⚠️DATA BREACH ⚠️ ×
Mr. Green Gaming

Moving checkpoints

Just now, BlueYoshi97 said:

Hey,

All you MTA scripters out there. Tell me, is it possible to make checkpoints in race map move around? If yes, how? I'm imagining a map in which people are chasing behind a moving checkpoint. I don't think it's possible, but I'm asking it just to be sure.

~Yoshi

I have been map manager in mix for nearly 1 year. I never heard of moving checkpoint and I don't think its possible, but wait for @AleksCore, maybe he knows something about it.

Guest AleksCore

Everything is possible. I guess need to script custom checkpoints and place normal checkpoint only at finish. Also if you familiar with scripting you can try to getElementByID("checkpoint (1)") and move it using setElementPosition(). I am not sure that it'll work.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10-8-2016 at 5:07 PM, AleksCore said:

Everything is possible. I guess need to script custom checkpoints and place normal checkpoint only at finish. Also if you familiar with scripting you can try to getElementByID("checkpoint (1)") and move it using setElementPosition(). I am not sure that it'll work.

I tried the getElementByID() and setElementPosition() option but it doesn't work, the checkpoint seems pinned to its location. As if it is created on the location specified in the .map file and you can't change it afterwards.

Tried something more and it works (somewhat). See the video below to see the moving markers in action.

To explain what you are seeing:

• There are 2 sorts of checkpoints, small and large. The small ones are 'fake' and act as subtitute for the real ones. The real ones are 'large' and are created like normal CP's in the .map file.
  • The fake finish CP moves between two locations on the X axis.
  • The fake first CP has an arrow which is targeted at the position of the finish (updates every second).

Limitations:

• When entering a fake CP the car may stop, still need to fix that.
  • The first CP is flickering every second because the arrow is updated to target at the right finish location (don't think I can fix that).

Update: I think I fixed the sudden stop of the car when entering a marker by using getElementVelocity() and setElementVelocity().

Edited by Bierbuikje