Mr. Green Gaming

Classified Information: New 3.0 Zombie survival

Duby

• Greens

A quick summery of what I need to do for us to be in a completed sate for Release.

-Fix Zombie !rtd command

-Ywa's approval on the end game screen

-New Boss selection menu images

-New Ghoul zombie class menu image

-Modify human crosshair

-Double check Boss base code

-General code tidy up

-Put map list together 

-Make SP shop look more aesthetically pleasing

So I'd say its all rather minor things really. The core gameplay is all there and ready to be tested for a final Beta test :) 

Guest F1MADKILLER
2 hours ago, rui_troia said:

Only if it doesnt make it too unfair and unbalanced, BETA testers should get titles, achievements and probably some XP and GC?

would be nice to get a extra title or something but GCs i got to many lol and XP mighn't that be unfair on the new players when we all restart fresh if we do?

4 hours ago, Duby said:

NICE! These Dual Deagles sound pretty good :) Now zombies are in need of some love too..

Also from the video I also suggest, considering this was only a test to show the efficiency of the Dual Deagles...

• Make the HUD box a little darker, the whiteness of the numbers almost blends in with the lit part of the water on the pool.
  • Noticed that the Dual desert eagles suffer no aim distortion while walking, they always seem to hit the place. Nerf it a little, or make zombies more stronger (remove knockback unless dealt x damage on legs, which will apply slow for x time)
  • Dual Deagles reload time MUST BE SLOWN DOWN, the reload speed on the normal deagle is slower than the dual deagles, you need to patch this shit otherwise Humans get some strong advantage, inflicting problems in balancing.
  • Greens

I'll look at balancing it all for sure, that video shows the deagles before I've even done stats, I just took the normal deagle file and replaced the model.

I need to finish off one of the zombie classes for sure. I've finished fixing the balanceing issues we've found. I expect there will be more but that can be delt with as we find them.

I just need to polish the end game screen and we are good for release :)

• Greens

Yea I will be very strict on it. I've not touched any weapon stats apart from new weapons which we've added to the mod. So they've been based on the balance of the other weapons. Same applies to the zombies :)

I'm sure it will be fine, the only issue I found is that the Engineer was way to strong, so I needed to sort out its issues.

If you'd like to Pufulet, you're more than welcome to port the Prox mines to ZS 3.0. It would be a nice addition to the engineer class and really give it a nice range of tools. Obviously I'll just do it myself if you'd rather not.  

-BUGS I FOUND AND STUFF THAT NEEDS A CHECKUP-

-> Scoreboard brain counter and points counter get "glued" to the persons name if that persons name is too long.
-> Hitboxes are way too broken. Moving targets are impossible to hit at point blank range.
-> Class choosing for Humans cant be viewed in one view, make it possible to view every class without scrolling down.
-> Rob mentioned somenthing about fresh zombie can quickswitch to any class, talk to him.
-> When zombie classes get hit by melee strikes its almost like they fly away, I know it has somenthing to do with source engine, but try to fix that.
-> Zombie gasses doesnt heal.
-> Wraith and Etheral need emergency buff. Merge them together, remove the stop-motion effect when attacking.

EDIT: Some reminders...

-> Zombie HP needs atleast a cross.

-> Class selection menu could be categorized into sections - "Hybrid";"Hunters";"Assassins";"Bosses";"Tanks" - This would make things more organized and interessing.

Edited by rui_troia
Reminder
  • Greens

-Fixed hit detection (something stupid on my part)

-Class choosing issues maybe because of your resolution. But up to 720p for me works fine.

-Fixed zombie gases giving damage etc..

-Sorted out the Etherial issue and merged Wraith into it.

• Greens

I take your opinions on board, I appreciate honesty and at the end of it, it will help the mod become something more.

Yea I need to give the human classes some more thought perhaps and think of a way to make them feel more unique and special.

I need to refine the zombies more and give them direct purposes so we have a list of refined classes.

I feel the class menu doesn't really require a load of text as people are goi g to click on it and just base it on the load out. I went for the simplest look really. But then again it can be improved for sure.

It will still feel a little noxish as we haven't got that whole generations of coders code in the gamemode so it will just feel like the mod first did I guess. 

I'll try and make it feel more like Mr.Green. I want the mod to be not feature complete so people see and feel like their still involved in its developments, and they have a big day in how the gamemode develops.

But in total yea I have a lot of work to do. I may do some all nighters to get the mod ready for June. 

7years of code in 8 months odd, it's all been rather interesting xD

In my opinion, you shouldn't "notify" anything to the developer while in game unless it's actually important such as "the button doesn't work" or "This gun has infinite ammo". Spamming them with balance queries such as "This class is too weak" or "You should give this zombie a third testicle" are purely annoying since the developer will most likely forget or throw it out the window.

Keep your changes that you think are best to the respective topics and give valid reasoning as to why this should be like this and what issues it would cause otherwise.

Again, this is just my two cents and I felt sorry for Duby when we were testing. It's these quick suggestions with minimal thought that will ruin the mod.

The main culprit knows exactly who he is.

I have no authority in what goes on and frankly don't want to get involved with this project apart from help Duby with what he wants and make sure people don't abuse his kindness.

Edited by Pufulet

I agree with pufulet, maybe we should start another topic to report these issues and bugs.

As far as balancing is concerned. I think the gamemod will already feel better when the hitboxes are fixed, Then we can actually know if the zombies are too weak, because yesterday they only felt weak because the hitboxes didnt work properly. 

• Greens

Its a trace line, and by default the lag compensation is removed. I think I've found the issue. 

(Correct me if I'm wrong)

This is the line which is used for when zombies hit a human (ent) 

phys:ApplyForceOffset(damage * 150 * (forcescale or self.MeleeForceScale) * self.Owner:GetAimVector(), (ent:NearestPoint(self.Owner:EyePos()) + ent:GetPos() * 5) / 6)

I changed it to 150 stop humans moving so far away when getting hit, but at the same time I thinks this is what's causing the issue. it should be damage * 750 * 

I'll change it back and we'll see if that sorts out the issue, when I had a quick play with it last night, it seem'd to make a big difference. 

I'm out tonight so we'll try and get a test done on the weekend after I've fixed some things Ywa found. 

On 5/19/2016 at 10:47 AM, Pufulet said:

Again, this is just my two cents and I felt sorry for Duby when we were testing. It's these quick suggestions with minimal thought that will ruin the mod.

The main culprit knows exactly who he is.

-

if you think im that much of a bother and that I will lead Mr.Green ZS to the ruin just because I was pointing stuff out during beta tests, then you're an moran. As for the stalker, I pointed the obvious. You never played zombies in the beta tests as I was always going  zombie first because I wanted to check what is in need of balancing, excluding the hitbox problem atm. I've managed to find many bugs such as leaps not doing any damage and the nerf swiping twice, only hitting on his second hit.

you want to counter post me saying that I dont have knowledge of the gamemode? start playing zombie in the tests rather than testing out a class which everyone is playing.

sorry Ywa and Duby  I had to defend my position, keep the progress up

Edited by rui_troia
  • Greens

No I didn't, the 3.0 base is really good to work with. But when you start modding things obviously you create bugs unknowingly, I try to avoid touching things I don't need to. 

I think it'll all work out in the end, but it will just take sometime to iron out the gamemode. I should have a rather large update on Sunday, so I'll post the log and do another Beta Test :)