⚠️DATA BREACH ⚠️ ×
Mr. Green Gaming

Let people claim land with one faction member

Kodauer

Hey,

So, a lot of new players have been joining recently. They can't claim land or do anything really because there's no one to team up with, simply due to a lack of players. Why not let them claim land when they only have one person? It'd certainly build up the player base. The current system might have worked when the server had a hundred players, but that's not the case anymore. Yeah, people can use their alternate accounts to claim land and claim it for themselves, but people can get past that easily anyways. It might deface the map with factions, but it'd be better in the long run, imo.

For any admin's information, the last voting page listed on the forums doesn't work for voting. (can't find the server)

The live-map advertised in-game (via announcement) gives the wrong address; it's the old one. 

Thanks. Sorry for making a lot of forum posts. 

-Kod

I really think you need to give this thought... Prospective players leave everyday because they can't do anything- - players when could possibly in the future donate or make up a bigger player base. Perhaps when the new modding api comes out, you could design something where you can only claim limited land if you have less than three people (ex. One land). Idk, the player base is falling apart without anynew additions so something whether it be my idea or not needs to be done. Sorry for any spelling errors, I'm doing this from my phone.

What about allowing factions that have >3 players only claim one area of land, It's semi-frustrating wanting to set up your faction at the start of a new map but cant secure your area or start building until your other faction members come on,.

Yeah, I like that idea. It'd help a lot.

If claiming land takes less faction members, the world will be flooded with small claimed but abandoned pieces of land. I agree it's not ideal, but it's beats the alternative.

That doesn't really matter; if land is abandoned it will soon be unclaimed by autokick if someone is inactive.

Edited by Nonam82

maybe allow you to claim with 2 people, or like was said they could claim with one person but only claim 1 chunk or something similar( perhaps they could be unable to claim other peoples land with below 3 members.) Or just get more people to the server. putting a link to the voting pages and telling people there are rewards in the anouncments broad cast would help, this should work seeming even last night i just put the adress into the chat and told people to vote and a fair group of the people online did.

maybe allow you to claim with 2 people, or like was said they could claim with one person but only claim 1 chunk or something similar( perhaps they could be unable to claim other peoples land with below 3 members.) Or just get more people to the server. putting a link to the voting pages and telling people there are rewards in the anouncments broad cast would help, this should work seeming even last night i just put the adress into the chat and told people to vote and a fair group of the people online did.

This, and why not make the voting rewards greater? Right now, its like a stack of stone = voting on all sites in a day (I think) Maybe people wouldn't donate the little amounts as much, but think of the people it might bring to the server...

If claiming land takes less faction members, the world will be flooded with small claimed but abandoned pieces of land. I agree it's not ideal, but it's beats the alternative.

That doesn't really matter; if land is abandoned it will soon be unclaimed by autokick if someone is inactive.

That takes weeks. I just don't want terrain being claimed by very small groups of people. Factions should be about having large groups of people managing a vast area.

And in the end, it's the job of the players to welcome others. You can make your faction open and set up some player-owned chunks inside your own faction to protect the most valuable stuff. If you want, I could manage a set of advertisement signs near the spawn for factions that are open to new players.

That takes weeks. I just don't want terrain being claimed by very small groups of people. Factions should be about having large groups of people managing a vast area.

And in the end, it's the job of the players to welcome others. You can make your faction open and set up some player-owned chunks inside your own faction to protect the most valuable stuff. If you want, I could manage a set of advertisement signs near the spawn for factions that are open to new players.

Sorry to bring reality but this isn't a happy world where we can do a sing-a-long and everything is just dandy. I agree that players should be more welcoming, but the fact is that people don't want to invite newbs. A lot of potential player base is lost. I don't know how many times I've seen this dialog:

<new player joins game>

new player: why can't I claim land?

Experienced player: you need three ppl

New player: fuck this server

<new player leaves game>

Edited by Nonam82
Hey,

So, a lot of new players have been joining recently. They can't claim land or do anything really because there's no one to team up with, simply due to a lack of players.

ummmmm

You'd be surprised at how many new players log in. They leave after 1-2 minutes though. 

I agree with Red. If none of the current admins want to play that much, then a new one is needed. Even the one applying (that's of any note), Mathijs, isn't on anymore. Look at your common player base, and choose someone, or suggest they apply for admin. 

That would involve you going online buddy.

Edited by kittycool321

^^lol xD

I am sorry but what? You guys clearly don't know your place and are making my view on minecrafters even more bad.

He has multiple servers to manage. He administrates the administrators. If you guys really want to change the server it is better for you guys to change your attitude and become more mature.

^^lol xD

I am sorry but what? You guys clearly don't know your place and are making my view on minecrafters even more bad.

He has multiple servers to manage. He administrates the administrators. If you guys really want to change the server it is better for you guys to change your attitude and become more mature.

Change our attitude? What do you expect us to do? Sit around and let the server rot? We never said Clavus Wasn't busy. I know he has multiple servers to run and several projects of his own to work on. That's why we suggested for him to get another admin. These forum posts don't really do anything anyways. They never change stuff.

Wait wait wait ...

First you kind of insult Clavus who is, pointed out by Reaper, extremely bussy with both his studies (I don't know if you guys know how this work at University but he prolly has Class from 8am till 6-8 pm depends on the day, finishes work around 9-10pm and then wants some entertainement, guess what, he's not gonna pop his laptop open and play mc, I bet he has far more interesting stuff to do like hanging out with friends), administrating loads of different servers and administrating the administrators. Then you claim the server is rotting and that posting stuff on the forums doesn't help ? It does, but how sillier the idea the more lickely you'll get one reply which clearly states imo, no, but he suggested an other option which is pretty cool for factions like hulpje's which is one of the best factions by just being able to control new players. The problem is from the moment Clavus posts his reply and you're not satisfied with it you start to rage ... If you would've said you would like those signs he would've hopped on the next free day with out a doubt. And after all, like you actually care they say 'Welcome to MrGreen' every damn time someone joins, that's just plain annoying and points out the server is being administrated by some 12 year olds

These forum posts don't really do anything anyways. They never change stuff.

True dat.

Why are you guys complaining so much then ? If you haven't noticed yet, the best way to get something done is to ask mods directly or post something wait for a reply from  Clavus and don't call the server a rotting if you don't get what you want.

These forum posts don't really do anything anyways. They never change stuff.

True dat.

Why are you guys complaining so much then ? If you haven't noticed yet, the best way to get something done is to ask mods directly or post something wait for a reply from  Clavus and don't call the server a rotting if you don't get what you want.

If you actually pay attention to my other posts, you'll see Clavus replies to them. The problem is that nothing really changes from forum posts.

Mathijs, are you blind? The server's losing players everyday, and almost nothing is being done about it. I couldn't think of a better word than "rotting."