Jump to content
Mr. Green Gaming
Sign in to follow this  
Danni

Does Mr. Green need CPR?

Recommended Posts

Heya everybody :)

I guess some of you might remember me so no further introduction is needed. Otherwise just read my profile or introduce yourself thread :P 

Is it just me, or is this forum kinda sleeping?

Considering how active this community once was it makes me kinda sad to see 2012 threads in the end of this sub-forum. We had an awesome and very popular (old) ZS server, great css servers and a fucking nice active forum + IRC.

So... I can't really find any lists of server? The ZS server is pretty much empty (24/7?) and the only thing that seems to keep this alive is the MTA server. 

I think we can all make this very active again. The steam group has 1.700 members, so group bulletins will reach a fair amount of people. Besides it's summer holidays, the time of the year where people have the most time to play games.

Perhaps it is time to create some new servers, maybe a new css server, gta:sa DM server or a 3rd option? Just a few suggestions. 

What do you think? :) (or am I complete off-track with this thread?)  

Best regards,

Danni

Share this post


Link to post
Guest F1MADKILLER
3 hours ago, Danni said:

Heya everybody :)

I guess some of you might remember me so no further introduction is needed. Otherwise just read my profile or introduce yourself thread :P 

Is it just me, or is this forum kinda sleeping?

Considering how active this community once was it makes me kinda sad to see 2012 threads in the end of this sub-forum. We had an awesome and very popular (old) ZS server, great css servers and a fucking nice active forum + IRC.

So... I can't really find any lists of server? The ZS server is pretty much empty (24/7?) and the only thing that seems to keep this alive is the MTA server. 

I think we can all make this very active again. The steam group has 1.700 members, so group bulletins will reach a fair amount of people. Besides it's summer holidays, the time of the year where people have the most time to play games.

Perhaps it is time to create some new servers, maybe a new css server, gta:sa DM server or a 3rd option? Just a few suggestions. 

What do you think? :) (or am I complete off-track with this thread?)  

Best regards,

Danni

@Duby is trying to rework ZS to get it active again, MTA is always busy but a MTA DM server would be good to help us lot on Mix + maybe a new MineCraft server?

Share this post


Link to post
Guest AleksCore

+ for a Minecraft server. I bought this shitty game

Share this post


Link to post

I definitely have to agree that servers for newer games is a way forward, but having servers for old games should be fine as well. Of cause server space has to be taken into consideration. 

We could create some servers for X game for limited time to see if enough players will play that particular game/mod so it makes sense to keep and maintain $$$

@madkiller nice to hear that the ZS is getting some love once again. I don't have experience with MTA DM servers, I was thinking san andreas multiplayer dm. I guess either would work though

@necrrossin perhaps not, but you can make it live for a very long time if you take proper care

In the end, it's up the Ywa/Clavus. I assume they're still in charge here :P 

Share this post


Link to post

Claus left to pursue developing games. 

 

ZS is dead tbh, I made a really big push and attempt to bring it back but the regs have left and no one bothers to even join the server. Also Nox is using tacky scripts to redirect players to their server.

I'm open to looking at some new games to develop for, Gmod is dead for me, I'm also tired of it and its kiddy player base now a days.

 

I wouldn't mind looking at MC if we could try and keeps to script kiddies off of it. Ummm I think we need a fresh new game to bring into the community tbh..

 

I'm personally working on VR stuff now and just doing the odd thing here and there when asked. 

Share this post


Link to post
Guest F1MADKILLER
On 01/07/2016 at 11:43 AM, Duby said:

Claus left to pursue developing games. 

 

ZS is dead tbh, I made a really big push and attempt to bring it back but the regs have left and no one bothers to even join the server. Also Nox is using tacky scripts to redirect players to their server.

I'm open to looking at some new games to develop for, Gmod is dead for me, I'm also tired of it and its kiddy player base now a days.

 

I wouldn't mind looking at MC if we could try and keeps to script kiddies off of it. Ummm I think we need a fresh new game to bring into the community tbh..

 

I'm personally working on VR stuff now and just doing the odd thing here and there when asked. 

Duby your talents on MC would surely get the community back strong again, or a BF1 server if @Ywa agrees as that will be a really popular game on release

Share this post


Link to post
Guest F1MADKILLER
1 hour ago, MegasXLR said:

Just come play MTA and del all other servers :V

but we need other servers megas to keep Ywa busy

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, MADKILLER! said:

but we need other servers megas to keep Ywa busy

MTA servers diff gamemodes!

Share this post


Link to post

The future isn't in trying to revive the old, you already need to have your feet at least halfway up the ladder before you try and set up servers for things like TF2, Minecraft, etc.

And with Mojangs policies we wouldn't be able to have Factions like it was before.

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Lejorah said:

Ywa, make a darkrp server. Where RDM doesn't exist, and to arrest the rdmer's you use cops to arrest them. I want a fun rp server ffs.

You don't fight cancer by spreading cancer

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Ywa said:

I'm looking into ways to give the community a more open structure. Which should mean people could start their own server under the Mr. Green 'brand'.

Sounds nice!

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/7/2016 at 5:47 PM, Ywa said:

I'm looking into ways to give the community a more open structure. Which should mean people could start their own server under the Mr. Green 'brand'.

Not a bad idea at all.  I have so many questions to it though, but I guess you're making a plan of some kind

Share this post


Link to post
On 7-7-2016 at 11:21 AM, Danni said:

Not a bad idea at all.  I have so many questions to it though, but I guess you're making a plan of some kind

Feel free to ask your questions. It might help me build my plan.

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/7/2016 at 11:48 AM, Ywa said:

Feel free to ask your questions. It might help me build my plan.

More questions can be added.

- How much will it cost? 

- Is it like "your own" server - meaning you will have full control of everything? (admins, mods etc.)

- Any limitations to what games we can create servers for? 

- If said person purchased a server from Mr. Green, and it got popular -say some players might donate. Will the money go into Mr. Green's pockets straight away, or will the server bill get paid first and rest goes to Mr. Green

- Support?

Edited by Danni

Share this post


Link to post

I think we should all focus on developing VR Porn.. Jk

 

I quite like the branding idea but tbh atm there aren't many games which can be modded very easily or are worth while modding at the moment. 

So from my perspective we are quite limited.. :l 

 

Unless someone else has some idea's on what we could do to bring something fresh to the community. 

Share this post


Link to post
On 15/7/2016 at 11:45 AM, Duby said:

I think we should all focus on developing VR Porn.. Jk

 

I quite like the branding idea but tbh atm there aren't many games which can be modded very easily or are worth while modding at the moment. 

So from my perspective we are quite limited.. :l 

 

Unless someone else has some idea's on what we could do to bring something fresh to the community. 

I am keen on making a cs:go surf server.. Perhaps modded with deathmatch mod and/or rpg..

Said surf servers were extremly popular back in the css days, and by the looks if it - it remains so in cs:go. I think we stand a good chance in making a good cs:go server.

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...