Mr. Green Gaming

My old GTX 260 broke Down !

So my GPU broke when i launched Battlefield, which means that i need a New one obviously. Since i still have an Old ass Intel Duo Core with 3.2 GHz i decided to get New parts alltogether meaning a New mainboard, CPU , PSU , some New Ram , ans a New GPU . Not too sure how much a SSD would benefit me in relation to it's price.

I am willing to Pay around 1000€ for everything so if you guys have any Good Part suggestions please so Not hesitate to Tell me :gmod:

Gonna Take a Look at the GPU First, Since i am Kind of an NVIDIA fanboy i am Looking at either a 670 or a 680 . A Titan would Blow my Budget by itself sadly xD (

Frigging typing on iPad with frigging Auto correct so this may Look Strange .

Edited by xeim

Oh Sorry do Not have a site i want to order the parts from since i am just comparing the price Off different Sites :)

I dropped my thoughts about the GPU for now to decide on the Other Parts first :) for now i think an i7 2700k would be Good since it. Is sandy bridge and Not ivy .

Currently struggling with deciding on a mainboard <.< cba to Pay more than 150 for it

What so you think of this One ? http://www.amazon.de/Asrock-Z68-Sockel-Mainboard-Speicher/dp/B0050DQT6G

Or this One http://www.amazon.de/GigaByte-GA-Z68XP-UD4-Mainboard-Sockel-Speicher/dp/B0055054J2

Also Thanks for the Info on the SSD

Edited by xeim

I would go for an ssd with that budget. €1000 buys you a really good set. I wouldnt spend to much on the cpu, most games are gpu intensive so if you want to go with nvidia take the gtx 670. You wont need more than a 500w psu. But i think you want to oc otherwise the Z68 chipset is kinda useless, motherboards with h67 are a lot cheaper and can still have nice features.

Edited by Damien
I would go for an ssd with that budget. €1000 buys you a really good set. I wouldnt spend to much on the cpu, most games are gpu intensive so if you want to go with nvidia take the gtx 670. You wont need more than a 500w psu. But i think you want to oc otherwise the Z68 chipset is kinda useless, motherboards with h67 are a lot cheaper and can still have nice features.

I completly disagree with Damien on this one, as a gamer I like to run a lot of stuff at the same time which needs a decent cpu.

+ there are games out there that NEED a cpu and a pretty good one. Besides faster loading files and a quicked boot time you're nothing with a SSD.

I still not regret spending 500 on a cpu and NOT buying a SSD

Regarding my case, do you think this one will be too small for any motherboard and fan constellation i would get ? No water cooling or anything fancy, i just get confused with the dimensions all the time :) if you can tell by just seeing its size and know how big a normal cpu cooler is, i can't really tell :/ http://www.caseking.de/shop/catalog/Gehaeuse/APlus/Aplus-CS-Monolize-Twin-Fan::6912.html

Also i will propably stay with the 2700k cpu since it should be enough for a while.

Okay lazyness > money so i raised my budget to 1550€ to build one online, sell my old stuff that still works ^^

current setup : cpu : i7 2700k

Motherboard : msi z77 mpower because it looks nice and can build in my soundcard not too close to my gpu

Gpu : gtx 680 evga

Psu : bequiet dark power pro 10 550 w

Ssd : adata 128 gb ssd premier pro Sp900

Dvd drive : Lg bh10ls

Cpu fan ; Alpenfoehn brocken

Case : Ms-tech x3 crow

Ram : 8 gig ddr1600 corsair dim

I'd go with either a Crucial m4 or Samsung SSD, personally. They're pretty cheap nowadays so you might consider grabbing a 256GB version.

As for the CPU, just get an i5 3570K / i5 2500K or something. Plenty of power for games (they perform pretty much equal to their i7 counterparts) and cheaper than an i7 2700K.

bf3-fps.gif

CPU performance hardly differs in the top range.