Mr. Green Gaming

Live Zombie Survival development tracking (changelog)

Ywa

• Greens

Funny when I left zs we had a stable player cont again, people liked the gamemode I made, Pugh was just a pencil pusher who copy and pasted 3.0 code.

We had loads of old fags come back and play and Pufu just ruined it for everyone and that is the truth. You want the facts and not fiction look on my YouTube channel. Solid evidence of my versions of zs and the player counts.

Said my peace.

Guest AleksCore

Funny when I left zs we had a stable player cont again, people liked the gamemode I made, Pugh was just a pencil pusher who copy and pasted 3.0 code.

We had loads of old fags come back and play and Pufu just ruined it for everyone and that is the truth. You want the facts and not fiction look on my YouTube channel. Solid evidence of my versions of zs and the player counts.

Said my peace.

This. Even some very old players still coming to our server after watching videos by Duby, but all they see is broken ZS without players and if some players join - they won't play this.

I remember when new players joined the server (Duby Edition) they was like "WOW, nice server, I want to play here". Now it's all gone.

Edited by AleksCore

We can't get a good dev who will listen to the people if Ywa won't trust anyone to work on the gamemode outside of Mr. Green (and the last person who stole pieces of the gamemode was partly in this community...)

Is this even serious? I'm always willing to let people work on it, even from outside of the community. However, there were some people who were saying they were willing to code, but were more interested in stealing the stuff.

Just because I don't say 'YES PLEASE WORK FOR US' to everyone, doesn't mean I don't trust anyone. Hell, Pufulet and Rob have access. That sure does mean I do trust people.

However, it is my fault that there were/are no proper devs working on this gamemode. Rob and Pufulet are fine, but they're no professional coders or high-skilled (which is fine, I'm still happy they're on board). I never did a proper search for a high-skilled coder once NECROSSIN left. Unfortunately, I don't have enough time on my hands to properly run this community. However, I do still have bigger plans for Mr. Green. Maybe I'll put time into reviving ZS at that time.

For now, maybe we should think about upgrading to ZS3.0 and work from there. *

* Yes. I finally said it.

Upgrading to ZS3.0 and working from there I think would be our best bet at the moment. I expect the current codebase has loads of different people's work in it and would be easier to start 'from scratch'. It also gives the community to voice what they want the gamemode to eventually become and where it should head for the mean time.

• Greens

If the 3.0 update were to happen I would be keen to work on ZS again and start afresh per say. 

But if I was to there would obviously have to be some staff changes, rules and regulations about updates. 

After working for a software company for 3 months I can see how stupid and retarded and unprofessional this setup is. 

I think you coders could work together, there just needs to be an agreed direction everyone wants to take the game into.

You can work on separate parts of the gamemode, it could potentially make updates faster. You just need to be able to work together. If you can't, then maybe a 'staff' change would have to happen.

I'm not sure on how this is set up as I haven't seen the code. But surely it just needs it's own repository on git or something (or bitbucket if you want a free private one) so you have version control and different development branches and your own server to test on so the production server isn't down a lot (like it is when I see Pufulet testing out new code).
  • Greens

I think you coders could work together, there just needs to be an agreed direction everyone wants to take the game into.

You can work on separate parts of the gamemode, it could potentially make updates faster. You just need to be able to work together. If you can't, then maybe a 'staff' change would have to happen.

I'm not sure on how this is set up as I haven't seen the code. But surely it just needs it's own repository on git or something (or bitbucket if you want a free private one) so you have version control and different development branches and your own server to test on so the production server isn't down a lot (like it is when I see Pufulet testing out new code).

Yes I agree its how I work now a days, a SVN was used. I think a link to a git and then a link to the test server. 

In which after a lot of testing will be put to the live server.

I gave my advice and you chose ignore it,I wont do it again since you are too delusional to see anything from any other point of view than your own pufu, I really wonder how you got ywa to give you these rights, it was the final nail in the coffin

I'm totally honest I don't know where this advice is, show me.

I would be partially happy moving to 3.0 on another server and temporarily keeping the legacy one alive during that development.

For my full view and opinion please wait until tonight when I come home.

adding ZS3.0 and working off of that is a bad idea. ZS3.0 is a HUGE gamemode, the biggest and most heavily coded in Garry's Mod*.  Rob said himself it'd be best to start from scratch and add new/ZS3.0 elements as the gamemode progresses.  

No matter what happens, ZS desperately needs an overhaul.  The code is outdated, buggy, hard to work with, and is very limited with what you can do.  And I'm glad Ywa addressed this issue as well.

Pufulet = Won't listen, egotistical. Rather create his own version of zs for his liking. Player base = 0 (no one players pufuzs)

Duby = Did a decent job, wasn't the best coder but listened to the community, keeping the player base stable.

Rob = Capable of doing a good job, but doesn't have enough time. (His own zs he made is proof of this)

Necro = Did a great job, not sure what happened at this point in Mr.Green and why he stepped down (Busy playing kzs xD)

The server will not progress if Pufu is still pushing out shitty useless downdates.

Just look at the past few months? What has actually been done? PufuZS is still bathing in shit.

It seems there is no sense of direction.

Having Pufu appear on odd weekends to push out stupid ideas that took him 0.33 secs to think of won't cut it either.

The only way to fix this shit excuse of a gamemode is so have a big discussion thread or a vote of what actually needs doing

by the community. 

I'm not sure what type of pleasure Pufu gets out of ruining shit for people but it needs to stop.

http://images.akamai...F841E158FCDDBE/  what the f*** is this? 

Out of all the important fixes you could of used your time on, you spent it on this lol.

No one gives a f*** about the fancy unicorn colors on the hud

Why is dmg displayed near the gun? More Hud cluttering.

To be honest there is not much hope for Mr green zs anymore, pufuzs taken over.

I'm going to wish you the best Pufulet and I actually hope you prove me wrong! I'd genuinely love for you to shove this all in my face at the end of it!

You are currently the only one trying, whether I think it's worth coding or not is irrelevant, i'm not the one coding! Good luck!​

I have said it many times in the past that we should start over based on ZS 3.0. It still is our best bet. We can add the mr.green zs flavour on top of that gamemode and have a feature complete gamemode. The ZS community has changed quite alot over time and having the same base as other ZS might give us at least a grab at the pie. From then on we can try to grab our own distinct players due to the way we want ZS to be.

I have said it many times in the past that we should start over based on ZS 3.0. It still is our best bet. We can add the mr.green zs flavour on top of that gamemode and have a feature complete gamemode. The ZS community has changed quite alot over time and having the same base as other ZS might give us at least a grab at the pie. From then on we can try to grab our own distinct players due to the way we want ZS to be.

good Idea, although 3.0 is a pretty big gamemode

• Greens

I am capable of porting over items from the current mod into 3.0 and getting us a piece of the ZS cake. 

I as well as you guys knows what makes Mr.Green special. I can get that feeling of gameplay quite easily I believe. But obviously there needs to be a chat with Ywa about what he wants to do about all of this.