Mr. Green Gaming

Mod Staff why so young?

Ukosan

How many play minecraft? Alot. Why is it every server you go to you see people pleading for Mod rights? Because they don't see when a person types " Please please please let me be a mod im responsible please ill do anything why cant I be a mod?" that these people are not mature and will not enforce or even look for rule breakers. Then why have rules? It was either already in the program when it was installed and no one person knew how to change it or they just hoped that it would scare people into following them. Since I have been on minecraft I have went from one public server to the next spending large amounts of time on each in the attempt to find one with a active and mature staff that actually does what they are intended to do.

I have asked each server after a few days of them complaining about what one another is has or won't do how old they was. I have gotten silence from 90% of these people and they log out of the game. The ones who answered said they was between the ages of 8-13. Now what makes or even compels someone to give someone the rights to operate a server that houses more than 3 or 4 people? I have no idea. How many people have I seen get banned or removed from these servers? About 5 and the odd thing was those 5 people was the ones appointed as Mod's. All of them. What happens when someone with a background puts in for a MOd position? Nothing, its ignored. Why is this? They don't what someone that knows what they are doing and are not willing to give up items in-game to people just for them to call them cool.

Children will fight and argue with people on these servers because they think they are making themselves look big but in reality its the same as a newborn throwing a fit because there hungry. Lets give them a bottle and send them on there way. A game is a game simple as that and when one person decides to cheat in some way it makes the game no longer fun for everyone else making the attempt to have fun or forget about something else. It eventually makes those legit players leave the game and go somewhere else. What happens when the legit people leave the game and only the cheats remain? A bunch of cheaters calling one another cheaters and either they get mad and stop playing, they hunt for better cheats or they are all in the same faction/guild/group/clan.

Well in the instance that a honest dependable staff is taken in to operate a server the way it was intended people get ticked off and start to cry because they get busted and the rules are enforced.

Yes I have my open personal servers for multiple games and I use to play a few games with some people who had a minecraft server. But when a plugin was put in they liked it was quickly disliked once it was used to defend against them so them the GM went on and they removed the defense from the person using it as everyone else seems to do.

Find some people who will actually enforce the rules stated on the page and see how many people you find removed within the first 30 minutes from using the simplest of cheats such as X-ray. When a person takes a dig directly down in the ground and right to a diamond block it has nothing to do with the locations of the blocks its because they used x-ray and seem there was diamond there and wanted to snag it. Well those who do this legit will dig around and find something good and start taking it out and a x-ray user will come right out after them and kill them. 3 weeks not on this server I have seen spam bots and it took an hour before they was removed or just left. Not one time have I seen anyone get banned. I have seen people fly,jump,warp,follow,hit without being hit, run and even fall from hights that is far beyond the damage limit and still live and kill whom ever they was after.

NO ban followed and this post will more than likely be removed within minuted from the time it is posted. I will be going back to shadowbane soon where real pvp takes place and real staff controle the game. Where it takes more than a good sword to over power soneone.

well, im not much into Minecraft, but i can tell that left4green does not have any 12 years old admins, but it realy does not matter that much is the admin 15 or 25 if the person can behave like he is supposed to. Also, you'll notice that being an admin is not that cool when you have a job and you should do also something else than work,play mc and sleep.

Aka.

There is not a problem.

I've read that novel of a text several times now, and I can only say one thing. You, sir, are bloody dumb.

The quality of your text would refer to you being either dyslexic or drunk, as there seems to be no red thread whatsoever. The base seems to be something about x-ray or hacks or whatnot, which are all quite well governed (Have you seen the unban section? We have closer to thousand people banned for x-ray on the passing of few months.) and its causalization to apparent youthfulness of the admins. Instead of writing a block of text that would make Tolkien jealous, maybe you should actually include something to say in your text instead of rambling about absolutely, positively nothing.

You sir, are infact a total idiot/troll. The youngest Minecraft admin is 19 (Darkstar?) here and I myself am 20. Our xray system bans multiple people daily, which is notable by the posts in the unban section. The spam plugin itself also bans multiple people daily, if you played as much as I do you'd witness it. I myself ban on average 5-6 people a day for advertising/foul play or whatever reason there may be. I'd say on average 15-20 people get banned. People don't freely hack like you explained, that's just a lie.

Edited by Corby

ok 292 people in xray ban list

This was reported 2 days ago.

I'm also sure that you remember when I assisted in getting the bot spammers banned. (you were present on the server at the time)

But, not only that, we have a thread dedicated to reporting hackers, and I have reported a few hackers. :)

There isn't just me reporting, there are others too.

So, anyone that decides to freely hack will get what's coming to them.

Edited by Guest

Well I actually managed to read this wall of text. That's my second achievement in reading huge posts.

Now what I want to ask is... Did you even read what you posted yourself?

The first part of the text was about mods.

The 2nd was about cheating n' shit, as far as I understood.

How do you people even manage to mix 2 topics in 1 wall of text? God sake.

So what I am going to tell you is that you must have been to Narnia yesterday or something like that.

Alright, so do you know how many people were banned for x-raying? How many people there are advertising their servers, while doing a wall of spam? Probably, you must know.

Let me leave something about x-raying. 300 people will suit you?

All I must say is that you are a fool, sir.

Now, :getout:.

-Mr. Darkness

Let's start from the top, you complain about how young users on the server beg for mod and how they are accepted purely from a simple request for mod. This does NOT happen in minecraft.nl and if you really believe this, look at the staff that are present at the moment. Corby? He is extremely active, plus he isn't 12 years old and if he was, why does it matter? Age does not measure the level of maturity. Clavus isn't as active on the server as Corby but he programmes a lot of the plug ins and if the server crashes, he sorts it out quickly and efficiently. To be honest I have no idea where these ideas of lack of maturity from the staff team come from.

Next, your paragraph about too many cheaters. I have to admit, The server used to be full of xrayers and hackers but Clavus has completely changed the server with his custom built plug in. Although its less fun for the legit raiders that get a kick out of taking the xrayed diamonds from hackers (Rangers). The plug in has completely changed the player base of the server meaning minimal hackers and more legit players. I don't know the exact number but something like 300 players have already been banned for X-ray by Clavus.

Finally, your last few paragraphs. The one about plug ins being removed because of too much negative feed back, I have no idea wtf you are going on about. Next, your paragraph about needing new plug ins to stop hackers. The server already runs no-cheat (I think) and as I mentioned before an extremely effective anti-X-ray plug in.

Thanks for your time :D

Brant