⚠️DATA BREACH ⚠️ ×
Mr. Green Gaming

The return of the SkillShop

Here are some problems/things I encountered whilst playing on the new zs green, and I thought that they should be reconsidered or even fixed.

- Nails, they should get a little buff since cading at the moment seems impossible. (Can be debated if they need a buff or not).

- Torch, Sometimes it will stop recharging. (I have no idea what I did to stop it recharging).

- Ammo, I think it costs too much at the moment and should be priced a bit lower.

- Auto-buy ammo, Only works when the main gun is pulled out.

- Crate,I think it should appear much more often in crowded areas. (Since Nailers/Healers need to get they're nails/medkit recharges).

These are only my thoughts, please do not think these as ''must'' fixes, just thinking out loud. (I think this is more like a change/fix post, but I thought that this was the best topic to post this).   :)

I do not want to offend or disrespect Ywa or Duby with this feedback post.

Edited by Lejorah

- Auto-buy ammo, Only works when the main gun is pulled out.

That is the idea behind it. That it buys 1 ammo pack for the weapon you have pulled out at that moment. So if you're with a pistol, it buys ammo for that. However, I'll try to make it more clear! :)

I'll look into your other points as well.

• Greens

You cannot buy nails for the hammer at the crate atm.

It will need some re-coding again. If you would like me to do it, then pm me. I wrote the hammers code so working with it wouldn't be too hard. :) 

It will take some time for adjustment from the previous system. Adding the skill shop brings back the economic/ money management aspect to the game. If you are going to cade you need to make sure to save SP for nails, that might mean deciding to not get that kick ass rifle. If you are a dedicated medic you will need to save SP for charge etc.

This makes it harder for humans to get a good gun while constantly buying charges and healing themselves, but it also allows for not getting that shitty scout sniper that the previous crate always likes to auto buy for me.

Edited by Cheeseman

Most likely because shop system is introduced now, while shit load of other things should be changed for it to work properly. They all should have been changed at the same time to prevent complaints and the feel of a broken system

It's impossible to have everything already balanced out. Just want to see how it goes and needs to be changed.

(still: more preparations should've been made)

Constantly getting stuck in the boss. Boss spawns before anyone can even buy a gun. Everyone dies to boss.

Also weapons need better accuracy, ammo isn't free and half the bullets just miss.

Zombies have too much health and it all feels so messy.

Playing as a boss is buggy and I just rejoin to avoid it.

Sadly overall experience is bad.

Refer to quality experience here: https://youtu.be/X_Q64ECfGoY?t=5m45s

Edited by Pufulet
  • Greens

The problem you face here is that the people who would play as a zombie being shot for 10 mins by a big gun in an attic don't play anymore.

They get bored and RQ, Zs has to be all action where anything can happen if you don't pay attention. Otherwise the mind set of the player base now a days will just go else where.

That's why zs as a gamemode in general is doing poorly now a days.

We want quality over quantity, bosses are on the list to be fixed up. That's for sure. But the main game mechanic had to be first port of call in this.

I agree with what you are saying but zs is undergoing a lot of changes code wise. The old gmod 10 code is failing and becoming buggy, so it requires a lot of attention over gameplay atm. 

I really wish that for this update we had done one major thing different than all of the updates that had been done the past 3 years I have played here. This is what differentiates the amateurs from the professional game developers. That thing is testing!

I believe that the only updates that should be pushed to the server without testing are bug fixes (such as the stuck bug which I think should be the top priority as it is game breaking). Other than that, when you change a major aspect such as the crate system that has a ripple effect and completely changes the game play dynamics introducing other unforeseen balance issues.

Since as far as I can remember updates were done in the fashion of pushing each as it was coded one by one, viewing the effects and then later fixing all the things that change broke. This is the easiest thing to do but it is hard on the player base and results in a more fucked up game mode until everything has been re-balanced. I think it would have been better to finish all of the coding for a complete game update. Get together a team of regulars to test and discuss to make the appropriate adjustments. 

This takes longer and is more work but don't we want good quality the first time around?

Edited by Cheeseman

I agree completely with cheeseman.

On the other hand, add an option to select the gun you want to auto buy from the crate.

Secondly buff the comeback perk, because at the moment it's nerfed like hell, I mean seriously a fiveseven and classic smg?

did u disabled a grave digger for katana now?

Last nigh when i bought it, it's not heal, when u kill zombies, that unfair, caz damned fagsties do 5 dmg per any hit...

3hp perk kill(for katana), and 5 for any other melee wep, will gave a litle bit more time for enjoyin when kill zombies.. 2-3 fagstie can easy kill any survival with katana.

P.s.: add plz few maps from old map cycle in current(i mean from oldes time when server was made by deluvas and necrossin)

If posible, remove alyxg motel, caz map crappy as hell

Edited by 9-th Dragon

I really wish that for this update we had done one major thing different than all of the updates that had been done the past 3 years I have played here. This is what differentiates the amateurs from the professional game developers. That thing is testing!

I believe that the only updates that should be pushed to the server without testing are bug fixes (such as the stuck bug which I think should be the top priority as it is game breaking). Other than that, when you change a major aspect such as the crate system that has a ripple effect and completely changes the game play dynamics introducing other unforeseen balance issues.

Since as far as I can remember updates were done in the fashion of pushing each as it was coded one by one, viewing the effects and then later fixing all the things that change broke. This is the easiest thing to do but it is hard on the player base and results in a more fucked up game mode until everything has been re-balanced. I think it would have been better to finish all of the coding for a complete game update. Get together a team of regulars to test and discuss to make the appropriate adjustments. 

This takes longer and is more work but don't we want good quality the first time around?

The whole problem is that it takes a lot of time. Time I don't have. So good luck with that. So, unfortunately, I'm not aiming at best-possible-quality for every major push.

Anyways, I'm now reworking all the Undead classes. Which hopefully fixes the problem of getting stuck in them, if not, it's still a good update (for the code, that is). I'm considering to disable bosses in the meantime.

@ 9-th Dragon: Katana support has been added now for the Grave Digger. :)

• Greens

In general zs is a lot nicer and smoother gameplay wise.

I would advice removing bosses for now as they only make the game feel sloppy due to their broken nature.

Also SP during the rounds needs to be increased. I find it hard to get good guns let alone a new person to the server. I pm'd Ywa with the solution.

Just some more fine tuning with these little things and the server will be exciting and nice to play again. Its the small things which count for a lot! :o