Mr. Green Gaming

Eating food doesn't fill you up

I can confirm this. Shortly after eating melons, I've experienced that my hunger bar almost instantly returns to where it was before eating. This has led to people having to eat constantly, which has given several people warnings and kicks from the anticheat plugin. Also, if you do get your hunger bar filled up, you won't heal automatically like you normaly should

Edited by Arild_

Plus one for the topic description.

I've seen this first hand, gave a starving guy food to eat and he got kicked when he ate it. Some people say that it fixes when they log out and in again.

Try a different food type, like pork chops. I'm interested if the anticheat plug in thinks you are illegally refilling your food bar too fast and recompensates by making you hungry or eventually kicking you. People eating melons seem to go at it all day, but the guy I gave pork chops to got kicked.

I personally don't experience the issue. Of the people that do, do you have any client mods at all (obviously you wouldn't admit to hacks, but minimaps, graphical enhancements, anything other than the bog standard .jar). I'm not looking to ban you, just trying to figure out what's up.

I've seen this first hand, gave a starving guy food to eat and he got kicked when he ate it. Some people say that it fixes when they log out and in again.

Try a different food type, like pork chops. I'm interested if the anticheat plug in thinks you are illegally refilling your food bar too fast and recompensates by making you hungry or eventually kicking you. People eating melons seem to go at it all day, but the guy I gave pork chops to got kicked.

I personally don't experience the issue. Of the people that do, do you have any client mods at all (obviously you wouldn't admit to hacks, but minimaps, graphical enhancements, anything other than the bog standard .jar). I'm not looking to ban you, just trying to figure out what's up.

Im having the same problem, so much that I starved down to half a heart and can do nothing to regain my health. After logging off and back in I was able to eat, but my health did not restore my health I had to use a instant health potion to live. After that my food bar stopped working again and I am currently down to half a heart. It's super annoying. I have no mods or enhancements to my client at all, just normal minecraft. Also, I have tried several types of food, with no avail.

Please help.

I tried eating a different food, in this case cooked chicken, and i got a warning almost immediately. Vanilla Minecraft... default texture pack... latest version of Mac Java... nothing that should cause problems.

EDIT: Now I have been kicked, had my health drop down to a half heart, and even after eating up to a full health bar I don't heal. After logging out and back in (or getting kicked) the food bar reverts to the state it was in a while back (one food thingy).

EDIT 2: My food bar dropped down to on food thing while typing my last edit.

Edited by ScottSmith
  • 8 years later...
On 6/5/2012 at 12:55 PM, Arild_ said:

I can confirm this. Shortly after eating melons, I've experienced that my hunger bar almost instantly returns to where it was before eating. This has led to people having to eat constantly, which has given several people warnings and kicks from the anticheat plugin. Also, if you do get your hunger bar filled up, you won't heal automatically like you normaly should

MELONS HAVE TERRIBLE SATURATION, OTHER FOODS LAST LONGER! (Golden Carrots and Honey Bottles are the best)

Bread sucks pretty bad too