Mr. Green Gaming

Live Zombie Survival development tracking (changelog)

Ywa

may be would better if berserk will have some % lifesteal and goes higer when lvl is up? 

may be to do unlimited ammo?

may be would be better if in start or round weapons will randomly trowed in map, without and supplies?

i just think about it, may be you like it?

• - Updated weapon selection hud.
  • - Weapon selection hud is now siginificantly more multi resolution friendly.
  • - Updated crosshair.
  • - Mobile supplies is easier to place.
  • - Mobile supplies and ammo box can now give 1 grenade back.
  • - Flare gun does 100 damage.
  • - Several other minor changes.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/619597245251987896/95D8ADD3349486051F8257E5FBF841E158FCDDBE/

My priority todo list for this weekend coming up:

• F1 Menu
    • Multi resolution friendly.
    • Update tabs.
  • Voting Screen
    • More maps to choose from.
    • Voting power based on SP gained.
    • "SP Gained" panel.
    • "XP Gained" panel.
    • Remove "Assists" and "Healing" panels.
  • Errors
    • Failed to load sound "wraithdeath4.wav", file probably missing from disk/repository
    • Failed to load sound "wraithdeath3.wav", file probably missing from disk/repository
    • Failed to load sound "npc\stalker\stalker_alert13.wav", file probably missing from disk/repository
    • Failed to load sound "npc\stalker\stalker_alert12.wav", file probably missing from disk/repository
  • Weapon Selection
    • Add black outline.
  • Check amount of ammo given from ammo boxes is correct.
  • Ethereal
    • Reduce health to 100.
    • Reduce speed to 180.
  • Human Hud
    • Optimise.
  • Salvage System
    • Switch back to throwing while looking at mobile supplies?
  • Weapons
    • Increase speed of zoom for FOV.

If I finish it all and still feel like coding then I will work on other stuff as well.

Edited by Pufulet

I think your efforts are wasted going into making the HUD look 'prettier' on different displays. The game is broken, unbalanced and it feels like it's missing that special something that sets it apart from the rest.

Making a HUD (that currently works on nearly all resolutions! I tried!) work for others is just wasted time.

The game is unbalanced, ​this should be THE priority right now. Zombies are randomly dropping shotguns 5 minutes into the game, especially with the low amount of players on the server (which really is a low amount), surely you should be interested in making a more fair, balanced and appealing game, rather than one that appeals to you as a sole developer.​

Animations are also buggy, not just in first person, but also player models. Zombie's player models will 'flake out' every so often while walking, making it hard to headshot. Although not game breaking, it's of more importance than making the HUD look nicer for a different resolution.

Sounds should also be a low priority, as I said, game balance and fixing animations should be up there.

The random salvage system has to go I'm afraid, unless it has a serious overhaul in what we expect from it. I got an AK47 after my 2nd or 3rd kill, which was only 3-4 minutes into the game.

Players levelling up as humans should also level up as zombies (when played as their respective class). For the sake of balance, it shouldn't be too helpful, but it should still be fun and rewarding (in a sense) to play as a zombie. So far people just quit or AFK as zombie. This has always been a ZS issue so not pegging anything on you here, but it should be something to think about Mr 'we only think forward'.​

I'm not knocking you as a developer (maybe), but your argument of 'nobody has told me what to do' is poor. You should ask the community what they want and work from that. This isn't 'your' game mode, and no it isn't mine either. But as a community it should be ours. I think the game mode has seriously deteriorated and I'm not very sure it can be brought back unless started again and moulded through community effort.

Edited by Lex

The hud works because I have been fixing it. Nobody other than 1080p could properly play the mod.

Regarding balance, I don't think you understand the gameplay changes properly (SP for weapon drops / random loot from kills / salvaging) and it's my own fault for not communicating them to the players, this is what I am to do for the next weekend updates.

Most veterans will trash the mod that I have created and don't tell me how to improve it. My post above is an example of me now communicating to the players what my changes will be.

Edited by Pufulet
  • Greens

-My hud was perfect and worked on all resolutions (Ywa checked my code before it was added) There was no reason to remove it in the first place apart from the fact you wanted to add your own touch to every fucking thing in the gamemode.

A: You aren't creative and just make a pigs ear of things. I took Advice from Ben who is a Uni graphics design student.

B: Why are you working on stuff you know no one likes and just make it look even more retarded and that Rob will just change anyway.

C: You post an update people go on to see relize its still shit and leave.

D: You are so blind to the fact you have single handily killed what I created (Which I might add, brought a lot of old regs back.)

#Wasn'tPerfectByALongShotButPeopleLikedIt

E: Kill yourself scrublord  

F: If you can't even listen to Lex properly and read what is there and not whats going on in your silly head, then you might actually go somewhere.

I was trying to be constructive (mostly), but then I realised that I never had 1080p and it worked fine for me, so I think you've just broken or changed things you didn't need to touch.

If you're not willing to listen to some feedback and admit you're in the wrong then I suggest you stop wasting your time and 'effort' on this game mode, because you've killed it.

Also, yes it may be subjective, but why have you wasted not only your time, but the communities time by changing something subjective because it's what you prefer when there are genuine bugs and balance issues? Your 'development' is a joke thus far.

Edited by Lex

This is the only post that I value as proper feedback in the last couple of weeks.

Hud Scaling issues (mainly people on low res, have issues selecting some perks for their loadout, try 1280x720).

Spectate Team (yes, I want to spectate).

Allow the cvar "crosshair 0/1" to alter the zs crosshair, because damn, I couldn't remove it in demo files, the command that should work, just doesn't.

Longest standing issue that irritates me with demos, the auto-reconnect script ruins it for me. - 

Ye, ye? http://wiki.garrysmod.com/page/engine/IsPlayingDemo

Being ignited is the most irritating thing I go through as a zombie, because it really blocks part of the zombie's 3rd person view (add some transparency to the flame).

If I load in 1st, I can just go into a trigger_hurt, and have human players dynamically spawn on me. (such a troll, and you let me do it lmao)

Zombies need enough ground space, when dynamically spawning on others. (another troll mechanic, I'll face the edge of a map...)

If I get killed by trigger_hurt or by worldspawn, I can spawn as a zombie before the wave starts.

Minor issue, I noticed the depthres shadow disappears when you pick up props (flashlight on the prop, pick it up, drop it and look at it with the flashlight).

Five Seven (Commando) starts with 15/45 when you spawn with it, press Reload and it'll go to 17/43, you can even attempt to reload a full Five Seven, it automatically stops it's reload (bit silly).

Download issue:

HTTP ERROR 8 downloading http://greencdn.limetric.com/zombiesurvival/materials/zombiesurvival/humanclass/avatar_berserker.vtf.bz2
HTTP ERROR 8 downloading http://greencdn.limetric.com/zombiesurvival/materials/zombiesurvival/humanclass/avatar_berserker.vtf
HTTP ERROR 8 downloading http://greencdn.limetric.com/zombiesurvival/materials/zombiesurvival/humanclass/avatar_berserker.vmt.bz2
HTTP ERROR 8 downloading http://greencdn.limetric.com/zombiesurvival/materials/zombiesurvival/humanclass/avatar_berserker.vmt
HTTP ERROR 8 downloading http://greencdn.limetric.com/zombiesurvival/materials/zombiesurvival/humanclass/avatar_sharpshooter.vtf.bz2
HTTP ERROR 8 downloading http://greencdn.limetric.com/zombiesurvival/materials/zombiesurvival/humanclass/avatar_sharpshooter.vtf
HTTP ERROR 8 downloading http://greencdn.limetric.com/zombiesurvival/materials/zombiesurvival/humanclass/avatar_sharpshooter.vmt.bz2
HTTP ERROR 8 downloading http://greencdn.limetric.com/zombiesurvival/materials/zombiesurvival/humanclass/avatar_sharpshooter.vmt

Various melee weapons show their true viewmodel in addition to the actual weapon model, aka Shovel shows the crowbar, Pipe shows stunstick.

You can also force the real viewmodel to show up with the plank, by picking up a prop, and then cycling weapons, this also hides any props added to weapons via sck modification.

The Last Human who is killed, is able to still move at the end.

There are more issues, I will report, and I'm gonna add more spam to this post later,

I don't think I'll have any "gameplay" suggestions due to being so out of touch with mrgreenzs for such a long time.

Maybe if you structure your feedback like this instead of telling me to condemn my weapon system and saying the game is purely unbalanced then I might listen.

You're making me believe you have no idea about what I have done so far for this mod, bad or good.

I gave some feedback earlier in this post, but you chose to ignore it and try and defend why you're breaking the HUD further.

Also, the peashooter gun model is broken on my resolution. 1280 x 720. The FoV is too far away. I told you that in-game and you ignored that too. I suppose you couldn't see it over admiring your HUD too much.

Loads of people have complained about how shit it the gamemode has become (no disrespect to previous devs, your work was no doubt stellar). You were never good at taking criticism and suggestions when you used to make maps either, so it's a wasted effort trying to go further with this.

I'd suggest you hand in the towel and stop being the dev though. It's the only chance we have at the moment to redeem (pardon the pun) ZS. We need a dev who listens to the community and knows what's in the communities best interest, not what's in their own.

Edited by Lex

Ok, like I said yesterday, not trying to be difficult, I play GMod with an Xbox controller, I can't print screen in-game. Has to be a phone video. Also sorry for the background noise, girlfriend was watching hollyoaks.

I did however film it the wrong orientation. My bad.

We can't get a good dev who will listen to the people if Ywa won't trust anyone to work on the gamemode outside of Mr. Green (and the last person who stole pieces of the gamemode was partly in this community...)

Necrossin made a perfectly working, fun gamemode.  When he stepped down there was no glaringly painful drawbacks other than some minor missing features due to outdated code (keep in mind the gamemode is heavily modded ZS2.01 and tidbits of even older gamemode if I remember correctly, it's virtual duct tape and the next major code changing update will probably be the final nail in this piece of shits coffin).

Ywa could and would be a capable coder, but he has a busy life (Remember when it took 2 weeks to fix a small but horrible flashlight bug on zombies...)

Rob (at the time) was an okay coder, but the overwhelming work needed to keep the gamemode afloat and the stress that came with keeping up with demands was too much at the time

Duby was (and as far as I'm concerned still is) a sub-par coder.  He listened to the community for the most part and I'll give him that, but he was not fit for the job.  Now all he does is yell at Pufulet at the forums about how his gamemode was superior (they're literally all the same gamemode Duby, code was shuffled around a bit but ever since Necrossin it's been the same gamemode for almost 4 years now with some different revamps and additions piled onto it) and how ZS is shit and deserves to die. 

Pufulet is not the best coder and far from it, he's even admitted it before and everyone knows it.  And most of his additions have been his own ideas and not any of the communities, and I don't blame him because nobody gives him anything to work on.  (He's at least trying to push out a somewhat steady update schedule and spice up the game a bit, even if a good portion of the additions are garbage).  I'm guilty of not giving a proper input on how to "fix the gamemode" myself, mainly because ZS is empty so there's no good way to give input when I can't see how the gamemode preforms.  

Rob as of currently is a good coder, and he'd probably be the only hope for ZS to have any chance of surviving.  But simply put Rob is just unable to get the job done at this moment in time.  ZS is a big job, and Mr. Green ZS is a HUGE job.  Rob simply can't sacrifice the time to do it right now, and any major updates from him in the future will probably be good but very slow.

Simply put, ZS is broken.  ZS will be broken unless the current code is entirely overhauled (and I don't mean just change the fucking HUD and optimize the gamemode a bit, I mean literally delete the entire gamemode and work from the ground up).  Right now the only person in the community that could do that is Rob, and he has a life to worry about (whatever that is).  The current gamemode is physically impossible to fix.  Honestly, don't waste your breath trying to dispute that because no matter what changes occur the gamemode just gets more bloated, slower, and seems more and more like a pile of shit no matter how big the change is and everyone knows it.

The only thing that would happen if Pufulet stepped down is no changes at all, good or bad.  Remember every time a developer stepped down the gamemode was all dead air and maybe a rare monthly bugfix or code optimization from Ywa if the community screams about it for long enough (again, no offense.  People have lives I get that).

-My hud was perfect and worked on all resolutions (Ywa checked my code before it was added) There was no reason to remove it in the first place apart from the fact you wanted to add your own touch to every fucking thing in the gamemode.

A: You aren't creative and just make a pigs ear of things. I took Advice from Ben who is a Uni graphics design student.

B: Why are you working on stuff you know no one likes and just make it look even more retarded and that Rob will just change anyway.

C: You post an update people go on to see relize its still shit and leave.

D: You are so blind to the fact you have single handily killed what I created (Which I might add, brought a lot of old regs back.)

E: Kill yourself scrublord  

F: If you can't even listen to Lex properly and read what is there and not whats going on in your silly head, then you might actually go somewhere.

-Your hud was shit, bulky, and took up 20% of the entire screen.  Don't flatter yourself 

-What the fuck does that have to do with anything, That's like me saying Pufulet should take advice from me because I'm studying economics.

-how is it his fault that people leave cuz his updates are shit, nobody's giving him good ideas for updates and he's gotta try to breathe some life into the gamemode.

-you didn't "create" anything.  All of your work not assisted by Ywa was copy/paste shit.  I mean it was additions and updates that the community liked somewhat yeah but it wasn't creative or original in the slightest and don't ever try to claim it was.

-????????

- Literally from Pufulet a few comments back: 

it's my own fault for not communicating them to the players, this is what I am to do for the next weekend updates.

Most veterans will trash the mod that I have created and don't tell me how to improve it. My post above is an example of me now communicating to the players what my changes will be.

nice constructive criticism though Duby, not like you're part of the problem or anything. 

Keep in mind I want a better coder more than anything for Mr. Green, and I don't agree with most of Pufulets updates.  But doing nothing but piss and moan and whining about "muh gamemode", "muh regs" in response to every fucking comment that Pufulet makes isn't helping in the slightest, give suggestions or shut up.  You're not coding anymore, stop talking about your "gamemode" because it's dead and buried. 

Edited by Braindawg