Mr. Green Gaming

TF2 server restructure

As for admins, people would definitely be more interested in being an admin if people start playing again (I know I would) so if you can revamp the server then it wouldn't be an issue

People don't want to apply for admin because they know they have to be active on IRC or w/e that weird chat is and it's mostly dead anyways. The rule itself is odd and makes no sense, and people just gave up asking.

When was the last time someone got admin on TF2 that hasn't been admin before?

Though this isn't always the case, I'm pretty sure Void doesnt use the IRC all that often, I'd happily re-apply if the need for more TF2 Admins arises but the key thing right now is to actually get the servers up and healthy again.

As for admins, people would definitely be more interested in being an admin if people start playing again (I know I would) so if you can revamp the server then it wouldn't be an issue

People don't want to apply for admin because they know they have to be active on IRC or w/e that weird chat is and it's mostly dead anyways. The rule itself is odd and makes no sense, and people just gave up asking.

When was the last time someone got admin on TF2 that hasn't been admin before?

Though this isn't always the case, I'm pretty sure Void doesnt use the IRC all that often, I'd happily re-apply if the need for more TF2 Admins arises but the key thing right now is to actually get the servers up and healthy again.

Sure, but anyone else who has tried has been denied which was kind of my point. The answer was usually "We aren't looking for any more Admins on TF2" yet there is only 1 or 2 who are active.

More small information from me :)

1. I have ben thinking about aplying for admin my self, only thing stopping me is IRC and my lack of admin knowledge. Even thou' i think i have a good chance :V

2. Untill about... 1-2 months ago me Shoogoo, Lopata and many others have ben crowding up #1 for a night full of fun (excet it only lasts 1-3 hours) But now it kinda' just stoped, my thoughts why? Beacuse personaly i dont got the patience to get the server crowded, i used to use hours waiting for someone to join.

But there arent any players anyway, so why would they NEED more admins?

Its a pointless discussion, just try and come up with ways to make the server better and bring in more players and THEN people can complain about admins when there is actually a server to maintain...

Sure, I agree.

Stop it with more admins idea, we're friends with each other and when a hacker appears you know that an admin is connecting quickly so stop it. We need players not admins.

So, no ones actually said much about any of the ideas put up..

Could we get a poll, saying what people think we should do with the server?

- Refresh and improve the server - Saxton Hale - 64 Man 2Fort - (an alternate mode is pretty much impossible, unless someone is willing to code it)

Personally, I'd want to improve the server, failing that the saxton hale idea. 64 man sounds like it could fall flat on its arse...

Edited by Dr.Minky

But there arent any players anyway, so why would they NEED more admins?

Its a pointless discussion, just try and come up with ways to make the server better and bring in more players and THEN people can complain about admins when there is actually a server to maintain...

Sure, I agree.

Stop it with more admins idea, we're friends with each other and when a hacker appears you know that an admin is connecting quickly so stop it. We need players not admins.

And how does this admin connect so quickly?

Beacuse im lazy enough to connect to IRC, but yes we do need more players, but as the server is, we need regular players.

The real question is, will any of our requests happen? We've been asking for scramble, critvote and other for a long time and we have been given the same answer. What's going to change now?

Also for a new server you could try prophunt and make greencoin perks that give you bonuses for either seeking or hiding.

Edited by Raxan

Another thing that I noticed a while back but has seemed to become ever more irritating is the votemap, as It's called from the main menu I'm not sure whether you're able to disable it, but if you can it would be extremely useful.

The vote doesnt work as it should, For examle if a player Initiated a vote to change to well, the map would change to offblast, Thus several maps get missed out, people then call another vote as it didn't go to the one they want, and you end up playing offblast for another 20 minutes.

A pure Payload with nominate/mapvote server sounds like an idea. No bots to meet the quickplay criteria (although all our current servers are already 'in good standing' on quickplay).

I approve this, I would play non stop :V

This is completely unrelated, but you should also add purchasable particle effects for hats, that is pretty common on servers now.

Edited by Dr.Minky

Is the auto-scramble being considered too? Was in a sawmill match earlier, started off around 20/20, teams stacked and it dropped down to 8.

It's Payload. You get to play as offense and as defense and then the map switches. The better team just wins.

A pure Payload with nominate/mapvote server sounds like an idea. No bots to meet the quickplay criteria (although all our current servers are already 'in good standing' on quickplay).

This is completely unrelated, but you should also add purchasable particle effects for hats, that is pretty common on servers now.

We also want to keep a stock server, community server. Thats what Ywa and Clavus told me.

We also want to keep a stock server, community server. Thats what Ywa and Clavus told me.

make-it-so.jpg

And @Clavus I completely dissagree about not having auto-scramble on a payload server. If anything its MORE important! If you were playing dustbowl, thats 6 maps you'd have to play with unbalanced teams, which can last way over an hour of gameplay

Unless you recruit many more admins to scramble teams themselves, then you should put in autoscramble.. At the least a votescramble

Edited by Dr.Minky

Can we get an answer to these questions now, please?

- Critvote, yes or no?

- Auto Scramble (on Arena), yes or no?

- Map vote before round ends, yes or no?

Also Clavus i remember you saying you were interested in adding custom arena maps, will that happen?

- Critvote, yes or no?

Also Clavus i remember you saying you were interested in adding custom arena maps, will that happen?

No critvote, I'm still not for autoscramble either, map vote was already discussed?, custom arena maps: find me some good ones first, I couldn't.

- Critvote, yes or no?

No critvote, I'm still not for autoscramble either, map vote was already discussed?, custom arena maps: find me some good ones first, I couldn't.

I'm a bit confused as to why you're No'ing Autoscramble still, I'm still yet to see a person in this topic (bar yourself) to say it's a good idea, It seems the general consensu on both the server and here is that an autoscramble needs to be introduced.

With all due respect, for someone who wants to maintain player count you sure are making a poor judgment here.