Mr. Green Gaming

Combine Harvester must be deleted from Mix

waspy.

In NTS mode we all get angry when we get sweepers, forklifts, dozers, etc. But when you get a Combine Harvester you don't only screw your own race because the vehicle gets "stuck" when passing through a tiny road because of the posts but screw others as well. So basically the Huge Machine blocks the way. In Destruction Derby its not possible to drive it because of its length. (the only vehicle you can't drive on the track unless its not the classical DD track) To my mind it should be deleted.

I disagree, in NTS you need some luck. Sometimes you have bad luck and you get a combine harvester but the reroll function solves this bad luck for a part. The players behind this combine harvester only share a bit of this bad luck but most maps give plenty of space to overtake the player. If this vehicle is removed some other vehicle will be the next worst vehicle in NTS so players will argue to remove that one.

Edited by Bierbuikje
1 hour ago, Bierbuikje said:

I disagree, in NTS you need some luck. Sometimes you have bad luck and you get a combine harvester but the reroll function solves this bad luck for a part. The players behind this combine harvester only share a bit of this bad luck but most maps give plenty of space to overtake the player. If this vehicle is removed some other vehicle will be the next worst vehicle in NTS so players will argue to remove that one.

I agree, nts is about luck. Also there is nothing better than seeing the guy in front of u get a harvester or some other crap car.:D

1 hour ago, neox. said:

I personally agree. Today I couldn't get through the San Fierro's golden gate toll as the last car I got was combine... let's hope someone will say 'soon'

Very strange to read these words from the Mix Map Assitant, one of the crew members in charge of making sure these issues don't occur in maps. If a map forces you to drive through the SF toll gate, you should immediately have the map fixed or removed. Same with any other map that contains spaces too narrow, hills too steep or tunnels too low for all vehicles to go through.

And sure, Grizzly, it happens all too often that a person drives up the small ledge leading to SF Freeway in a Combine, and you are stuck behind him because there is no room to pass. If avoiding these clusterfuck situations are your main goal, then we should not only remove the Combine but also the Dumper, Packer, Monster Trucks, buses, fire trucks... in fact, let's just delete all the inconvenient vehicles and stick to the fastest ones and we are back to making race maps again.

Just saying... the core charm of NTS is it's randomness and chaos. That is exactly what makes it so different from race. In Race, there is always 100% consistency, 100% the same for everyone and the goal for racers is to create the most stability, to master the most knowledge, minimize the odds and eventually to puzzle out the fastest route to take and get closest to the absolute perfect answer to the course. In Never The Same, it is the opposite, it is about constantly dealing with unexpected scenario's, quickly succumbing to things happening around you, to maximize the little influence you have but you will never have your fate fully in your hands. I think it's important that the supply of influential elements (the vehicles) should be big and diverse, while not losing balance (which is why RC Choppers are removed because their lack of speed and control differ too much from other vehicles). But all these factors per player, make situations even more diverse with more players around you, who themselves form an unexpectable aspect of your journey.

And vortex, I really don't understand what the problem with that is, yes it is a unique vehicle but that to me is just a good reason to keep it in rotation.

There is actually one vehicle I would like to see removed from play, and that is the big ass plane. AT-400, or Andromada, or maybe even both, not sure. That goes beyond the league of how map makers can deal with limitations. They are just too gigantic to fit in the rest of the gameplay.

Last thing. The original Never The Same map, after thousands of plays, still being by far the most favourited map and being bought a couple of times every day. And yet, every single time I see people not being able to fit their vehicle into the tunnel. Hello? Map managers? I'd really like to know why that bug has never been fixed.

1 hour ago, BlueYoshi97 said:

Very strange to read these words from the Mix Map Assitant, one of the crew members in charge of making sure these issues don't occur in maps. If a map forces you to drive through the SF toll gate, you should immediately have the map fixed or removed. Same with any other map that contains spaces too narrow, hills too steep or tunnels too low for all vehicles to go through.

And sure, Grizzly, it happens all too often that a person drives up the small ledge leading to SF Freeway in a Combine, and you are stuck behind him because there is no room to pass. If avoiding these clusterfuck situations are your main goal, then we should not only remove the Combine but also the Dumper, Packer, Monster Trucks, buses, fire trucks... in fact, let's just delete all the inconvenient vehicles and stick to the fastest ones and we are back to making race maps again.

Just saying... the core charm of NTS is it's randomness and chaos. That is exactly what makes it so different from race. In Race, there is always 100% consistency, 100% the same for everyone and the goal for racers is to create the most stability, to master the most knowledge, minimize the odds and eventually to puzzle out the fastest route to take and get closest to the absolute perfect answer to the course. In Never The Same, it is the opposite, it is about constantly dealing with unexpected scenario's, quickly succumbing to things happening around you, to maximize the little influence you have but you will never have your fate fully in your hands. I think it's important that the supply of influential elements (the vehicles) should be big and diverse, while not losing balance (which is why RC Choppers are removed because their lack of speed and control differ too much from other vehicles). But all these factors per player, make situations even more diverse with more players around you, who themselves form an unexpectable aspect of your journey.

And vortex, I really don't understand what the problem with that is, yes it is a unique vehicle but that to me is just a good reason to keep it in rotation.

There is actually one vehicle I would like to see removed from play, and that is the big ass plane. AT-400, or Andromada, or maybe even both, not sure. That goes beyond the league of how map makers can deal with limitations. They are just too gigantic to fit in the rest of the gameplay.

Last thing. The original Never The Same map, after thousands of plays, still being by far the most favourited map and being bought a couple of times every day. And yet, every single time I see people not being able to fit their vehicle into the tunnel. Hello? Map managers? I'd really like to know why that bug has never been fixed.

"I'm neither good at explaining stuff".. Yoshi, wake up..

13 hours ago, Bierbuikje said:

give me 1k gc, for reroll :)

Yep, combines are a huge issue on pretty much any NTS that includes navigating through the city, one pole and you're completely screwed as well as everyone behind you. In DD it not only makes you stuck but sometimes makes you fall off the edge because as soon as you get the combine you become 4x as wide which makes you unbalanced af, considering you're standing on a single shade platform. +1 remove that and fix reroll for boats ffs :D

19 hours ago, BlueYoshi97 said:

pls

Edited by neox.

This thread is so moronic. Original poster completely misunderstood NTS. NTS is for real men, if you don't want harvester go to race...

I was then gonna cum all over yoshi's entry until I read the last paragraphs, criticizing the andromeda and the utmost of sacrileges criticizing the original Never the Same map, which is like this forum's Quran. Totally unacceptable. But the rest was fapgasmic and there I was, ready to annoint Yoshi with Fap Knighthood.

NTS is supposed to annoy you. In fact in keeping with the logic of NTS sainthood, it should annoy you even more, with RC Barons, pot plants, RC cars, RC fapters, shooting tanks, shooting RC barons, you name it, there should be way more variability than there is now when awesome parts of the original NTS have been watered-down.

Trimming down NTS is like eroding our civil liberties. ''First they came for the RC cars and I didn't complain cuz I was a combined harvester. Then they came for my confident plucky combined harvester ass and there was no one left to complain about me being whisked away in the middle of the night to get raped by hoards of infernus cocks in a cockcentration camp. And now look at me, a bukkaked combined harvester, getting used by all the schmucks in the car dump yard, yall happy now?

Edited by TheMoose
20 hours ago, TheMoose said:

This thread is so moronic. Original poster completely misunderstood NTS. NTS is for real men, if you don't want harvester go to race...

I was then gonna cum all over yoshi's entry until I read the last paragraphs, criticizing the andromeda and the utmost of sacrileges criticizing the original Never the Same map, which is like this forum's Quran. Totally unacceptable. But the rest was fapgasmic and there I was, ready to annoint Yoshi with Fap Knighthood.

NTS is supposed to annoy you. In fact in keeping with the logic of NTS sainthood, it should annoy you even more, with RC Barons, pot plants, RC cars, RC fapters, shooting tanks, shooting RC barons, you name it, there should be way more variability than there is now when awesome parts of the original NTS have been watered-down.

Trimming down NTS is like eroding our civil liberties. ''First they came for the RC cars and I didn't complain cuz I was a combined harvester. Then they came for my confident plucky combined harvester ass and there was no one left to complain about me being whisked away in the middle of the night to get raped by hoards of infernus cocks in a cockcentration camp. And now look at me, a bukkaked combined harvester, getting used by all the schmucks in the car dump yard, yall happy now?

+1

..soon they'll want us to stop smoking and drinking alcohol roflmao

• 2 weeks later...