Mr. Green Gaming

Possible ZS changes

Hi guys.

I started modding ZS again. Since Clavus is going on holidays and got other stuff to do.

I've an idea about a new weapons system. I've discussed it with Deluvas. He likes the idea. But I want your opinions too. The idea is that the whole weapons-reward gets removed. Yes, I know it's basicly what ZS is about. However, I want to make it different.

When a round starts every human starts with no weapons. Even without melee weapons. After 1 minute melee weapons will be randomly dropped around the map. But there won't be enough melee weapons for everyone. Just 10 melee weapons when there are 20 humans or something like that. 3 minutes later new weapons will be dropped. This time pistols will be dropped. 5 minutes later uzi's and mp5's will be dropped. etc. etc. Even health packages and a barricade kit will be dropped. And even the pulserifle will be dropped. But only people who got the shop item which enabled the pulserifle can pick it up.

This new weapons system will be combined with the ability to drop weapons. And I might even limit the amount of weapons you can have at one time. So you need to drop a weapon if you reach that limit. So someone else can pick it up which didn't find any good weapons.

So. What's your opinion about this?

Also. I will introduce the ability to drag props with the E button and the possibility to weld (nail) props. To create better barricades.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hmm. Interesting.

It would make it easier for the zombies. Hopefully not too easy. But the thing is, when you have baracaded yourself in, completely, you won't be able to outside. Or is random like in, everywhere, even rooms?

It would be getting used to at first. But I can't say if it's going to work or not.

It would make it easier for the zombies. Hopefully not too easy. But the thing is, when you have baracaded yourself in, completely, you won't be able to outside. Or is random like in, everywhere, even rooms?

Even in rooms yes. However, when you are going to barricade yourself you know you won't get new weapons easily. So barricading is only smart to do if you got good weapons.

I don't like the idea. The surviving feeling gets lost and you just run away and wait.

The survival feeling will actually be higher. Since you don't spawnkill zombies all the time. It's like you have 2 objectives. Searching weapons and killing zombies. ZS isn't like a real survival now. I don't think god gives you weapons if you kill more weapons (like it is in ZS now). :P

Hmm, maybe start with just a melee weapon rather than no weapons at all .. because the hud looks kinda crappy without a weapon.

I think starting without a weapon would add excitement to the game, seeing how everyone will be going apeshit trying to find the first weapon or anything decent to use.

1. When a round starts every human starts with no weapons. Even without melee weapons. After 1 minute melee weapons will be randomly dropped around the map. But there won't be enough melee weapons for everyone. Just 10 melee weapons when there are 20 humans or something like that. 3 minutes later new weapons will be dropped. This time pistols will be dropped. 5 minutes later uzi's and mp5's will be dropped. etc. etc. Even health packages and a barricade kit will be dropped. And even the pulserifle will be dropped. But only people who got the shop item which enabled the pulserifle can pick it up.

2. This new weapons system will be combined with the ability to drop weapons. And I might even limit the amount of weapons you can have at one time. So you need to drop a weapon if you reach that limit. So someone else can pick it up which didn't find any good weapons.

So. What's your opinion about this?

3. Also. I will introduce the ability to drag props with the E button and the possibility to weld (nail) props. To create better barricades.

1. Nobody starts with a weapon, bad idea to be honest zombies will just come and kill the humans. It's not funny to defend yourself from zombies with a melee weapon if there's many of them. I think we will loose players if this is brought into action. Seriosly if I didn't start with a weapon I would get rather mad, especially if I get killed by a zombie. Basicly everything get's too easy for the zombies.

2. I would like to be able to drop weapons, but hell I will forced to drop my weapons if I have too many of them - Nope.

3. If a pack of skilled humans are together, zombies will be fucked.

My general opinion is: I don't like it. I like zs as it is now. I do not like when I have to run across the map searching for weapons, and might even not get any.

I think it's a good idea, with this system, people start to want to survive and find better weapons, they will not try to gain only more kills than possible:p.

If we can give weapons and ammo this will be awesome :P

(edit: you should start a vote)

But i dont like the system : 1mn melee , 5mn pistols. In my opinion it will be better if when the horde is light, some guns spawn and sometimes better weapons but very few one and when the horde is growing more good weapons will appear.

Fists would be cool. I'm sure me or Sneed can send you some fisting videos for inspiration if you need it :freak::P

ohkay, thats one way to do it...

but anyway, it looks like brilliant idea, it would make it seem more zombie survival, and less zombie spawncamping

+10 Interwebs to Ywa

Sounds like a nice idea, but if the humans start with melee weapons please improve their range/accuracy, for example the crowbar dont do any damage if you hit certain spots on a normal zombie like the shoulders and the butterknife you have to hug your enemy to hit them :(