Mr. Green Gaming

DeathMatch gamemode does not belong to the Race server.

DM gone from RACE?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want DeathMatch maps to be removed from the Race server?

It's time somebody made such a topic. What are DM maps doing on a Race server? RACE and DM are two completely different gamemodes for MTA. The Race server should have mainly race maps. Having DM maps there is same as putting DD in the Race server, no difference at all.

So here I'm asking the people who play at the Race server (Mix players shouldn't really vote on this one as it's not concerning them) to vote in the poll and/or express their opinions about the subject. It's not normal to have [a lot of] [FOTL]Ryan and Benox.exe maps on a racing server. Both authors are DeathMatch players after all so they don't know how to make racing maps but why are people forced to play something that shouldn't be there in the first place? (or to wait until it's over)

Edited by MegasXLR
11 minutes ago, Gametaff said:

I Agree with Megas and please delete all maps like I wanna find my destiny, Happy Bike and similars, those maps are not even made for race and would fit better in mix as rtf maps, just saying

It doesn't belong to mix either and I did start deleting/declining DM maps for few weeks now.

16 minutes ago, Ywa said:

Are we talking about DM maps that we've added checkpoints to? Cus I do think those belong on race. If they only have 1 checkpoint or so: sure. Totally different.

It's the same. 1 or 100 checkpoints, it isn't race. + people like Grander still keep buying those and just afk when they come. Mass of players leave when such maps come (see logs) and the ones that still have some hope left go afk.

So two mix players voted with 'no' and one mix guy with 'yes' which means we got 2 yes and 0 no :).

Edited by MegasXLR
6 minutes ago, Ywa said:

What does define a race then?

Do you have map name for me which is a DM and you want to get removed? I'll give it a play.

And no name in particular. They're all the same. Just any Benox or Ryan map (or any of the DeathMatch kind).

Edited by MegasXLR

I understand your problem with it but I don't mind having them. Maybe we can solve part of the issue by adjusting the map time to the top 1's time + 10% or so. Especially for Destiny when everybody fails the map can take the whole of 10 (or 20) minutes. If we adjust it to the top1 time the ones who bought it have a chance of a clean run on the map (and 1 fail) and maps like DM or Destiny would only be 2 to 3 minutes.

7 hours ago, Gametaff said:

Yep, nobody gives a damn, most of the admins who replied are guys who play on mix so what do you expect lol. It's just ridiculous how people still buying maps like this and then going afk or smth

Well, you are wrong. Only Flipper and I are mix players and the rest of the admins who rpelied are race players. Flipper only said welcome back to Megas and I said that it doesn't belong to mix either. The rest of the admins who replied are admins who play in race and they still refused to remove it.

22 hours ago, Bierbuikje said:

I understand your problem with it but I don't mind having them. Maybe we can solve part of the issue by adjusting the map time to the top 1's time + 10% or so. Especially for Destiny when everybody fails the map can take the whole of 10 (or 20) minutes. If we adjust it to the top1 time the ones who bought it have a chance of a clean run on the map (and 1 fail) and maps like DM or Destiny would only be 2 to 3 minutes.

That's a good idea actually. Make the max time depend on what time is 'normal'.

Put these kind of shitty maps like destiny and happy bike to the mix server as rtf, none of those crap maps has something to do with race, i perfectly remember when the mix server was just created, and binslayer said kind of such maps will be uploaded to the mix, because they dont belong to race server. I know no one here gives actually a shit about this post and especially my opinion but i have got nothing against the classic dm maps which used to be on race all the time, but happybike and few more maps are just ridiculous, even more ridiculous is that it gets uploaded to the wrong place, most of you mix players dont even know, some day there will be again a D-DAY when over 500 maps will be deleted of race, because they r just shit

11 minutes ago, r0cK said:

What's wrong by adding a [DM] mode into mix? And get rid of the shitty [CTF] and [CARGAME]

There should be a dm server from before. I could collaborate with the dm maps for the server DM or gamemode. But they need the Hunter Times and respawn limit.

Edited by Santiii733
58 minutes ago, r0cK said:

What's wrong by adding a [DM] mode into mix? And get rid of the shitty [CTF] and [CARGAME]

DM doesn't fit into mix. DM is made for players who practice and remember the map (in general those maps needs skilled players). Mix doesn't need these type of gamemodes. Mix wants gamemodes which needs "skills" and "LUCK" and by that way mix is totally different. 

CTF is the heart and soul of mix u turd @r0cK :wub:

CTF also needs better map makers as it has so much potential.

I can't believe no map maker makes better maps for it.

I may have to learn map making myself.

DM belongs in race as race is all about skill. If anything, because let's face it it doesn't belong in race either, and if i were a racer I'd be annoyed as fuck by DM.

Mix is about idiots. DM is also extremely fucking annoying in mix because it's the polar opposite of what mix is.

I voted no so you don't dump the shitty DM on mix.

It's clear, there needs to be an extra room on Mr. GREEN for the players who like DM. It might also attract more players when this room is added.

As you can see the majority of the voters don't want to delete these DM maps. 

I wonder if you are going to listen to the people's vote or still going to follow your own thoughts and act like a dictator. 

Edited by r0cK