin and they can see what was going on. If you can, spectate in third-person to see the name of the player.

Edited by VMR