⚠️DATA BREACH ⚠️ ×
Mr. Green Gaming

THE DAWN APPROACHES!! : New GW2 guild structure

HELLO EVERYONE!

As I mentioned before, after playing in the guild wars 2 beta events, we know that we can't use a PROPER guild structure in this game unless everyone was super committed to the guild - But we know on this forum people will likely want to be more casual.

So here's the new system we've came up with which should work really well.

Firstly, and most importantly, we are going to operate WvWvW focused tournaments every other month. Reason for this is, if we tried to co-ordinate doing random stuff all the time then people would get bored of it, since gw2 is such an open and 'relaxed' game, so what we will do is have a month where we casually play together in PvE and PvP, then the next month we will go super srs and pro on WvW trying to work as a team like a proper guild (since it works in monthly cycles)

Second of all, to help this monthly WvW thing run properly, we are going to adopt a squad system. This is where youll find youself a squad to go in (you have a max group of 4 in gw2 unless they change that) and you always stick with your group. Your squad would have a squad leader who co-ordinates your group, and then all of the squads work together on team speak - which should lead to some reaaaal nice team based and strategic game play, and let us all mix around and get to know each other more. PARTICULARLY if you chose to be in a permanent squad and get to know the guys you're playing with for when you're in battle.

Here's a scenario for you - Squad 1 has guardians and mesmers in, and squad 2 has more agro classes like ranger and necro. After talking on team speak, squad 1 will split off to breach into the walls of the castle, and inside that squad they will work together to protect the mesmer as he sets up the portals. While doing this they can be asking for squad 2 to give them more support in certain areas or to ask for a distraction in certain places.

May sound a bit confusing, but if you think about it, it would work very well since in this game, its almost ENTIRELY about tactics and skill, and not just what item you have.

Last of all, we're probably going to ditch the whole title system - there will obviously be more authoritive players, i.e. squad leaders and guild leaders, who will just be the people who play the most and are best at the game, but we dont really need too much of a hierarchic with a community of our size. We want to be close, efficient, and effective. And that is what we shall be fellas!

If you have any qualms or suggestions, post em now before the game is released. For those of you who pre-ordered, see you on the 25th!

Also, I want to set up a squad of purely necromancers. We will be the uber death squad of 1337ness called the Necbro squad or something. :V

Edited by Dr.Minky

Following on...

It would be best to restart the game when it comes out so everyone is on the same level, yes I will be discarding my +20 account for obvious reasons.

I would like to lead the Rangers Squad if that's okay with the guild master?

Also to those that need help with anything in game add me and I will aid you with quests and weapon drops if needed.

Prodiguild shall be strong brother!!

Following on...

It would be best to restart the game when it comes out so everyone is on the same level, yes I will be discarding my +20 account for obvious reasons.

Also to those that need help with anything in game add me and I will aid you with quests and weapon drops if needed.

Uhh, all beta characters are deleted before launch anyway.

Following on...

This means I am poor once again... :/

Following on...

If you bought any gems or anything you will get them back at launch, but it won't give you items. I'll most likely be buying re-skins for my armor or something once the games come out. I bought 800 gems from the gemstore.

Following on...

Hence why I was telling you to stop overplaying the beta lol

Following on...

If you bought any gems or anything you will get them back at launch, but it won't give you items. I'll most likely be buying re-skins for my armor or something once the games come out. I bought 800 gems from the gemstore.

On that note I shall still be rich XD

How many of you will be joining us in the early start? :)

I'll be waiting in the planes of Ascalon in the Charr area for about an hour or so when the game is released, so any other Charrs that are joining can meet up with me, Peon, Chem and whoever else there.

Edited by Dr.Minky

I'll be waiting in the planes of Ascalon in the Charr area for about an hour or so when the game is released, so any other Charrs that are joining can meet up with me, Peon, Chem and whoever else there.

I'm in.

I hope so, my dad wants me to do sth sat. but I'll ask him to swap it to another day :V.

Edited by Mathijs1996

I'll probably join up with you guys.

I'll probably join up with you guys.

Nice, what race will you be? Just so I know to wait for you or not

Hmm i will go to a birthday party tomorrow so i can not be there at launch, and if i am there then i am most propably drunk as f**k and will not dare to talk to you guys :D

1 day 14 hours is 10 am gmt +2 saturday. I'm horrible with converting times. It's saturday but don't shoot me if it's later or earlier :(.

You'll probably have a hangover at that moment :V

Edited by Mathijs1996