Mr. Green Gaming

A new Dawn of Green

Duby

• Greens

Hello Greenies.

So its been a little while since I have made a public post. But you got to start some where right!

I went into hiding for a while as it was all getting all to much and I didn't have the coding skills to for fill the needs of the community. But after a month or two I am back with new skills. I have made a lovely list of things which need to be done, and I have already started some of them.

So last time I went a bit mental and didn't really look at the overall image of how the gamemode should be. I guess I was a little immature with it all. But all is about to change.

Lets forget the rage and data which was lost over my last reign and start a fresh.

So without further of due let me show you all my plan of action. 

We don't have enough classes on zs. By this of course I mean zombie classes. We are tired or the same old shit basically and so is the zs community outside of green. So lets make some lovely new classes, polished and done right first time. No more half assed jobs.

So what do we have?

-Ghouler 

You may of already met him before, he has been on the server for a short time now, so he is fast he can revive and is an all round good class for the start of a round. In essence its the old infected style class with a few extra features.

-Vometer 

So in times gone by there was an attack a class could use in order to heal other zombies. So I thought why not make a class based around it. So the Vometer will be a class based around throwing tainted meat which will harm humans but heal the undead. Pretty cool right?

Now then what about the humans? I know what a lot of you want, but yea it honestly can't happen I am afraid. But I have come up with something which will please you all hopefully. 

The crate system well I have made a new moving crate system which a few of you may of already read about. We I have done an update on that system again and now we have two crates which move around the map. So in the case of big or small maps, you will always be in reach of a crate. But due to it moving you can't just camp in a cade for the whole game.

But this brings an issue, people like to cade and stay still. But without supplies and extra weapons they will die! Then most likely rage quit.

So how do we solve this? Ahaa lets add a guns for kills system into this. A player can get up to a certain tier of weapons 'smgs' for just killing zombies. This allows for players to choose their gameplay style! I think this will solve the current issues.

Now then lets move onto the looks of this gamemode.

Its a little bland don't you think? Well lets look at the crate. Its a small box on the floor which isn't going to catch players attention. So lets take a page out of the history books and create something which looks like the old crate but perhaps a bit more greenier! let me introduce you to the new crate ^^

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/570023530094779990/71C4C1D0E361FE129823597DFEB617D7173E3377/

So since we are on the subject of apperances, lets look at the huds.

The zombie hud kinda looks ok, but it does lack a bit of goryness to it! So lets add a few more blood splatters nearer to the top of the hud to keep with the theme of the lower half of the hud. 

Now the one which everyone is going to care the most about! Lets be honest here the current hud is a simple generic which arial based hud. Its boring and has nothing interesting going on .

So lets take a page out of the Deluvas era of zs and create something new but in keeping with old zs!

I am a part time coder now a days. So I will only be allowcating 1-2 days a week for zs. So please be patient greenies! 

Any questions or comments please leave them bellow.

-Duby

• Greens

For the crate I was thinking of what necro did and have a numeric distance drawn above the crate which will go through walls.

regarding the level system I am planning on cutting down a load of levels to like 20 and making a load of other tools at lv0. One issue we have is only people who play a lot using the tools which we need.

hammer should be a little bit higher lever since beginner can cause alot of commosion nailing stuff down like idiots, medkit on the other hand cant ruin the game if given at the start

Edited by Reiska
  • Greens

What I am saying is giving them turrets grenades and medkits etc.. is a good idea. But there has to be a reason for them to work hard. So keeping the shoulder turret at a slightly higher level will work well. ^^

Then again if there are bunch of low level guys with turrent nades and so on think about what is gonna happen to zombies, they wil be doomed, beginners will have to have atleast something to work on for them to stay on the server

Its not elitism if people have worked hard to obtain something and then It will be thrown to the dogs and all your work has been for nothing

I feel giving all these items will just make it easier to people camp in groups at the same spot behind a cade like pussies and those who actually want some challenge will be fucked

And as for the zombies why we still don't have buffed up starting zombies like I have been suggesting for quite a while now

Edited by Reiska

exactly and you suggest making all those changes along with giving people stuff at a lower level, what I predict and what has happened numerous times is that the levels will be lowered and then it will take months until the problems that change caused will be fixed, I think all the possibilities what might happen should be thought before doing any update

So freaking many times we have had half assed updates and fixing them had been taking so long while people have had to just stand it opposed to making one good update once without needing to start making tweaks to it 

• Greens

Agreed.

I am working through each level and really taking my time with thinking how it will affect gameplay. I have also added a few things for the zombies with this update which will make them stronger but not with the amount of HP or Damage that they will do. So think long and hard if you want to guess it. ;)

Glad to hear all of this, awaiting updates. Key is to keep new-comers to ZS stay and play! Fancy shit like turrets at low-level will certainly help this, I feel though that players aren't informed enough what gets unlocked at what level. There should be small pop-up messages or something similar.

• Greens

Glad to hear all of this, awaiting updates. Key is to keep new-comers to ZS stay and play! Fancy shit like turrets at low-level will certainly help this, I feel though that players aren't informed enough what gets unlocked at what level. There should be small pop-up messages or something similar.

I had a nice idea, the admins have a menu binded to 'c' when they want to access commands. So I could do a 'b' bind or something to bring up a derma styled menu to show each level and its unlocks. That would help everyone grasp what each level holds for them. 

• Greens

Guns for kills added. (5,10,25,50)

New level system structure added. ( 30 levels all have unlocks ) This should keep people playing but the wall of levels is no longer there. 

Infected resurrect. (Stops rage quitting!)

I will make the crates move more often and then see how the player count goes. 

I will start on the new zombie class in the next few weeks.

few problems with the guns for kills

-it doesn't give enough ammo on the gun that it gives you

-It can give you less powerful gun over the better gun like today I got m3 over saw that had full ammo on it and the m3 that I got had only few also some dude got mac10 over his mp5

that is all.

Edited by Reiska
  • Greens

I see the issue. I forgot to add a function to compare the current weapon with one you already have. I will try and get this fixed along with the immortal protector issue by next week. 

To do list:

-Add a compare function

-Fix immortal protector issue

-Crates move more frequently

few problems with the guns for kills

-it doesn't give enough ammo on the gun that it gives you

-It can give you less powerful gun over the better gun like today I got m3 over saw that had full ammo on it and the m3 that I got had only few also some dude got mac10 over his mp5

that is all.

I agree with both of these Reiska. I have had the mac10 replace my mp5 before. Another problem with the guns for kills is that it always takes away my pistol for some reason. I go from having a deagle or glock to having no pistol when guns for kills kicks in. Then I need to wait until the crate gives me another one or pick one up.

I had a nice idea, the admins have a menu binded to 'c' when they want to access commands. So I could do a 'b' bind or something to bring up a derma styled menu to show each level and its unlocks. That would help everyone grasp what each level holds for them. 

Why not just add it to the F1 menu? So that way when a new player comes along F1 will have all the useful information about Green ZS. Maybe in addition next to where it displays your current level on the screen have text that says something like Next Perk: Medkit, 5000 XP to go. You want to give the player a definite sense of what they are working towards and how far away it is. This will help keep them interested.

Edited by Cheeseman

Infected resurrect. (Stops rage quitting!)

The infected resurrect as it is right now can actually cause more rage quitting. Its very frustrating as a zombie. Many times as a human I have shot a zombie and had him go down. Then you just stand over him and hit him with the crow bar, when he gets back up he gets hit and goes down again before he can do anything. Gets up a final time and dies with my crowbar before he can do anything. This is going to piss off any zombie player and make them rage more than just dying and respawning with full hp.

If you want to stop rage quitting at the beginning of the round I think one of the best things to do is like Reiska said:

- Buff starting zombies

Also I like Rob's suggestion:

- Make the gas at zombie spawn deal damage.

I've seen a lot of people rage quit and it mostly happens when the server has a low amount of players and the zombies cant do shit because they are too few and humans usually spawn kill as well. In order for the server to be populated more often and have good high pop. games the game play with low players has to be much better than it is right now. Right now its shit, just ask Reiska. He comes on and leaves after seeing the low pop server is boring as fuck with humans just raping zombies. 

I don't want to bitch and wine about ZS like everyone else but something has to be said.

Edited by Cheeseman