Mr. Green Gaming

Built a new PC.

Ivy Bridge i5-3570k

32GB Ram

250GB Samsung 840 SSD

Radeon HD5770 (my old card)

etc.

Still getting some lag in MTA. The fps are maxed and rock solid most of the time but whenever there is a lot of smoke from multiple cars, boats or I'm flying through dense clouds I get a big drop in frames. I'm running every setting at max, I have no energy saving options enabled so the cpu is running at max all the time, can someone tell me which setting I should change to fix this?

• 2 weeks later...
32gb of ram is insane btw i built in 8 gigs in my new pc and don't think that i need to stock up to 16

Nah, 32gb is great, the longer you have the computer running the faster it gets since it keeps the stuff you've been working with in RAM. During my installation of Far Cry 3 I only had 7gb of unallocated RAM left, if I had less than 32gb there would be a lot of shuffeling of data between the SSD and RAM in situations like this.

Remember that in the past people were going: "Whoa!? You have 4gb or ram!? 2gb is more than enough!" :)

32gb of ram is insane btw i built in 8 gigs in my new pc and don't think that i need to stock up to 16

Nah, 32gb is great, the longer you have the computer running the faster it gets since it keeps the stuff you've been working with in RAM. During my installation of Far Cry 3 I only had 7gb of unallocated RAM left, if I had less than 32gb there would be a lot of shuffeling of data between the SSD and RAM in situations like this.

Remember that in the past people were going: "Whoa!? You have 4gb or ram!? 2gb is more than enough!" :)

Jesus, 16 GB is max you should get for a PC.

32-64 is only needed for servers