Mr. Green Gaming

Server Is Dying, So Close To Dead...

bbgun18

* remove high enchants, only add lvl 8 as max enchant * earn 5 dia each day if vote. * add a 2 minutes pvp timer after a 60 relog. * keep high enchant with tools.

Wait, didn't the player base plummet after the map that restricted enchants?
Yes it did beacause couldn't place freaking enchantment tables or brewingstands.

Ok. So your new on the server and finally got your iron armour and supplies. You walk out the spawn and this random guy hits you 2 times with his sharp V and your dead.. And the player burns the armour because he doesnt even needs it.

Whats the fun of that?

Don't yell about my grammer, Im Dutch

Edited by xDerpina
I don't see how you guys enjoy Protection IV fights. I think ultimately that's what put me off Minecraft PvP. All tactics and teamwork went out the window only to be replaced by 10 minutes of left clicking and potion spamming. 

I hate fights like that, it's not even skill anymore. I wish there were only very small enchants. The reason why the enchanting tower map failed was because it was only done halfway, which is NOT a good idea.

I personally loved the enchanting tower map. People had to use legit tactics to win like flint and steeling or lava bucketting to win any fight. It was fun. You could do that again or simply disable the placing of bookshelves. Perhaps disable higher enchants altogether, as you use anvils t combine stuff.

I personally loved the enchanting tower map. People had to use legit tactics to win like flint and steeling or lava bucketting to win any fight. It was fun. You could do that again or simply disable the placing of bookshelves. Perhaps disable higher enchants altogether, as you use anvils t combine stuff.

Right, it was great!  But new players who didn't understand it were put off by the idea and left.  If this is implemented, make sure it is on the Server Message rotation and very clear at spawn.  If enchants could be limited without restricting enchanting tables, this might just work.  

Again, this restriction will also reduce the need for factions to have a mob xp grinder, which will help new players to have a chance on server esp if they don't xray like most big factions...

And yes, prot 4 sharp 5 fights are beyond annoying... not to say they break if not repaired after 2-3 fights as well :/

Sure i miss the old fights, fighting with a flint and steel instead of a godsword but personaly enchants gives me something to work towards. Maybe make sharp 3 max and prot 2 or something but keep tool enchants. if the public end went there would be something else to aim for other than just enchanting. On the other hand look at how many people were on the server even in the middle of the duping epidemic, there was sets of god armor everywhere and people were happy, back then there was public end ect, but no anvils so that people didnt have god-god armor rather than just good armor. and more players made it more even because in my opinion most new players wont be to happy about things missing from the game, and seeming as what we need are players thats a problem. Maybe it would be a good idea to set the server like it was back then but increase voting rewards and really push it to get the player base back up. 

edit: just a thought, maybe more of the newer players would be willing to vote if they did not require a gc account. you could have the reward pay into a gc account if the player had one but if they didnt the voter could recieve  a portion of the reward straight into their inventory.

Edited by jellyfish999111

Right, it was great!  But new players who didn't understand it were put off by the idea and left.  If this is implemented, make sure it is on the Server Message rotation and very clear at spawn.  If enchants could be limited without restricting enchanting tables, this might just work.  

Again, this restriction will also reduce the need for factions to have a mob xp grinder, which will help new players to have a chance on server esp if they don't xray like most big factions...

And yes, prot 4 sharp 5 fights are beyond annoying... not to say they break if not repaired after 2-3 fights as well :/

I agree wholeheartedly. If you don't have a double grinder nowadays, you're basically screwed. Limiting people to lower level enchants solves this.

I also hate p3/p4/op fights. They take like 10 minutes usually ending with someone running when the run out of pots. Also a pain in the butt to repair full p4/ub3 after one big fight. Sharpness 5 swords, from myself using one, are completely over powered. I can 3 hit someone with regular diamond armor easy.

Tl;Dr lower level enchants pl0x

This plugin would need to disable any enchant about 'x' for enchanting combat tools,  combining items with anvils, and enchanting books.  It would take alot of time to create if one does not exist currently.

it would also need to fix this: 

post-8945-0-64708300-1359690044_thumb.pn

Edited by dkdude7
Honestly I really like the mining spawners idea. It makes enchanting easier for everyone. I see why you guys want to take away OP stuff, but it feels so good to hold a sharp V sword in your hand that you worked so hard for.
if you could mine spawners it would just make xrayers, and big facs grinders even more op.

you cant mine spawners bloody hell this will lag the server out like crazy

Edited by Bidzman123

All I'd suggest is the removal of Prot IV.

It's easily explainable in the MoTD, detracts little from the actual minecraft experience and would make combat a little more dynamic. See if players enjoy it/hate it for a map, and then go from there. You still have every other enchantment to work towards, you can still have OP swords, it's just shortening battles and making people rely on teamwork a little more. 

What needs fixing on the dynmap shot?

Edited by awesomeo_5000

It's easily explainable in the MoTD, detracts little from the actual minecraft experience and would make combat a little more dynamic. See if players enjoy it/hate it for a map, and then go from there. You still have every other enchantment to work towards, you can still have OP swords, it's just shortening battles and making people rely on teamwork a little more. 

Why not remove OP swords too?

He's saying that there's noone on the server most of the time; it needs to be fixed.

Oops sorry, I didn't make that clear. There was no one one the server so I took a screen of dynmap to show it.

Well a lot of the time people get uppity about removing stuff. The idea's been suggested before, many many times but there seems to be a big divide in those that want it and don't. And from the perspective of new people joining us it'd be a little hard to explain, and even discouraging for them to see they can't get a lot of enchantments. I think it's important if we were going to do something like this to not do too much at once.

Removal of Prot IV would be pretty transparent - if it's well received then people can share their thoughts on if other things need balancing. I'll make a poll and see if people actually do want to do it. If someone could make a post on minecraft.nl as well it'd help :)

the problem with this "working as a team" is that with the nature of people on the server a large proportion of people on the server will not have people to regularly fight with so the team thing doesnt work.   another propblem with the enchanting tower map was that you needed liek 3 people to get the best enchants not so good when youre relying on faction members who are never on.