Mr. Green Gaming

Gaming PC?

It's better to go to your local electronic store and let them design your PC. It's way cheaper and if you let them assemble it, you'll probably get a warranty for 2-3 years. I think not positive about that.

But just tell them your wishes, like what you are going to use it for, what you want to pay for it and some of the parts you really want. E.G. intel core or hard drive.

I've done this myself and I've got a pretty goddamn awesome PC for under €1000. I don't know if you want to spend that much, but just think what you're really going to need.

On the other hand, if you build your own PC you gain experience and you will be cheaper out.

When I first builded my PC, I felt excited(true nerd) and as soon as the package arrived I was adoring the components, but after a while I manned up and builded it.

It was a good learning experience.

Yes that is true, but it costed me like €50. So for a 3 year warranty I was willing to pay that. But just decide what you want Wez, if you want experience or spending another 1000 dollars/euros/wtfyouuse on a replacement for your PC.

All I know it's way more money/performance efficient to build one yourself.

Not true.

If you don't want to be put up with shitty brands, it is :V

For most lower end computers prebuild is often good enough. But when you go for a gaming PC you are almost always better off building it yourself. Or at least choose the parts and let it be build for you.

What's your budget wezrine? What games do you hope to play?

On the other hand, if you build your own PC you gain experience and you will be cheaper out.

When I first builded my PC, I felt excited(true nerd) and as soon as the package arrived I was adoring the components, but after a while I manned up and builded it.

It was a good learning experience.

Yes that is true, but it costed me like €50. So for a 3 year warranty I was willing to pay that. But just decide what you want Wez, if you want experience or spending another 1000 dollars/euros/wtfyouuse on a replacement for your PC.

If you buy from a good brand you get at least 5-10 years warranty(ex: EVGA etc).

Here in the netherlands you automatically get 2 years warranty, for free.

Also, It really needs to be cheap.

That is in no way helpful Wezy :V Give us a budget, we'll give you parts, done

If your budget is like £300 (pretty low) I would recommend simply buying a prebuilt PC off of ebuyer or amazon or something, then just buy windows and replace the graphics card on it - then you pay say £200 an okay PC without having to build it yourself (picking motherboards, cases, ram, CPU etc) if thats not what you want to do and then get a low-mid range graphics card with the rest of the money, that be the cheapest and easiest thing you could do with a low budget.

DEFINATELY don't go somewhere like PC world to ask for advice cause theyre shit - Heres an example why. I spent £550 to build my PC from scratch, and a few weeks later my friend spent £1300 buying a PC from a shop. Mine has better specs than his.. :V

But yeah. Entirely depends on your budget, before I know that I cant really comment.

If that was confusing, heres what I mean

Prebuilt PC (not this one definately, its just an example)

http://www.ebuyer.com/389051-zoostorm-desktop-pc-7873-1062

+

Whack in a good graphics card (this would be perfect, if you went with intel)

http://www.ebuyer.com/267865-gigabyte-gtx-560-oc-edition-1gb-gddr5-dual-dvi-mini-hdmi-pci-e-gv-n56goc-1gi

=

Not bad gaming PC that would run most things pretty well for only about £350 ("acquire" windows..)

Edited by Dr.Minky

My budget is about up to 700 dollars. 500 is what I really want though. And I dont know if I should build a PC, cause first off, I have no clue what any of the fucking parts do, and second off, Im scared im gonna fuck it all up.

And the games I want to play on it are games like Day Z, Elder Scrolls, and just stuff like that.

Edited by Guest

My budget is about up to 700 dollars. 500 is what I really want though. And I dont know if I should build a PC, cause first off, I have no clue what any of the fucking parts do, and second off, Im scared im gonna fuck it all up.

And the games I want to play on it are games like Day Z, Elder Scrolls, and just stuff like that.

Just do what I said then, then you get the best of both

Also, I found this one website on it. Is it any good?

http://www.theverge....build-gaming-pc

Just do what I said then, then you get the best of both

Yes Master.

And can I get like a step by step on what I need to get and do? Cause I dont know where to start.

Edited by Guest

Online guides are outdated the moment they're posted, because of how fast new releases are made. Since you're in the US, I would recommend ordering from Newegg since that seems to be the popular option there. Don't know if you can let it be pre-assembled there but it wouldn't surprise me if you could.

Do you think I can easily find the parts to build it at a Electronics store. I have one right near my house that is really big.

And when you mean pre-assembled do you mean it is completely built when you buy it?

Do you think I can easily find the parts to build it at a Electronics store. I have one right near my house that is really big.

And when you mean pre-assembled do you mean it is completely built when you buy it?

Yep, some places provide that service so you don't have to deal with faulty parts and setting things up. It'll cost extra of course. Not too familiar with what you have in your neighbourhood though. I can provide you with some builds using Newegg as source for the prices and parts, if you want.

Also does the 700 dollar need to account for a new monitor too?

Maybe you should just walk do this :

1.Walk into a computer store.

2. Say that you need a gaming computer for ~500$ and you dont know anything from computers

3. They'll tell what kind of a computer you need

4. Tell em to write the components up to a piece of paper.

5. Post the list of components here.

6. Acquire the golden seal of approval from us

7. Buy the PC and go home.