Mr. Green Gaming

Discuss Anime

Reap3r

The characters from guilty crown are BI-Polar as fuck due to the fact that they rushed character development specially in the later part of the 'series'.

The fact is if the first 13 episodes were one series then GC would have been fine and probably very good. But it feels after that they found out the tv studio had 9 free slots left so they completely rushed it.

If they would have done the standard 13 or 12 episodes a series (as much as i hate conforming to standards in anime) and split the series into 2 (which it essentially already is) they would have had about an extra 40-60minutes of character development which would have easily fixed the bi-polar issue.

My $0.02

Edit- I did enjoy GC and its soundtrack is probably one of THE best all time anime OST

+ Thanks to GC EGOIST got a huge break into the music industry.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=iF3dxVJPKV4

Edited by Griffon

Hmmhmm, ToraDora is from highschool till the end.

Meanwhile, Clannad shows a whole person life/a different dimension.

This ofcourse isn't saying much but if you think about it:

A couple having problems with their family and don't know who to love.

or

A whole life you have seen built up, how all his connections were made, how he got with his wife and then how he loses it all. ofcourse in the end he gets it all back, BUT THAT FEELING BRO WHEN HE LOST EVERYTHING! Toradora didn't make me even cry, not even sad. Clannad, sniff. /rambling

Yes clannad is good(very very good), but as most people forget Toradora isnt just about the romance theres alot more going on than first meets the eye.

The way Ryuuji and argues with his mother over who should provide for them. The child like ness of his mother due to her running away as a teenager. The way she pushes herself every day to care for him just because doesnt want Ryuuji to end up un-educated like she did. The fact she is over protective to the point where she drives him way even though she is smart enough to realize he is right.

And i havent even started on Taigas familly.

Arguing over the little things is what defines family interaction at its finest.

Clannad is the best for pure emotions, but clannad doesnt portray reality due to its over tragic nature.

I guess were splitting hairs though as its simply how you like your Drama i guess.

True, the genre has many sub-genres as that will make people collide and argue with each other over their preferences.

Then let my divide my question:

What is the best,

Romance-Drama

Realistic-Drama

Fantasy-Drama

Emotional-Drama

etc.

This way we will come out with a much clearer opinion :)

As for my preferences:

Romance-Drama=Indeed ToraDora but theres also a anime whose name I forget which was also so special in romance/drama about where the girl goes in Coma.

Realistic-Drama=Realistic? Anime isn't very realistic but there are some that are a little bit, for me it might School Days lol.

Fantasy-Drama=Clannad/Afterstory

Emotional-Drama=Clannad/Afterstory

Edit1: As not everyone is watching Drama Anime(Cough Xeim Cough) I want to ask a different question:

What do you think of this season is the best OP/ED?

I can't really decide between SAO/Btooom!!/K/Robotics/Gintama/etc

For action I would say Btooom!! though with that rocking song.

Gintama is nice nostalgia and I can't say their any of their openings are bad so I think it will just be my own Fanboy opinion.

SAO is also becoming a bit fanboyish. Though I would say it has a good ED, so I would say their ED is best of this season unless I am forgetting something hmm. K has nice art but I think nothing really excels more out of that OP.

Edited by Reap3r

Ive always wondered why Japanese anime is fixated on white and pink hair.

Although i do think white hair is pretty cool. But as to the sephiroth hair idk.

I watched the first 12 episodes of monster at 1am today and now i understand why its so highly regarded.

Would prefer something with a faster pace but that's just me. Definitely a 8 or 9/10.

Can i get a job as Clavus's personal anime suggestion bot?

Edited by Griffon

Although i do think white hair is pretty cool. But as to the sephiroth hair idk.

I watched the first 12 episodes of monster at 1am today and now i understand why its so highly regarded.

Would prefer something with a faster pace but that's just me. Definitely a 8 or 9/10.

He is extremely picky :V

He is extremely picky :V

Currently im 1/0 in my favour as he is currently enjoying psycho-pass XD

That one was already on my list before this topic started. Just had to decide which one I wanted to start watching :P

Just watched Sword Art Online 20. Still entertaining, but the animators couldn't resist to put some bouncing tits in there. *sigh*

That one was already on my list before this topic started. Just had to decide which one I wanted to start watching :P

Just watched Sword Art Online 20. Still entertaining, but the animators couldn't resist to put some bouncing tits in there. *sigh*

Didn't notice that, must be desensitized to it or to busy enjoying the good stuff to notice/care.

Ever seen serial experiments Lain? Its a personal favorite of mine which may take your interest.

Ugh 4chan anime section has a evangelion ED video automatically playing, annoying :(.

freaked me out on the first time though, thought I had a virus lol.

Rewatching baka to test shoukanjuu currently.

Only got halfway through that series.

So question how many animes have you re-watched and how many times.

Personally ive only re watched code-geass and phantom the requiem an extra time.

I mostly rewatch because I forget about 90% of the show.

I have seen Freezing 3x, Code Geass 2x(soon 3x), Baka to test 2x(soon 3x), Star Driver 2x, Air Gear 2x and Tenjo Tenge both 2 times and then went straight for manga to finish it fully. Kenichi the strongest disciple only seen it once and went straight to manga. Death Note 2x(Might see 3x but prolly will take a few years for me to forget)

There are probably more which I have forgetten :(

Can't even remember all the shows I've re-watched. Most recent one was Mobile Suit Gundam: The 08th MS Team.

Watch it if you already haven't. ;)

Planning to re-watch Fate/Zero marathon style when I have the time.

On other news, winter 2012/2013 confirmed for being mostly harem/moe. Disappointing.

Only really looking forward to Rakuen Tsuihou (what can I say, I like Urobuchi).

Other possibly interesting ones are Train Hero and Sasami-san@Ganbaranai since they have an interesting concept.

Savanna Game might be good but it just screams Battle Royale to me. We'll see.

Kuroko's coming back on 02/2013 it seems if that site is correct.

ALSO SAKI! KAWAII~ DESU DESU!

I am telling you guys, once you watch to much anime, you go moe.

Hmm I must say the anime I am really looking forward to every week is Hunter X Hunter, it has a great story and action.

Edited by Reap3r

I was actually waiting for saki to come out as even with ignoring the moe it still has its good bits.

Nekomonogatari and kuze will be one to watch cause anything of the monogatari series is above standard.

I was hoping for kuzemonogatari so i am really hyped about that. Wonder how it will fair as a movie though.

Edit:

YES! YES ! YES! (M.Bison STYLE)

Just saw Index on February's showings. Ive been waiting a while for the 3rd specially after the lack of closure during the 2nd series + more of everyone's favorite rail-gun.Bit disappointed its a film though but im to excited to care.

(seriously why do all animes i like start as a series then turn into a film,its not always bad but it is annoying)

Edited by Griffon

And that's why I can't really see eye to eye with the vast majority of the (vocal) anime fanbase.

Why do i imagine you wearing a top hat,monocle and twirling your curly mustache when saying that(while sitting back in a reclining leather chair).

And that's why I can't really see eye to eye with the vast majority of the (vocal) anime fanbase.

Why do i imagine you wearing a top hat,monocle and twirling your curly mustache when saying that(while sitting back in a reclining leather chair).

That's what I mean. The moment you claim your taste doesn't involve cutesy little girls doing cutesy little things you're suddenly a pretentious minority.