⚠️DATA BREACH ⚠️ ×
Mr. Green Gaming

Classified Information: New 3.0 Zombie survival

Duby

So I've been thinking of somenthing unique suggestions, I will just post em here to serve as proof in case some other server steals this suggestion...

!!!THIS IS A SUGGESTION!!!

Round-only specific weapon leveling (Balancing suggestion)

(can level by delivering last blows and dealing damage to zombies who arent in zombie spawn)

lets take the MP5 as an example

• LVL 0 MP5
  • LVL 1 MP5 - Decreases price of ammo by 25%
  • LVL 5 MP5 - 50% faster reload total, 100% more headshot damage
  • LVL 7 MP5 - Decreases price of ammo by a total of 50%, 50% total damage boost
  • LVL 9 MP5 - Decreases price of ammo by a total of 75%
  • LVL 10 MP5 - 100% total faster reload, 100% total damage boost, gives back all the ammo you've shot.
  • LVL 15 MP5 - 200% total faster reload, 115% total damage boost
  • >MAX LVL 20 MP5< - 220% total faster reload, 150% total damage boost, 200% headshoot damage

MELEE WEAPONS (should be far easier to level but doesnt give too many attributes due to the existance of the berzerker class)

(lets take crowbar as an example)

• LVL 0 CROWBAR
  • LVL 5 CROWBAR - Decreases price of its cost in the shop by 75%
  • LVL 6 CROWBAR - Has a 50% chance to make double damage
  • LVL 9 CROWBAR - Swings 100% faster
  • LVL 15 CROWBAR - Every kill you restore 5HP and gives you 10 armor (armor reduces damage taken by 25%)
  • >MAX LVL 20 CROWBAR< - Swings 200% faster, every kill restores 12HP and 50 armor(being or not being a berzerker)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LAST HUMAN RANDOM EVENTS (event suggestion)

Every time one human remains and STAYS ALIVE for 30 seconds the following may happen...

1. (ONE MAN ARMY) - An explosive effect happens on him and everything between him and a certain radious would instantly die, gives him 300HP and infinite armor (reduces 25% damage taken), and a Last Human weapon which can be selected at the start of the game.
  2. (LAST FOCUS) - Last human is given ZEDTIME control for 3 minutes (also slows down wave countdown).
  3. (FINAL SLASH) - Every zombie goes back to the zombie spawn and respawns as zombie bosses, wave counter is removed and the round can only be won if 10 bosses die. The Last Human is given an one hit melee weapon with a massive swipe cooldown and an one-hit-kill damage maker, which humans can only access trough this random last human event.
  4. (WARS OF THE INFECTED) - (this one is a secret ;) if you ever have played Mr.Green Infected Wars you'll know what is this about :D )

----------------------------------------------------------------

5 minutes ago, robbert^^ said:

They have this shit on death legends. Very unique indeed.

Oh shit! I didnt remember that when I was posting!

Pretty much if I remember well, its still okay, Deathlegends only makes weapon shoot faster and deal more damage, so the suggestion is still quite of original ;)

• Greens

Something like what you've suggested would be very cool actually. I'll working out some sort of algorithm to scale it or do different outcomes depending on the amount of players. 

We will be doing the next beta test on around the 14-15th of May. This next test will be more or less the final version of ZS with only a few things to correct or change. I hope you can all make it.

A few things which have been changed;

-End game screen mechanics (How the honourable mentions are shown and map votes.)

-Loadout Screen bug fixes

-HUD revision 'Adding health bar and moving the SP to a new panel'

-Added a kill reward system (10 kills you get a ammo drop, 20 kills you get a bottle of vodka.)

They are the main noticeable things. But there will be many more fixes etc.. I'll post up the full log when I make the next commit. 

On 4/22/2016 at 8:18 AM, Duby said:

If I say that then people would be able to get our maps. I expect eventually they will get them, but for a few weeks/months we would be the only server with them.

So basically you're saying that there's going to be maps made for Mr. Green and people will download them when they join the server.  Maps aren't server-side you know, everyone who joins the server on an "exclusive" map will have that map.  

Either way Arena is hype, no barricades no places to hide just zombies vs. humans, sounds like a bitch to implement from scratch though.

Edited by Braindawg
  • Greens

Not quite, we can encrypt our maps and various other things with it such as making map entities server side.  But I'm not saying how obviously ( I paid for these maps, so obviously I don't want Nox taking them straight off ;) ) 

Arena mode was an ass to interstate as a sub gamemode but I modeled it on the same code that ZE works on, but then obviously ass special Arena features etc.. I'd say Arena mode is going to be our trump card.

Ywa dislikes the HUD as it stands so I'm redesigning it for consistency of design. So this may put us back a bit. But I may pull a couple of late nighters so it doesn't affect our release date. 

Alright, to everyone reading this thread and is interessed in making contributions or keeping in touch with the development of the Mr.Green's ZS Rebirth "Duby build" project, we are planning in making an unique Ranking system for Humans and for Zombies and a Global Rank system, this is a whole new brand script, which wont make the game unbalanced or in any way unfair for both teams and also allows the existance of some bonuses related to the profile of the player and to the forum account.

The only concluded build that is planned to get in, is the Global XP Progression, which can be leveled for doing well overall, as Human or as Zombie, and has an influence in your player profile (server wise and forum wise). By progressing the Global XP Progression, you would unlock the following:

• Rank symbology ! You can see everyone's rank on the scoreboard, on the killfeed and on their player's profile!
  • Rank profile! You can see all your unlockables from there, aswell as an option to show your progress.
  • Additional GC gaining for actions made.
  • In-game badges, titles and forum badges for reaching certain levels.
  • Increased loot-drop chance, you can use that loot to modify your Mr.Green profile, and your own character!

There will be Rank systems for you to level as Humans 'Humanity' and for Zombies 'Infection'.

Please read: At the momment none of this has been implemented or coded yet since its not in the main priority of the development, this is just a plan of what is to come! So feel free to post your suggestions and your perspective towards this idea which will be implemented in the future. We want all Mr.Green players, from new players to regulars to elites and veterans, to share their opinions so Mr.Green can have its deserved Zombie Survival server for once and for all, a community created trough the members and the developers. =)

• Greens

I've comprised a new levelling module into the game mode, so we are all set for integrating it into the game. But I need some time to think about what I'm going to do and how people should gain XP and how much etc..

Things that this levelling system will defiantly consist of;

-Global XP/levelling gain regardless of your class

-Lots of levels ( So players always feel like they are progressing )

-Every 5-10 levels a tool for a class will be upgraded or a new tool will replace it.

Zombies leveling system is going to be designed at a different stage due to the amount of thought required for balancing reasons.

This will be done after the release, some may say we should wait, but I feel we need to get this game mode off the ground and start refining its gameplay.

Additional Notes:

I need to port the GC module and re-make the GC shop, I feel that the old one can be re-coded into a module and be quite efficient if done correctly. But this again will be looked at after release. Any comments are always appreciated. I'm working as fast as I possibly can, and obviously I have a life and GF etc.. So at the moment its all rather interesting getting this done on time.. ;) 

• Greens

ZS_3.0.1_V10_Beta update

-Moved Zombine model in folder structure
-Moved Zombine sounds in folder structure

-Added new gamestart music
-Added intermission music
-Added Robs poison gases
-Added new Zombie Spitter class files
-Added zombie prop killing (Huston we have lift off!)
-Added Zombine
-Added SP rewards system (10 kills get ammo drop, 20 kills get a bottle
of Vodka) 'will be changed most likely'
-Added News module (Keep the players informed of course!)
-Added Chem zombies to Arena mode
-Added player tags for Beta testers
-Added Poison headcrab bomb

-Fixed Crosbow script error
-Fixed medkit hud bug
-Fixed Seeker bug
-Fixed zombie boss base hit detection
-Fixed Puke Puss mateiral issue

-Removed un-needed sounds
-Removed un-needed graphics
-Removed GC shop (Porting over the old one and re-coding it)

-Created new ammo drop entity
-Created new Zombine grenade
-Created new HUD (Still up for review)
-Created new Scoreboard
-Created new end game screen with map vote option (Still W.I.P)

-Increased mini turret damage and ammo
-Increased Degal damage and shop price
-Increased Bloated zombie speed
-Lowered Boom stick damage
-Lowered zombie reaches slightly

I'm guessing you're using GitHub for your repository. If you want, I can create a pull request and implement my supply drop with the flare gun as well as my class database which Rob taught me how to do. Basically allows you to store xp, points and whatever for each player on the server with no SQL.

The least I can do.

Edited by Pufulet
  • Greens

Sure, it sounds very promising. What I would say is that there is a hell of a lot of code changes going on with every Beta update. So I would advice waiting until we release just so we don't have any issues. 

(Last Beta update was 192 file changes.)

We are releasing in June :) 

It would be great this use this XP system to build a new level system, and the supply drop for some sort of sub game mode :) 

It would be awesome to get more coders involved with the project and to collaborate on this project.