Mr. Green Gaming

Location of Mappers - Help/scripts/tools/resources/mods/tutorial

viiNi

Hey Vini, Can you explain about creating a SH map in depth?

I've always wanted to create one. 

So, All I have to do is make a map with borders and add several spawn points? Is that it?

Yes it is that style, you can see this video, from you to get a good idea of how it is.

50 spawnspoints are (i recomend)

And when you finish the map you have to change the gamemode meta.xml "shooter"

Edited by viiNi

--- How to change the skin of your map (CJ to another) ---

Step 1. Go to your map folde, and open the meta.xml:

post-12121-0-33303800-1409931405_thumb.p

Step 2. Search for this line:

<setting name="#skins" value='[ "cj" ]'></setting>

Step 3.  Go to this page: http://wiki.multitheftauto.com/wiki/All_Skins_Page

And find the ID of your skin: I will use the 83

post-12121-0-43625600-1409931707.jpg

Step 4. Change "cj" to your ID:

<setting name="#skins" value='[ "83" ]'></setting>

Step 5. Finished, just save and exit.

Question: Can i change the skin of cj to another and set everybody in the race to CJ but with my own skin? :P

Do not get it right, but I think this would be an answer:

If you change the skin of CJ to another, all players will stay with this skin, exept those who bought skins!

Question: Can i change the skin of cj to another and set everybody in the race to CJ but with my own skin? :P

If you change the skin of CJ to another, all players will stay with this skin, exept those who bought skins!

k then. do i have u added to skype or steam? i want to share u a map. are u this one? http://prntscr.com/4jxfgc

Edited by SkyBlue

k then. do i have u added to skype or steam? i want to share u a map. are u this one? http://prntscr.com/4jxfgc

lol, yes its me, but my old skype, i add you, send me

lol, yes its me, but my old skype, i add you, send me

add: jivo616

Guest AleksCore

SkyBlue, easier to get help from me right here. I rarely use Skype, apparently I forgot that you were asking me about this song script or I thought you must do it by yourself. 

Script (client-side, music.lua): http://pastebin.com/print.php?i=XM0zEnuK

P.S. meta.xml:

<file src="song1_file_name.mp3"></file>
    <file src="song2_file_name.mp3"></file>
    <script src="music.lua" type="client"></script>
Edited by AleksCore

SkyBlue, easier to get help from me right here. I rarely use Skype, apparently I forgot that you were asking me about this song script or I thought you must do it by yourself. 

P.S. meta.xml:

You will make a tutorial or i can make?

P.S. meta.xml:

k nice, but, where does the song changes from once to another touching a checkpoint? 

P.S. meta.xml:

k nice, but, where does the song changes from once to another touching a checkpoint? 

i will make a tutorial.. wait pls

--- Two Songs On The Same Map ---

(Special thanks for Alexcore)

Step 1. Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/k7738t8hksavm87/2music.lua

Step 2. Copy this file and your 2 songs to your map folder (rename the songs music1 and music2, remember that the song has to be in .mp3 format), like this:

post-12121-0-27221900-1410027994_thumb.p

Step 3. Add thes elines in your meta.xml:

<file src="music1.mp3"></file><file src="music2.mp3"></file><script src="2music.lua" type="client"></script>

post-12121-0-13872100-1410028091_thumb.p

Step 4. Now is the annoying part, We have to find the exact coordinate, where will be our marker that will change the music.

I made a test map, and I'll put the music to change exactly on top of the race checkpoint.

post-12121-0-26093500-1410028449_thumb.p

Open the 2music.lua, look to those lines lines:

song_1_marker = createMarker(x, y, z, "type", size, r, g, b, a)song_2_marker = createMarker(x, y, z, "type", size, r, g, b, a)

You will have to change "x, y, z, "type", size, r, g, b, a" , this is the creation of the marker through codes:

(By MTA TEAM)

• x: A floating point number representing the X coordinate on the map.
  • y: A floating point number representing the Y coordinate on the map.
  • z: A floating point number representing the Z coordinate on the map.

Type: The visual type of the marker to be created. Possible values:

• "checkpoint": A race checkpoint. These are very tall, but not infinite, light pillars. Checkpoints snap to ground and become invisible after going over a certain Z height.
  • "ring": Doughnut shaped ring, normally used for aircraft.
  • "cylinder": Small glowing ground ring. These are the glow markers you walk into to activate missions or events in single player.
  • "arrow": Arrow pointing down. These are the arrows on the doors you can enter in single player, except MTA's are not animated by default.
  • "corona": A glowing ball of light.

size: The diameter of the marker to be created, in meters.(1.0, 2.0, 2,3, ... any number)

• r: An integer number representing the amount of red to use in the colouring of the marker (0 - 255).
  • g: An integer number representing the amount of green to use in the colouring of the marker (0 - 255).
  • b: An integer number representing the amount of blue to use in the colouring of the marker (0 - 255).
  • a: An integer number representing the amount of alpha to use in the colouring of the marker (0 - 255 where 0 is transparent and 255 is opaque).

Well, as I want you to stay exactly the checkpoint of the map, I will use the coordinates of the checkpoint itself, then:

- I will copy the coordinates of the chackpoint and paste on 2music.lua.

post-12121-0-11451200-1410028915_thumb.p

Its to first song:

Here the coordenaties of the marker

song_1_marker = createMarker(2093.4697265625, -2559.2294921875, 12.590000152588, "type", size, r, g, b, a)

Now the type:

song_1_marker = createMarker(2093.4697265625, -2559.2294921875, 12.590000152588, "corona", size, r, g, b, a)

Size:

song_1_marker = createMarker(2093.4697265625, -2559.2294921875, 12.590000152588, "corona", 7.0, r, g, b, a)

Color:

song_1_marker = createMarker(2093.4697265625, -2559.2294921875, 12.590000152588, "corona", 7.0, 255, 0, 0, 255)

Finished, now he already have the first marker... Now do the same for the second:

post-12121-0-08126700-1410029333_thumb.p

song_2_marker = createMarker(1961.2705078125, -2554.7802734375, 12.590000152588, "corona", 7.0, 255, 0, 0, 255) 

Secound marker ok.

Step 5. Find for these lines:

song = playSound("song1_file_name.mp3", false)  song = playSound("song2_file_name.mp3", false) 

Just change song1_file_name and song2_file_name, to music1 and music2.

Step 6. Finished

Will be like this when you finish:

song_1_marker = createMarker(2093.4697265625, -2559.2294921875, 12.590000152588, "corona", 7.0, 255, 0, 0, 255)          function play_song_1(thePlayer, matchingDimension)    if thePlayer == getLocalPlayer() then    setRadioChannel(0)    song = playSound("music1.mp3", false)     end    end    addEventHandler("onClientMarkerHit", song_1_marker, play_song_1)          song_2_marker = createMarker(1961.2705078125, -2554.7802734375, 12.590000152588, "corona", 7.0, 255, 0, 0, 255)          function play_song_2(thePlayer, matchingDimension)    if thePlayer == getLocalPlayer() then    setRadioChannel(0)    stopSound(song)    song = playSound("music2.mp3", false)     end    end    addEventHandler("onClientMarkerHit", song_2_marker, play_song_2)

post-12121-0-59376600-1410029824_thumb.p

Some screenshots:

post-12121-0-32955300-1410029996_thumb.p

post-12121-0-06739900-1410030011_thumb.p

A little video showing how it works!

Any questions? Ask!

Edited by viiNi

~~Custom vehicles~~

Step 1:
download some Custom vehicles from here

some good small vehicles
64SlKhg.jpg

3VRrnqJ.jpgTomTgdq.jpg

step 2:
scripts

addEventHandler('onClientResourceStart', resourceRoot,
function()
    txd = engineLoadTXD ( "txd file name.txd" )
    engineImportTXD ( txd, vehicle id )

dff = engineLoadDFF ( "ddf file name.dff", vehicle id )
engineReplaceModel ( dff, vehicle id )
end
)

VSNiuqm.png

IDs
Here or Here

now i will choose Cheetah
the script will be like this

addEventHandler('onClientResourceStart', resourceRoot,
function()
    txd = engineLoadTXD ( "Cheetah.txd" )
    engineImportTXD ( txd, 415)

dff = engineLoadDFF ( "Cheetah.dff", 415)
engineReplaceModel ( dff, 415 )
end
)

AA24DwK.png
Save your script file and put it in your map folder. For examle: Cheetah.lua or what you want.

now add this to meta.xml

<script src="Cheetah.lua" type="client" />   the script you save it
<file
src="Cheetah.txd" />     txd file name
<file src="Cheetah.dff" />     ddf file name

it have to be like that
Kw0YQZM.png

that's it you done

ktaakdu.jpg

irkGsbM.jpg

Hallo, hey guys i just want to suggest a subforum for this tutorials inside MTA forum, like Safehouse forum: 

Uuxe06T.png

Why this?

Because Vini and the other guys are making a so good work with this tutorials but we keep commenting or putting stuff in the topic, also right now are only 3 pages but in a future will be a lot more of pages so we will need to search page per page a tutorial.

awfulfbEQogk.pngkyhNyuJ.png

With a Subforum we can make a better order and easier way to find tutorials, each tutorial will have it own topic so, each topic has: Tutorial + Questions from players to the tutorial maker, so why not? 

Just a suggestion...