Mr. Green Gaming

[SUGGESTION] New gamemode for MIX - DM-Race ( Without Hunter )

r0cK

Would you like to see PTF in the server and move all DM-based maps to this mode.  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see PTF in the server and move all DM-based maps to this mode.

Dear people,

Lately a lot is going on around the fact maps used for DM gamemodes are taking the upperhand in the race and mix server.

A lot of people are not happy with this fact so I came up with an idea which could solve all the controversy.

First of all I want to explain DM - DeathMatch to all of you

In this gamemode you are meant to do a parcours map without dying and catch a hunter on the end of the map.

If you didn't make it to the hunter you either died by failing the map or being shot by someone who shot you with that hunter.

In that case you are forced to spectate till the map ends and one player survived the map and vanished all other players alive.

Now I would like to introduce  DM-Race which came up in my head since all the DM controversy

This gamemode is a mix of DM, RTF and Race gamemode.

Basically this gamemode is situated in the same maps made for DM, instead of 1 life during this map we work with checkpoints where you can respawn during the journey towards the finish.

Talking about a finish, this is also a difference compared with the DM gamemode. Instead of taking a hunter and killing all other living players you just drive in the FINISH checkpoint just as you would in Race or NTS.

If we could add this gamemode in the MIX server you could get rid of all DM-BASED maps in Race,RTF and move these maps to this DM-Race mode. This way Race can be the oldschool Race again and RTF can be RTF again as lately RTF begins to look like DM.

Maybe this is a good moment to make a poll and decide if we can get rit of a gamemode the majority of the players do not like and place DM-Race instead.

In short DM-Race looks like DM but made in RACE-GAMEMODE with DM-based maps and checkpoints without hunter on the end.

I also have the suggestion for the uploaded DM-Race maps which are based on DM maps, to keep these at a playe-able level and not make maps no-one can finish. Let's call it grade 1/easy-mediocre DM based maps to keep it fun for everyone and make the majority of the players  to be able to finish the map.

*My idea is just to bring fun maps; ( as wallrides and loopings are fun ) to the MIX server with checkpoints to respawn. That way new people can practice during their journey and don't have to wait the whole map to spectate the ones going to the finish.

I made a stand-alone topic about this so we can keep a clean eye on everyone's feedback and opinions.

All feedback is welcome.

Edited by r0cK
Changed gamemode to DM-Race

Personally I like the bit of diversity these DM and skill maps give to the race server and if it gets too hard or there is a different reason the map managers can decide on deleting it. So I wouldn't be in favor of removing them from the race server, although I believe the map lengths could be shortened drastically as I mentioned in the other topic to prevent players from failing 10 minutes before the map ends.

12 minutes ago, Bierbuikje said:

Personally I like the bit of diversity these DM and skill maps give to the race server and if it gets too hard or there is a different reason the map managers can decide on deleting it. So I wouldn't be in favor of removing them from the race server, although I believe the map lengths could be shortened drastically as I mentioned in the other topic to prevent players from failing 10 minutes before the map ends.

Personally myself I like them too but it was just a suggestion as DMbased maps are not going to be accepted in rtf anymore as easy as before as the map managers say ''  RTF is not meant for DMbased maps '' therefore PTF could be a nice addition to play some oldschool easy dm maps and not confuse it with rtf anymore. As it is driving @Cena crazy. :D

Edited by r0cK
7 minutes ago, r0cK said:

Personally myself I like them too but it was just a suggestion as DMbased maps are not going to be accepted in rtf anymore as easy as before as the map managers say ''  RTF is not meant for DMbased maps '' therefore PTF could be a nice addition to play some oldschool easy dm maps and not confuse it with rtf anymore. As it is driving @Cena crazy. :D

Its not driving me crazy or anything. RTF can't be mixed with DM. If managers have other opinion on that then I won't say a thing and do what they say :)  If Flipper/Yoshi wants DM to be added I won't say no, but I won't take responsibilty of it in the future if players do topics for deleting DM maps (Just like now doing topics to add DM). 

Same thing with Hunter mode. A lot of players want it back now. Back in the days no one did.  

8 minutes ago, Cena said:

Its not driving me crazy or anything. RTF can't be mixed with DM. If managers have other opinion on that then I won't say a thing and do what they say :)  If Flipper/Yoshi wants DM to be added I won't say no, but I won't take responsibilty of it in the future if players do topics for deleting DM maps (Just like now doing topics to add DM). 

Same thing with Hunter mode. A lot of players want it back now. Back in the days no one did.  

I can follow your opinion but therefore you guys map managers are here. - if - PTF might be added in the future make sure you only accept the easy, mid range DMbased maps. That way newbies can practice and eventually finish the maps after a few times. That way RTF can be RTF again and the confusing between DM and RTF is history. 

Edited by r0cK
2 minutes ago, r0cK said:

I can follow your opinion but therefore you guys map managers are here. - if - PTF might be added in the future make sure you only accept the easy, mid range DMbased maps. That way newbies can practice and eventually finish the maps after a few times. That way RTF can be RTF again and the confusing about DM and RTF is history. 

I do accept DM maps, but just not all of them anymore. I want at least 50% of the online players to be able to finish it. If I don't see that while testing it. I won't accept. Of course first time is an exception, because "new" map and you still getting used to it, but while I'm testing a map I need to see that most players aren't complaining about it or at least having hope into trying again after they fail. I haven't tested a map for so long and I have told Gold and Nitrox to check uploaded maps ONLY for now (till I'm active again). I talked with Gold and Nitrox and told them not to check reported maps, because some of them needs just simple edit in the map file and the map will be perfect again (they can't do that). Gold and Nitrox are doing more than good so far and I do like their job. When I started to accept DM maps few months ago (~6 months ago) most of the players used to be able to finish the map. Those players mostly left the server/community and the current players are new incommers. By allowing DM for new incommers and a "total" noob player to the server. He will just leave and the reasons are "hard map" "maps gets repeated (when players vote 2)". He would wanna try something else so he can enjoy and win like "NTS" "CG" DD" and also "CTF" because those gamemodes requires LUCK with skills (not skills alone).  

Also that sentence in the mapping rules. It says that ONLY 1 player will finish so try to keep it simple as well. The way I look at the new DM maps are not simple at all.

RTF maps should have an high level of difficulty to finish, but take in consideration that only 1 player will win so try keep it simple as well.

6 minutes ago, besweeet said:

DM maps in mix are marked as RTF maps, so only one person will finish. That's not fun if you move all DM maps from race to mix.

you just drive in the FINISH checkpoint just as you would in Race or NTS.

:). @r0cK just wants a seperate place for that kind of maps, not to put them in RTF.

Edited by MegasXLR
And yea, I know RTF sux.
20 minutes ago, MegasXLR said:

you just drive in the FINISH checkpoint just as you would in Race or NTS.

:). @r0cK just wants a seperate place for that kind of maps, not to put them in RTF.

@besweeet yes, read the whole thing again, seems like you don't quite get the idea of it. It's not DM like I explained already in this post. There are more people to finish this... It's the same mode as race but based in maps they use in DM servers.

On 12.01.2017. at 2:02 AM, r0cK said:

Dear people,

Lately a lot is going on around the fact maps used for DM gamemodes are taking the upperhand in the race and mix server.

A lot of people are not happy with this fact so I came up with an idea which could solve all the controversy.

First of all I want to explain DM - DeathMatch to all of you

In this gamemode you are meant to do a parcours map without dying and catch a hunter on the end of the map.

If you didn't make it to the hunter you either died by failing the map or being shot by someone who shot you with that hunter.

In that case you are forced to spectate till the map ends and one player survived the map and vanished all other players alive.

Now I would like to introduce  PTF - Parcours To Finish  which came up in my head since all the DM controversy

This gamemode is a mix of DM, RTF and Race gamemode.

Basically this gamemode is situated in the same maps made for DM, instead of 1 life during this map we work with checkpoints where you can respawn during the journey towards the finish.

Talking about a finish, this is also a difference compared with the DM gamemode. Instead of taking a hunter and killing all other living players you just drive in the FINISH checkpoint just as you would in Race or NTS.

If we could add this gamemode in the MIX server you could get rid of all DM-BASED maps in Race,RTF and move these maps to this PTF mode. This way Race can be the oldschool Race again and RTF can be RTF again as lately RTF begins to look like DM.

Maybe this is a good moment to make a poll and decide if we can get rit of a gamemode the majority of the players do not like and place PTF instead.

In short PTF looks like DM but made in RACE-GAMEMODE with DM-based maps and checkpoints.

I also have the suggestion for the uploaded PTF maps which are based on DM maps, to keep these at a playe-able level and not make maps no-one can finish. Let's call it grade 1/easy-mediocre DM based maps to keep it fun for everyone and make the majority of the players  to be able to finish the map.

I made a stand-alone topic about this so we can keep a clean eye on everyone's feedback and opinions.

All feedback is welcome.

Isnt this same as I wanna find my destiny on race server, u have CPs and its DM

1 minute ago, Flipper said:

Isnt this same as I wanna find my destiny on race server, u have CPs and its DM

Yes, but as BesWeet said I need to rename this mode to Deathmatch: Race. The maps from Destiny are parcours, I'm talking about DM based maps with checkpoints without hunter and a finish checkpoint.

Edited by r0cK

You know.. I hope you all get my point. There's a simple boat on capsize, showing off that the servers are also capsizing. I've been told of that long ago, and I somehow I agreed and disagreed at the same time, agreed because I could appreciate how we were losing players from our community and not random players, we were losing our "all time"  players, like if they had enough of playing it, or either because they couldn't play due to scripts that used to kick them and therefore not being able to play.. anyway, let's set this apart. I don't want any offense taken here, it's an objective view, server went improving and growing as the time was passing, new scripts, new interfaces, new forums.. and I really liked these changes, I could appreciate how my most enjoyable server to play was changing to good. Until, like all of the sudden it started to become something boring and then stand there watching how many of the people you knew and you used to enjoy a lot playing with them were leaving. Mappers.. some mappers who used to take effort making their maps, and taking their time to make them, either if it took one week, and then enjoy it without conveniences, their maps were liked by most, and disliked by haters, they didn't have to deal against map managers because their maps were being deleted. Now it really looks like these mappers who have bunch of maps all of the sudden, those mappers who didn't even have a map 3 months ago, now the server is full of them. Do you want to know the reason? it's pretty simple, what we used to call effort now it's hurry up, mate!  With that expression I want to show off how mappers lost the concept of taking time, of putting effort into their work; some mappers want to start a map and finish it as fast as possible, then upload it and start a new other to let themselves be known on the server.  But you either do your job very fast, decently and end up as a hero, or do it fast, without effort and end up as a villain. Most of these mappers who create a bunch of maps in a day or in a week usually get many maps deleted, since it's just.. bad, no other adjectives are needed.. they are really simple, with parts where people get stuck or bugged due to the loose person who does not even test their own maps before uploading it, then these mappers get triggered by getting their maps deleted. The concept of maps is one of the most popular and most talked, and it might not seem an important thread, but for sure it is, without maps it's like a person without eyes, everything's black, no maps are avaliable to load on a server, so it's pointless. Deathmatch.. oh, that gamemode that many people likes now, and I won't disagree with that, I like DM. In fact, it was the first gamemode I used to play and enjoy. But what happened there? some people tried to fit this gamemode into a server that wasn't for that, most of the players can't finish a DM map.. WHY? OH GOD TELL US WHY? because they like destruction derby, never the same, shooter; simple gamemodes that don't require many skills, neither it's about skills, it's about having fun, the concept of calling yourself pro because you can finish DM is hypocrite, and also applies to NTS, my favourite gamemode, it's about luck and having two hands, come on.. because this server wasn't made for that, neither I'd agree with the famous map 'A Great Adventure' but if you want to know the real thing behind this map is the battle between me and @besweeet, it's only about that, without him I would actually be AFK like I do on every new DM map that is being uploaded. A brief review of all what I said.. this server was meant to have fun, not to be skilled, a place where casual players can play peacefully, and either for those who really like it and decide to stay, just like me and many others. Maps used to take author's effort, now it's about re-upload a DM and add your name or finishing it as fast as possible. I don't blame your idea, @r0cK, there always have to be ideas, but I just found the perfect moment to say what's happening. I won't talk about the race server, although it seems to be alright, dunno at all, race players might know that better than me. I've certainly stopped enjoying what old days used to be, and I'm sure many others who I know as well. 

After all of this bible written, either way if you've read it or not, I hope you get the point. Apologies in advance for those who always hate opinions and disagree with everything that isn't their opinion. (doesn't mean it has to be you, so calm your tits down). 

1 minute ago, neox. said:

You know.. I hope you all get my point. There's a simple boat on capsize, showing off that the servers are also capsizing. I've been told of that long ago, and I somehow I agreed and disagreed at the same time, agreed because I could appreciate how we were losing players from our community and not random players, we were losing our "all time"  players, like if they had enough of playing it, or either because they couldn't play due to scripts that used to kick them and therefore not being able to play.. anyway, let's set this apart. I don't want any offense taken here, it's an objective view, server went improving and growing as the time was passing, new scripts, new interfaces, new forums.. and I really liked these changes, I could appreciate how my most enjoyable server to play was changing to good. Until, like all of the sudden it started to become something boring and then stand there watching how many of the people you knew and you used to enjoy a lot playing with them were leaving. Mappers.. some mappers who used to take effort making their maps, and taking their time to make them, either if it took one week, and then enjoy it without conveniences, their maps were liked by most, and disliked by haters, they didn't have to deal against map managers because their maps were being deleted. Now it really looks like these mappers who have bunch of maps all of the sudden, those mappers who didn't even have a map 3 months ago, now the server is full of them. Do you want to know the reason? it's pretty simple, what we used to call effort now it's hurry up, mate!  With that expression I want to show off how mappers lost the concept of taking time, of putting effort into their work; some mappers want to start a map and finish it as fast as possible, then upload it and start a new other to let themselves be known on the server.  But you either do your job very fast, decently and end up as a hero, or do it fast, without effort and end up as a villain. Most of these mappers who create a bunch of maps in a day or in a week usually get many maps deleted, since it's just.. bad, no other adjectives are needed.. they are really simple, with parts where people get stuck or bugged due to the loose person who does not even test their own maps before uploading it, then these mappers get triggered by getting their maps deleted. The concept of maps is one of the most popular and most talked, and it might not seem an important thread, but for sure it is, without maps it's like a person without eyes, everything's black, no maps are avaliable to load on a server, so it's pointless. Deathmatch.. oh, that gamemode that many people likes now, and I won't disagree with that, I like DM. In fact, it was the first gamemode I used to play and enjoy. But what happened there? some people tried to fit this gamemode into a server that wasn't for that, most of the players can't finish a DM map.. WHY? OH GOD TELL US WHY? because they like destruction derby, never the same, shooter; simple gamemodes that don't require many skills, neither it's about skills, it's about having fun, the concept of calling yourself pro because you can finish DM is hypocrite, and also applies to NTS, my favourite gamemode, it's about luck and having two hands, come on.. because this server wasn't made for that, neither I'd agree with the famous map 'A Great Adventure' but if you want to know the real thing behind this map is the battle between me and @besweeet, it's only about that, without him I would actually be AFK like I do on every new DM map that is being uploaded. A brief review of all what I said.. this server was meant to have fun, not to be skilled, a place where casual players can play peacefully, and either for those who really like it and decide to stay, just like me and many others. Maps used to take author's effort, now it's about re-upload a DM and add your name or finishing it as fast as possible. I don't blame your idea, @r0cK, there always have to be ideas, but I just found the perfect moment to say what's happening. I won't talk about the race server, although it seems to be alright, dunno at all, race players might know that better than me. I've certainly stopped enjoying what old days used to be, and I'm sure many others who I know as well. 

After all of this bible written, either way if you've read it or not, I hope you get the point. Apologies in advance for those who always hate opinions and disagree with everything that isn't their opinion. (doesn't mean it has to be you, so calm your tits down). 

HOLY SHIT NEOX WTF IS ALL OF THAT!! GONNA SPEND THE REST OF MY LIFE READING IT

4 minutes ago, neox. said:

and then stand there watching how many of the people you knew and you used to enjoy a lot playing with them were leaving

That's why you be nice to the new players and get to know them :).

I just see things differently but I find both servers to be as fun as they always are. Sure, some of the recent maps that have been added aren't that great, but there are still plenty of good ones.

So: I like r0ck's idea of having a gamemode focus specifically on DM|Race maps in mix.