Mr. Green Gaming

TF2 server restructure

NPhect, why did you join though? not to be harsh to you and please don't take this as an attack at you, but you only joined, IMHO, due to an invite from Balmung.

On the old server structure, everyone said that the BOTS ruined it because they didn't want to download the .nav files. Well now someone is saying the download maps suck. Also, with the bots, if no-one else was on you'd at least have something to play against. Now if your the only person online, you have an instant pushing win, but a max time defend win.

It's not you i was trying to point out, it was every L4G "veteran" is only willing to join, bar a couple, if they're invited. People should play because they want to, not because someone is pestering them with invites.

Another note of interest, NPhect is the only admin i've seen on, although i've barely looked in arena. When 4 admins are available, as pure TF2 admins, how many actually play / administrate on a regular basis. NPhect is one, but what about the others?

Well damn Jeff :lol: you sure are straightforward for a newcomer.

May I add my vote to kicking Thundermountain aswel, that map is awful anyway. And Cranetop should only be available through vote imho. The last part of that map (that big, opened circle) is pretty terrible. Both of those maps are too big and casuals get lost in them, they just wander around and if they happen to get stomped that will be enough for them to leave to another server.

I dont think this payload idea is working, Its been a week and only on a few instances has the server been full, especially the last 4 days It's been completely dead at what should be peak times. I think we should try a different approach because theres still something which is causing people not to join.

I dont think this payload idea is working, Its been a week and only on a few instances has the server been full, especially the last 4 days It's been completely dead at what should be peak times. I think we should try a different approach because theres still something which is causing people not to join.

Agreed, I sometimes come on for like 5 mins in the hope that more people will join and stay but it rarely happens.

probably cause i'm so pro

Is the server on the quickplay list now?

Edited by Dr.Minky

Well damn Jeff :lol: you sure are straightforward for a newcomer.

May I add my vote to kicking Thundermountain aswel, that map is awful anyway. And Cranetop should only be available through vote imho.

there's no point typing over 9000 words for something that can be said in about 5.

This community probably isn't a democracy, as seen a few pages back here with clavus sided against auto-scramble despite the players pleading for it, so i doubt the 2 "votes" for removing thundermountain will count. I haven't played cranetop so can't really comment. The main thing that annoys is the voting. Either people vote for shite maps then leave, or the vote system doesn't pick the most voted for map. Myself and Balmung both voted option 1, and it chose option X, when there were only 3 people online.

Agreed, I sometimes come on for like 5 mins in the hope that more people will join and stay but it rarely happens.

I have spent half hour with only myself in the server and the only person to join was Balmung, after i asked him via steam chat.

Perhaps 24/7 instant Respawn 32 slot 2fort is a good shout, Hopefully once we get it filled once It should stay up for a good period of time.

Generally 2fort servers are full or nearly fullness but like with payload, if the server is dead it'll be boring as fuck. With one or two people playing it'll be easy / insta wins, with no enjoyment by any players as they just walk back and forth between intel rooms.

Have you guys thought of prophunt?

That WOULD be fun

Specially if we could customize it a bit with different props and music and stuff, make it more special to the l4g server

Its a big change though. Not to mention it would make most of the current GC perks useless - Not that it would affect arena I guess.

(for those who dont know what it is)

Edited by Dr.Minky

with regards to the prop hunt idea:

although it may be cool as a special weekend, but at times the server is dead. Do you wish to kill the server permanently? That gamemode appeals to the niche player group and most of those will have prop hunt servers to play on already. Why are 20 or so niche players going to switch to this server to play a gamemode 24 hours a day? They won't. The server needs a gamemode that the regulars here, and the mass player grouping, enjoys and will also play.

Ideally, we just need a way to get more people to play.. I guess the problem is that all the proper players are european, so in the middle of the night the players drop off and don't come back. I don't know how we'd fix that off the top of my head, unless we did something like there are bots playing between X and Y times or something (thats probably an awful idea)

Heres an idea I had in college today

People earn double green coins between like 8:30 and 9:00 or something every day, or some other perk, just to get more players on the server for a short amount of time so that it will fill up and stay filled up for the night (since thats usually what happens)

Thoughts?

Edited by Dr.Minky

People shouldnt really need an incentive to play, they should play because they want to. Yesterday the server was full, lost a few people on thundermountain, but after the map changed to cranetop it plummeted down to 4 players, It wasn't particularly late either, It was probably because people didnt want to download a map.

Edit: FFFF Typo

Edited by Vegeta7141

Simple, give 20 refined per month for the most active guy on the payload servers.

Ywa/Clavus can buy 10 tf2 premium accounts ( 5euros each), and idle 1 day per week ( I can sort it out with a easy program ). Many people will come there and stay. We win.

I thought you get a premium account if you just buy anything from the store :o

People shouldnt really need an incentive to play, they should play because they want to.

I agree, which is why it makes sense to give some people an insentive

The reason why people don't play is because its empty, the server EASILY fills up if there are 6 or so players in no time, because they know they have people to play with! So a small incentive to get a few people to play will bring in the people who 'want to' play and fill it up for the evening, as you said

The idea of gifting people refined seems a bit unfair, its not going to bring in any NEW players every day because the only person that will get the loot will be one of the already active players, probably wont be much competition as to who gets it

Edited by Dr.Minky

Simple, give 20 refined per month for the most active guy on the payload servers.

Ywa/Clavus can buy 10 tf2 premium accounts ( 5euros each), and idle 1 day per week ( I can sort it out with a easy program ). Many people will come there and stay. We win.

I thought you get a premium account if you just buy anything from the store :o

Minimum buyout on steam is 5 euros :D

People shouldnt really need an incentive to play, they should play because they want to.

I agree, which is why it makes sense to give some people an insentive

The reason why people don't play is because its empty, the server EASILY fills up if there are 6 or so players in no time, because they know they have people to play with! So a small incentive to get a few people to play will bring in the people who 'want to' play and fill it up for the evening, as you said

The idea of gifting people refined seems a bit unfair, its not going to bring in any NEW players every day because the only person that will get the loot will be one of the already active players, probably wont be much competition as to who gets it

Raffle of the refined metal but only people who have played a certain amount of hours can enter,like not too many hours and have something in chat saying about it, and telling them to come ot the forums to register so they can participate.