⚠️DATA BREACH ⚠️ ×
Mr. Green Gaming

Live Zombie Survival development tracking (changelog)

Ywa

Guest AleksCore

Delete zs_surfacing please. Zombies can't get out from own spawn. They simply can't surface. Only normal zombie class can.

Edited by AleksCore
Guest AleksCore

And perks reset every map, at least for support class I should re-select it every round.

And medics lose ammo too fast, because first, second and med kit ammo its all the same ammo, which spent too fast.

Edited by AleksCore

And perks reset every map, at least for support class I should re-select it every round.

And medics lose ammo too fast, because first, second and med kit ammo its all the same ammo, which spent too fast.

Why would you want the inconvenienceof selecting them every game?

Medics generally have more ammo including the new perk.

Removed zs_surfacing.

Guest AleksCore

No, sorry, you got it wrong. My english sucks :D It wasn't a suggestion. I mean there is bug with perks. Sometimes all my support perks are deselected. Happened only for support class

My english is shitty and I don't really want to improve my skills. It's hard to describe things for me. Sometimes I'm just lazy to report bugs.

About medic: I think it's silly that medic lose med kit ammo when he shoot using rifle or pistol. And if I shoot with pistol - I lose ammo for rifle  :wacko:

Edited by AleksCore

Hey its kinda buggy when you carry an item you collide with it (when moving forward). maybe you can make it no collide to you but to leave it colliding with the others.

With the new medic perks you can rapidly heal others with +1 health. Every time you heal him a medkit sound is played. It's nice when healing without the perk, but when its faster with the perk enabled its annoying - You hear it every half second. You can make it to play another less annoying sound when this perk is enabled.

Howlers aren't very useful, I think. Their only ability is to scream in small radius the players are desoriented. Increasing it will be good.

Uhmm... "Create a new endgame screen." This one is really original, I think you'd better keep it as it is now.

Well that's all.

The current endgame screen is from the old game mode and half of the information and details listed don't pertain to anything currently. most of the hints are outdated (eat flesh to heal, most assists, etc.)

Definitely needs revision in the future after the big gameplay balancing stuff is changed imo

• Added Necrossin's endgame screen and is currently set to allow 5 maps to vote for. This may receive further changes.
  • Diverse Ammo
    • Ammo drops are no longer a generic SMG box that give ammo to the current weapon.
    • An undead, map placed or ammo pack will randomly (this may be altered to suite that human attacker) drop an ammo of any type
    • The ammo types are:
      • Pistol box (pistol)
      • SMG box (smg)
      • AR2 clip (assault rifle)
      • AR2 Combine Ball (pyro)
      • Shotgun shells (buckshot)
      • Health vial (medical)
      • Mini hl2 ammo crate (currently for grenades/c4 if in equipped but will be changed to give ammo to everything).
    • Ammo pack can pickup any of these and throw it down again for something else.
    • Mobile supplies still gives the equipped tool/weapon ammunition.
  • Added "Energiser" tier 3 Engineer weapon. Essentially the pulse rifle but slower and deals significantly more damage.

Priority Todo List:

[High Priority]

• Fix some text not scaling on the new loadout screen.
  • Fix a frequent issue where the loadout screen would consume fps.

[Medium Priority]

• Add a long term leveling system (prestige or some other bonuses and perks).

[Low Priority]

• Add Boomstick
  • Add health vial entity
    • Replace all health vials with a vial that stores medical ammo.
  • Do something with batteries.
  • MOUSE2 to throw stuff at zombies while holding them.
  • RELOAD to unnail props while holding the hammer.
  • Add further leveling of some sorts (prestige).
  • Update game time mechanics:
    • Disable redemption after warm up time + 12 minutes (add message "all chances at redemption are over)"
Edited by Pufulet

Priority Todo List:

[High Priority]

• Fix some text not scaling on the new loadout screen.
  • Fix a frequent issue where the loadout screen would consume fps.

[Medium Priority]

• Upgrade leveling system
    • Add a prestige button to loadout screen (where we display what level and class you are) to set level to 0 when max level.
    • Separate each class to use it's own levels (might need to work with Ywa on this).
    • Add a command to transfer old levels to current class as xp (10,000 per old level).
    • Scale down XP requirements with new levels.

[Low Priority]

• Add Boomstick (need a cool model from Braindawg).
  • Do something with batteries.
  • MOUSE2 to throw stuff at zombies while holding them.
  • RELOAD to unnail props while holding the hammer.
  • Check if Commando can still see zombie health.
  • Fix railgun not passing through fellow humans.
  • Make all pulse weapons use the same base.
  • Move !commands to /commands.
  • Update game time mechanics:
    • Disable redemption after warm up time + 12 minutes (add message "all chances of redemption are over)"
  • Make all notifications use the standard message (hazard/bio symbol icon and some text, refer to weapon pickup).
  • Update barricading system
    • Damage done to be spread randomly amongst nails.
    • Fix being able to place multiple nails in the same spot.
    • Repair the nail that you're targetting?
Edited by Pufulet

Endscreen now is:

- empty

- doesnt show useful information

- doesnt have any background, just a text with stats and the votemap section.

Some people say its bugged and it isnt meant to look like this. Now it looks worse than before. Restoring the old one or repairing the current should be done.

Edited by NvC_DmN_CH
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Guys,

I've been having discussions on the current mod and its future and have came to the conclusion that moving to the new base is the right thing to do now.

The current mod has allowed me to experiment with gameplay and what I deem a green zombie survival. This knowledge and experience will be used for a new base but keeping what has always made this server unique.

Some initial points that would change from the new base:

• Remove arsenal and resupply crate.
  • Disable bosses.
  • At wave end a headcrab canister or something will come crashing down (depending on surface or underground map) for supplies. This will be very similar to the old supply crates.
  • Undead dropping ammo.
  • Dynamic zombie spawns everywhere (similar to killing floor).
  • Human classes, each with their own leveling and xp. (similar system to what the mod currently has, it will be revised)

Let me know what your thoughts are on all the above.

Edited by Pufulet
  • 2 weeks later...

Created a flare gun using Braindawg's model. Player must be looking upwards and at the skybox to fire. Shoots a bright flare really high into the air that gradually falls down. When the flare begins going down a headcrab canister is launched at that position.

An important mechanic that I have added to 3.0.

The canister will destroy anything that is about 64 units (25% more than the player width) away from it. Using the canister will cause it to open up and ammo and weapons (number and type will depend on wave) will fall out of it. This will all be up for grabs.

Anyone can then use it to gain a suitable weapon from it once it has been opened. Just hit USE again.

I will need to upload a video clip because I was impressed by the whole visuals.

D5E0BFA450BB23E46D12809826FB5120C56BDA9A

C1EE923DF8158E2444381D21C654718238B4091B

• Greens

Looks interesting enough, I don't see it fitting in with normal survival mode though.

BUT, we could make a Salvage Sub Gamemode like I've done with Arena mode. Instead of Supply crates.

Some sort of Support weapon can be created like this for players to scavenge for weapons and ammo. We could make maps for it which are open to make it have more of a purpose. Maybe even create a new zombie class for this. 

Just some food for thought.  

• 1 year later...

For any of you who still care, I released an update of the following changes:

• Various undead classes are more resilient.
  • Updated how speed/falling is handled. Overall should feel better. This covers damage and how fast you can run.
  • Updated several weapons.
  • Updated several class perks.
  • Fixed the bug where c4 could get secondary ammo.
  • Ammo pack now throws 1 unified ammo type that grants ammo to the player's current held weapon.
  • Double HP should be applied properly to the first zombies now.
  • Scaled SP requirements for new tiers to be harder to obtain.
  • All pistols are more effective to balance the change above.

Hefty Update:

• Rebuilt human and zombie HUD.
  • Rebuilt weapon selection system, try to carry as much as you want.
  • Added a weight system.
  • Rebalanced ALL weapons.
  • New accuracy system in place.
  • Several bug fixes.
  • Minor performance increase and improved efficiency of mod.
  • Updated proximity mines.
  • All humans now start with fists.

Any bugs or comments on the new changes please let me know.

Edited by Pufulet
  • test1 unpinned and locked this topic