Mr. Green Gaming

TF2 server restructure

I'm a bit confused as to why you're No'ing Autoscramble still, I'm still yet to see a person in this topic (bar yourself) to say it's a good idea, It seems the general consensu on both the server and here is that an autoscramble needs to be introduced.

With all due respect, for someone who wants to maintain player count you sure are making a poor judgment here.

I completely agree Vegeta, I know you're the server owner and everything Clav, but it just looks like you're ignoring what I've seen EVERYONE asking for ever since I joined the forums

At the very least you should do a poll to see what people think instead of just ignoring everyone and assuming you're right - Other wise why bother even making this thread in the first place

I'm a bit confused as to why you're No'ing Autoscramble still, I'm still yet to see a person in this topic (bar yourself) to say it's a good idea, It seems the general consensu on both the server and here is that an autoscramble needs to be introduced.

With all due respect, for someone who wants to maintain player count you sure are making a poor judgment here.

I couldn't agree more. I find it crazy that after asking people for advices you just sweep the idea away like that.

edit : at the very least, admins should be able to scramble the teams.

Edited by Shoogoo

Al right I've done things as follows:

Payload / CP is now only Payload with the inbuild mapvote. Max rounds is 4 so both teams defend and attack twice.

Arena now has a round limit of 13 and a win limit of 7, meaning that once a team wins 7 rounds the map switches. So if one team keeps on winning the map switches sooner.

I'm new to these forums so please don't just flame straight away.

I've been playing on the Mr Green non-arena server for around a week now and i've seen the old structure and the new structure. Previously you had to download navigation files for the bots, and the bot coding, whether done by TC / Clavus or not, was shocking. I played one match where it was 3 humans, 1 bot medic, vs myself, 2 bot medics and a bot scout. My bot medics decided to go battle medics and did nothing. Eventually i won due to the 3 humans on the other team becoming complacent.

With the new system the server seemed dead. Whenever i look, unless prompted by an ex-admin for this community, there are no players in the server. Once the server became partially filled, mostly by players from these forums, NPhect, Shoogoo and someone else to name but the top players, it turned into some decent matches.

My suggestion though would be to either promote some active admins to scramble the teams, because they quite easily become unbalanced, or to implement an auto-scramble if certain criteria are met. The criteria shouldn't simply be, red team won 1 game, scramble teams! It should be constant wins, possibly within a set time as well, and then it should scramble.

Also it would be nice if the mapvote system was easier to see. I know some servers have it pop up too often, but when playing last night i didn't notice any automated chat line saying "type XXX to call a mapvote" XXX being the correct word.

Just to let people know, my steam name currently is Prince Geoffrey.

The server only changed a day ago, give it some time for people to get on it

Also, the server couldn't possibly be less empty than it was before, just stick around and see what happens. If it goes back to how it was then Clav can change things again

Edited by Dr.Minky

I'm new to these forums so please don't just flame straight away.

I've been playing on the Mr Green non-arena server for around a week now and i've seen the old structure and the new structure. Previously you had to download navigation files for the bots, and the bot coding, whether done by TC / Clavus or not, was shocking. I played one match where it was 3 humans, 1 bot medic, vs myself, 2 bot medics and a bot scout. My bot medics decided to go battle medics and did nothing. Eventually i won due to the 3 humans on the other team becoming complacent.

With the new system the server seemed dead. Whenever i look, unless prompted by an ex-admin for this community, there are no players in the server. Once the server became partially filled, mostly by players from these forums, NPhect, Shoogoo and someone else to name but the top players, it turned into some decent matches.

My suggestion though would be to either promote some active admins to scramble the teams, because they quite easily become unbalanced, or to implement an auto-scramble if certain criteria are met. The criteria shouldn't simply be, red team won 1 game, scramble teams! It should be constant wins, possibly within a set time as well, and then it should scramble.

Also it would be nice if the mapvote system was easier to see. I know some servers have it pop up too often, but when playing last night i didn't notice any automated chat line saying "type XXX to call a mapvote" XXX being the correct word.

Just to let people know, my steam name currently is Prince Geoffrey.

Hey Jeff, Good to see you posting on the forums now, Like you said there are times when the servers empty, It just needs a bit of input from a few dedicated players to get it started off, Yesterday was a good example, I invited several players on my friends list, it started with just the 3 of us and we managed to build it up to max players, the problem was once it was beddy-byes for the EU players, the server player-clount dwindled back down. If we could get a few more amerikan players then this probably wouldn't happen, however I dont see how we'd be able to get that to work.

Seems the Quickplay (thus requiring no bots) does work as intended. Server fills up pretty fast if you get just a few people in.

The chart agrees

server_load_880_225_3_2631720_15658734_nl.png

To back up what Clavus said, if you look at the fairly popular Arena server, this graph looks pretty much the same as that - and thats after only one day. Its expected for it to be empty for half the day anyway because the vast majority of Mr.Green players are European

Edited by Dr.Minky

Okay time to rage.

Several times now i've gone into the payload server to see it empty. I've then sat there for a while until some other players join. eventually there are a few people on, and enough for me to leave. I leave, come back a few hours later, map is thundermountain, and the server is DEAD.

Suggestion, remove Thundermountain from the vote cycle.

Okay time to rage.

Several times now i've gone into the payload server to see it empty. I've then sat there for a while until some other players join. eventually there are a few people on, and enough for me to leave. I leave, come back a few hours later, map is thundermountain, and the server is DEAD.

Suggestion, remove Thundermountain from the vote cycle.

Ditto.gif