⚠️DATA BREACH ⚠️ ×
Mr. Green Gaming

Bierbuikje's maps

• 2 weeks later...

There is gm for the first 5 cp by default on mr green, after that you're either lucky or fucked whether it stays on or not. :P

I also thought about NTS version for Mix, it was mentioned too by others but I first have to take a look into the NTS script because it might interfere with my script. I do not exactly know how that one is designed.

Edited by Bierbuikje
1 hour ago, Bierbuikje said:

There is gm for the first 5 cp by default on mr green, after that you're either lucky or fucked whether it stays on or not. :P

I also thought about NTS version for Mix, it was mentioned too by others but I first have to take a look into the NTS script because it might interfere with my script. I do not exactly know how that one is designed.

full gm could be added by mapmanager if it will need to be

Edited by Ryuu
dikke map
8 hours ago, Bierbuikje said:

Same as race, it just rerolls  cars randomly , not a big difference

I've added a NTS version of the map to the map database and an update for the race version with some improvements in the script. Also the downloads for the maps are now available in the opening post of this topic. It includes the race version and two NTS versions. The file called nts-ChasetheCheckpoint.zip is a normal race gamemode and compatible with all servers. The file called nts-ChasetheCheckpointMrgreen.zip is only compatible with the mrgreen plugin.

I can't seem to find a fix with the little lag that sometimes appears when hitting a checkpoint. I think it has to do with fps. When you hit a checkpoint you're teleported to the real CP and back to the arena within a millisecond. I tried some things with camera and velocity but that didn't work, an option would be to only have one real CP and teleport the player to it at the finish checkpoint, but then ghostmode would be turned on for the whole map or no ghostmode at all. If another scripter here knows a fix please take a look into the script. :P The teleporting takes place at the bottom of the raakMarker() function.

1 hour ago, Bierbuikje said:

I've added a NTS version of the map to the map database and an update for the race version with some improvements in the script. Also the downloads for the maps are now available in the opening post of this topic. It includes the race version and two NTS versions. The file called nts-ChasetheCheckpoint.zip is a normal race gamemode and compatible with all servers. The file called nts-ChasetheCheckpointMrgreen.zip is only compatible with the mrgreen plugin.

I can't seem to find a fix with the little lag that sometimes appears when hitting a checkpoint. I think it has to do with fps. When you hit a checkpoint you're teleported to the real CP and back to the arena within a millisecond. I tried some things with camera and velocity but that didn't work, an option would be to only have one real CP and teleport the player to it at the finish checkpoint, but then ghostmode would be turned on for the whole map or no ghostmode at all. If another scripter here knows a fix please take a look into the script. :P The teleporting takes place at the bottom of the raakMarker() function.

I LUV U!

I've made a new map, it's called Hydratastic! The map is a long track with only 3 checkpoints which you need to take while flying a hydra. On the way you encounter some obstacles, but for the advanced hydra pilot this map shouldn't be too hard. Mostly it was a new method of me of sending server data to client and rotating huge, multiple objects. It contains a server side lua script which sends 'ticks' to the client to make sure the obstacles are sync for everyone. :)

I have limited the map duration to only 2 minutes and 53 seconds so the map won't play too long if all the players fail horribly.

On 22/09/2016 at 5:26 PM, Bierbuikje said:

Mostly it was a new method of me of sending server data to client and rotating huge, multiple objects. It contains a server side lua script which sends 'ticks' to the client to make sure the obstacles are sync for everyone

You shouldn't have to do that, if you rotate objects serverside it will be synced to the clients automatically (and in a more efficient and safer way). Nice job though, I always wanted maps like this, keep on creating!

Wouldn't it be a huge data transfer from server to client? In total the map rotates about 40 objects and for each object an additional 30 objects attached to it. I figured if I rotated everything serverside it might have a lot of data sended to everyone. Now it only sends a number and the client uses the number to calculate how much the objects need to be rotated.

If not needed, I will not do that in future maps. ;)

Serverside moveObject probably is better because triggerClientEvent has more delay and more overhead data (you can even notice the objects stuttering a bit in the vid)

But honestly it doesn't matter much, if it works and is fun it works, so keep mapping

Guest F1MADKILLER
On 22/09/2016 at 4:26 PM, Bierbuikje said:

I've made a new map, it's called Hydratastic! The map is a long track with only 3 checkpoints which you need to take while flying a hydra. On the way you encounter some obstacles, but for the advanced hydra pilot this map shouldn't be too hard. Mostly it was a new method of me of sending server data to client and rotating huge, multiple objects. It contains a server side lua script which sends 'ticks' to the client to make sure the obstacles are sync for everyone. :)

I have limited the map duration to only 2 minutes and 53 seconds so the map won't play too long if all the players fail horribly.

will there be a version for mix with diffrent planes (some how disable copters and slower planes)

Uploaded an update for better object movements (using moveObject) and added more cp's. There is also a NTS version but that one may be a bit too hard, barely finished it myself. I removed the cp's in NTS mode (except for the finish cp) because the normal NTS mode can spawn a AT-400 or andromada for example. That means if you die you have to start over again. So maybe the map doesn't fit in the NTS mode, and requires a whole new map.

Guest F1MADKILLER
50 minutes ago, Bierbuikje said:

Uploaded an update for better object movements (using moveObject) and added more cp's. There is also a NTS version but that one may be a bit too hard, barely finished it myself. I removed the cp's in NTS mode (except for the finish cp) because the normal NTS mode can spawn a AT-400 or andromada for example. That means if you die you have to start over again. So maybe the map doesn't fit in the NTS mode, and requires a whole new map.

Do it maybe for RTF mode as a unique RTF