Mr. Green Gaming

A new Dawn of Green

Duby

After playing again I can easily tell the mod is suffering from not having fluid game play. I have too many weapons to go through in my inventory probably because there are 2 weapon systems clashing.

The load out system is too fiddly, I don't need 2 tools and the perks just seem like a hassle. Of course I'm going to pick a hammer perk if I'm going to use a hammer. In my opinion, perks should be automated as you level up (for the current system anyways) So if I have rank x I will automatically start with 2 extra nails.

The personal perk which affects the player is kinda fine since it depends on play style.

Current state of aegis makes cading too OP, I don't know if this is the direction we want to be heading but I'm just pointing out that if I'm a little creative there can be really boring games..

Im sorry i ever got mad att u <3

And puf makes a good point on the items in inventory :P

• 3 weeks later...
  • Greens

This October update is shaping up nicely. I have a few spoilers as I know everyone has been very patient. 

We are re-adding a few older things and some new things to the gamemode.

Some of the following are already implemented.

-Etherial TP 'Coded by Ywa and implemented already'

-Fixed and fully tested Aegis kit (No more fun for you Jeramieh!)

-Mobile supplies will grant health again.

-A new hammer tool. Thanks BrainDawg for the model!

( You have a blow torch and hammer on screen. The hammer can put in and take out nails. The blowtorch heals the nails)

-Player weapons will no longer damage nails.

-The old end game screen is re-added ( Thanks to Ywa )

-New Weapons Crosshair

-Old L4D music added on load out screen.

-Old l4D music on humans loosing.

-Zombies spawn on each other properly. ( Thanks Ywa )

There have also been many optimisations in the code where someone had just left heavy code doing nothing. 

Code has been updated from Gmod 12 code.

There are many plans for lots of bold and new idea's which will come to light soon enough! 

I hope you all like these changes and the effort which was required to make it happen. 

-ZS Admin team

-ZS Coding team

-Dubys' Laboratory

May Puke Pour have mercy on your souls.  

• Greens

That's something we can't really fix.

I think gameplay is greatly improving atm. People are taking a big mixture of items and aren't just sticking with the easiest loadouts. 

With a few more adjustments and some gameplay aspects smoothed out. I think zs will be a lot better and more popular.

We just need to make cading easy, but hard late game then mix that with loads of powerful guns.

>custom Hammer model having a variety of simple problems (already discussed and to be fixed tomorrow)

>Pistols still damage barricades

>"Do not break the barricade!" message still appears, either remove it entirely or change the message to something along the lines of "You cannot break nailed props!"

>Switch the hammer/blowtorch function (primary fire nails, secondary heals, R still un-nails [yet to be added]).  Also add a message in the bottom corner "Primary fire to nail, secondary to heal" (for the lower IQ players)

>weapons that aren't supposed to have clips (hammer, grenades) should auto-reload when switched over 

>Blowtorch needs a healing limit like before (60 fuel, 80 for barricade suit) that takes time to regenerate

-Related to the one above: make the blowtorch heal significantly faster, only heal 2 points per "heal", and reward significantly less points on healing (Although I haven't fully tested the pointfarming capabilities in gameplay yet, in testing it seems that it could get ridiculous with the point reward for barricades).  Testing the pointfarm abilities I feel it's not as horridly farmable as before, if I'm wrong I'll un-scratch this later.

>Make props being held/dragged by players not collide with other players, when the prop is dropped it should stay ghosted for 5 seconds (HUMANS ONLY FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, ghosted props should still collide with zombies if possible)

-make it so players in ghosted props get a warning message or, even better, get slightly "pushed" out of ghosted props (current ZS mechanic, please apply this to Aegis boards too)

>Idea taken from current ZS: hold shift to rotate "small" props (props that don't need to be dragged), for better understanding I suggest looking at current ZS for yourself

>Behemoth viewmodel was horribly fucked up somehow, gotta walk Duby through that :V

Edited by Braindawg
  • Greens

I think we would have to be care with how we update the casing system.

I think perhaps ghosting props when a human has picked it up is a nice idea. But we don't want to make this a 3.0 copy. In my eyes the casing kit should over come this allowing people to cade any where. (Within reason)

the ghosting idea is very VERY loosely based off of the current system, the current system the player and the prop ghosts, in Mr Green only the prop should ghost and the player should be able to freely move around in the prop for 5 seconds.  I only suggest things from 3.0 that are proven to work and are widely regarded as a great idea.

3.0 has some pretty great features yaknow :V

Edited by Braindawg
  • Greens

I know, I play a lot of 3.0 servers late at night etc.. when green is empty. Often to get gameplay idea's. But sometimes I get the feeling that it will take Green is a different direction. We want people to be able to cade, but not to make it the only option. 

Perhaps we can find a middle ground between the two.

• Greens

Hmmm ok sure doesn't sound un-reasonable.

We basically need to overhaul the cading system and the zombie classes.

Then add new custom weapons. More variety weapons bring new people.

I have done some research and the servers with more custom weapon packs have more players. So I think its a step we have to take to keep up with the changing times.

We need to make it easy to cade and fun but not a necessity. 

We also have still to many levels and perks. I will combine more of the cading perks into one to make them generally useful.

Edited by DubyXD
  • Greens

Latest updates to keep you all informed of the current events.

-Updated server rules

-Updated item unlock guide.

-Updated fists code.

-Pulse SMG recoil reduced.

-Taken many of the un-used perks and popular perks and combined them into 'classes'.

-Berserker

-Support

-Engineer

-Medic

-Fixed tool 'planks'

I hope you like these updates, I am very happy with how they are looking and this October updated has gone fairly smoothly.

-Duby

duby u removed crowbar, there is no wep with that range of melee attack, u should think about that. i think wil be right thing to add that range to meat hook

p.s.: Duby what the fuck, now when zombie damage u havo no bleeding screen, just get damage from zombie like nothin happen.

Edited by 9-th Dragon

The reason crowbar was removed was simply cause it was too op to be given at the start, especially when used with freeman perk, but I can agree that on some of the melee weapons the range is small and should be increased so that the meleeing will continue but not with that kind of power

Edited by Reiska
  • Greens

The basics of balancing a game is to make it enjoyable and playable for everyone with rewards to match.

Times have changed and players want different things.

Logically making people tanks at the beginning of a game isn't a good thing. So these actions have been made in the interest of everyone not just to those who think they have a right to be powerful because of how long they have played.

Please leave your comments bellow and not in the shoutbox.

some problems that i think is important(ur opinion mb different than my):

*lower heigh of jump than before, in some situations it's important.

*when supply crates spawn, there is no any analys of gamers placing, i mean if they(gamers) in cade, there no chance about spawn supply crate in that place with gamers for gaving them new guns, ammo and etc.

*i can't explain what changed with zombie, but now any noob can eat a skilled gamer, it's unfair, that is reason why server now is empty, nobody want play that game, yep yep, i can remove that game, but will not do, i still can start lern lua and make thing wich will be up my fit

*there is no posibilito for earn new levels, caz no any tools guns or perks for it.

*there have some sense for evolving zombies as classes wich also can got some perk in game, u need also think about it.

*oh, just remember, fast zombies beat players, no chance in melee fight, hate it.)))

At the end of all that shit wich i was wrote, i think there have some sense for invite Necro in process of evolve ZS Server, i think he can help make it better(if not in coding process, it can be some brilliant ideas).

sry my english is bad as well

P.s.: just for me i think Necro in past gave players interesting gameplay.

Edited by 9-th Dragon