Mr. Green Gaming

Stop it, Slender!

Before you read: yes, it is really silly idea :V

Backstory:

Few days ago i tried the existing gamemode on gmod called "Slender". Needless to say I was kinda dissapointed. Slender was emitting duck sounds and overall gamemode was not that scary.

What the hell am I doing:

Scary version of slender :o

Features:

• Versus mode (TODO)
  • Random scary shit (TODO)
  • Sexy camera (DONE)
  • Overall better atmosphere (TODO)
  • Batteries pickup that restore your "health" (TODO)
  • Flashlight with 2 modes: low range - wide light cone, bigger range - tiny light cone (also can be used to scare off [ohgod]). (DONE)

Random shit I've done so far:

Second flashlight mode:

2013-05-28_00001_5f6c.jpg

Camera zoom:

2013-05-28_00002_ea9c.jpg

No explanation needed:

2013-05-28_00005_ad6f.jpg

Note that Im going it just for fun and to test my abilities in creating scary stuff.

Edited by NECROSSIN

How is this scary since I already know whom I'm going to "meet"? I thought Amnesia was scary because: 

• You had only one lamp with limited oil (although more findable oil)
  • Mechanics of darkness (audio and visual cues when standing in the darkness too much)
  • Unknown enemies along with visual and audio cues when getting closer (includes the living flesh, devouring everything in its path)
  • The restricted environment, giving you the feeling that there is no escape (especially the dungeons, oh god)
  • The loading screen (the initially non-sensic text, the baby-like picture and the music)
  • Being alone
Edited by Deluvas

How is this scary since I already know whom I'm going to "meet"? I thought Amnesia was scary because: 

• You had only one lamp with limited oil (although more findable oil)
  • Mechanics of darkness (audio and visual cues when standing in the darkness too much)
  • Unknown enemies along with visual and audio cues when getting closer (includes the living flesh, devouring everything in its path)
  • The restricted environment, giving you the feeling that there is no escape (especially the dungeons, oh god)
  • The loading screen (the initially non-sensic text, the baby-like picture and the music)
  • Being alone

amnesia. 

That's what he said?

I posted this in comments already but w/e:

Make this:
20 player slots, but only 2 of those players will play.
1st is slenderman and 2nd is the one who finds pages.
1) The more pages this guy finds, the faster the slender player can move and more cooldown he has on teleporting closer tho the other player.

2) If slender is seen, he can't move unless he's very close to the player.

3) If slender/player wins the game, the 2 other random players will be selected for playing.

4) Whenever Slender isn't seen he can travel wherever he wants, but it has to be strictly forward to the player. If he isn't seen for too long, the slender will be replaced by any other random spectator to play as Slender.

About max players I thought about 6-8-12.

Keep in mind that players cant see other's flashlights so it's harder to find other players.

Also lemme explain how slender attack/movement works if you are playing as one:

• When you move, even if there are players nearby - you are invisible.
  • When you don't move - you appear. However you cant just appear in front of any player.
  • When you are visible and someone is watching you - you cant move or turn, however whoever is watching you will take damage.
  • And yes, assuming noone sees you - you can pop up behind player.
Edited by NECROSSIN

About max players I thought about 6-8-12.

Keep in mind that players cant see other's flashlights so it's harder to find other players.

Also lemme explain how slender attack/movement works if you are playing as one:

• When you move, even if there are players nearby - you are invisible.
  • When you don't move - you appear. However you cant just appear in front of any player.
  • When you are visible and someone is watching you - you cant move or turn, however whoever is watching you will take damage.
  • And yes, assuming noone sees you - you can pop up behind player.

In this case make it so players take damage if they look at slender for too long + depending on the distance.

Edited by Mr. Darkness

Here is small vid i recorded yesterday:

Also got a better idea for slender controls:

• Invisibility can be togglable.
  • You can walk when visible only when noone sees you.
  • If someone sees you when you are walking - you will be frozen as usual.
  • Standing still in invisibility mode still makes you visible.

Make it other way.

-Keep the invisibility, but it can be activated once and will be de-activated either in 20 secs or manually and will have a 10 sec cooldown before reactivation.

-You can become visible behind a human. If you get very close to him - he dies. The speed will vary depending on how many pages were collected.

-When 6 pages are successfully collected slender turns permamently visible (if while following his target) or either go invisible to pop up in front of a human while that would be impossible before 6 pages.

-While in invisibility you can't pop up 1 inch close to your target to kill it. You need to be on a certain distance away.

Also, add piano jumpscare thing when Slender is seen for both to hear, so slender knows he is seen and human knows that... he shitbricks.

Another one: When human is caught (aka dies) his view will be focused on slender's head with the 1st slender version sound (as you did it in ZS when you are killed as zombie - your camera focuses on your killer). He either way should just be seen stunned and then just simply disappear. However, when he gets stunned, a screaming voice should be played.

Edited by Mr. Darkness

Well, it's pretty much playable atm.

Found out this morning that I did all traces backwards, causing weird shit to happen. Should be fixed now.

Also added post processing, tweaked some effects and "scares" as well as slenderman's controls (for player).

2013-06-02_00002_a245.jpg

2013-06-02_00003_92dd.jpg

Yeah it's great play now in my opinion. 12 players would do perfectly in this game. I jumped so many times :').

Did you disable spectator chat, by the way? As in, did you disable the ability for spectators to communicate with humans?

Also, you could change the text font (as in, the font for player names, for example) to this http://www.1001freefonts.com/Dirt2Death.php, this http://www.1001freefonts.com/YouMurderer.php or this http://www.1001freefonts.com/WereWolf.php (<- this one looks more like the drawings seen on pages and the drowings on walls in slender: the arrival)

I also fixed the map (has some FPS drops though, unknown reason) http://filesmelt.com/dl/slender_outland.bsp_1.bz2 so you won't see these holes in the ground. Nor the sky, however. You're gonna like it.

Edited by Mr. Darkness