Mr. Green Gaming

[POLL] What to do about bad maps?

What should be done about bad maps?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. What should be done about bad maps?

• Remove ALL maps that have more dislikes than likes (even if the margin is slim)
    • Remove maps ONLY if they have a lot more dislikes than likes (we'll have to come up with a standard ratio based on times played)
    • Deal with the bad maps (life isn't fair, so deal with the maps by learning to play them like everyone else)
    • Other (describe in a post)

Just now, Gametaff said:

Plus the players who don't even know the forums exist and complain in the main chat, yeah there are a lot of them

We don't know that. As mentioned on the other thread, maybe they might not like a map, but don't think it's worth coming to a forum to complain. So, maybe they just deal with it.

Some of you guys remind me of the anti-Trump supporters who cry, complain and bitch about every little thing that they possibly can.

4 minutes ago, besweeet said:

We don't know that. As mentioned on the other thread, maybe they might not like a map, but don't think it's worth coming to a forum to complain. So, maybe they just deal with it.

Some of you guys remind me of the anti-Trump supporters who cry, complain and bitch about every little thing that they possibly can.

What we want you to understand (well not specially you, the map managers) is that we're not the only one who are complaining about this, yeah we may be like 3 or 4 in the forums but you're ignoring

1. The HUGE amount of dislikes that many of the shit maps are getting and yet you guys don't care about it

2. The number of people asking for a proper solution here and you shouldn't count only the guys in the forums, also the random regular players Mr.Green gets EVERYDAY and say the truth about those maps, they are crap. Don't you guys realise when any of those kind of maps starts you lose a lot of players? It's pretty obvious let me tell you

3. The opinion of players who have been playing in this server FOR YEARS as @MegasXLR already said before requesting the deletion of maps such as I wanna find my destiny/bicycle or however it's called, Happy bike and all those shitty bugged maps that has nothing to do with race and are bought with the only purpose of trolling the guys who actually are playing in the race server. I've personally seen people buying these crappy maps and staying afk 1 cp before the finish just for trolling.

Also, this problem has nothing to do with Trump and that comparation was really stupid :/

1. The HUGE amount of dislikes that many of the shit maps are getting and yet you guys don't care about it

Again, just because a map has a lot of dislikes doesn't mean it's shit. It could just be from a bunch of players who are bad at the map...

2. The number of people asking for a proper solution here and you shouldn't count only the guys in the forums, also the random regular players Mr.Green gets EVERYDAY and say the truth about those maps, they are crap. Don't you guys realise when any of those kind of maps starts you lose a lot of players? It's pretty obvious let me tell you

I think if you look at the average amount of players per hour throughout the past 7 years, it's not on the decline, but it's probably the same. Why do most people in the server actually play a map instead of rage-AFK or quitting?

I've personally seen people buying these crappy maps and staying afk 1 cp before the finish just for trolling.

These are bad people. :devil:

56 minutes ago, besweeet said:

Just going to put my thoughts about the matter out here.

I would like to start out with poiting out that your argument about people not complaining on the forum is irrelevant and not valid. People are complaining, both on the forums and ingame. Currently, on both servers, you can either choose to like or dislike the map after playing one. There are several maps where an overwhelming majority has selected the option to dislike the map. The dislike option obviously represents the amount of people who are in favor of its removal. I have to admit that there may be a few players who are not as good in the game as some, but the question is, is this still relevant when there are 100 more dislikes than likes on a single map. Probably not. 

It is true that most do not complain about bad maps on the forum. Like to tell about two possible scenarios. One of them being that they do not feel like it needs to be deleted, despite their vote to dislike the map. The other being that the current admins will not do anything about it anyway and decide it would be a waste of time, which, in my view, is more likely.

Edited by xpr0legendx
4 minutes ago, xpr0legendx said:

The dislike option obviously represents the amount of people who are in favor of its removal.

You're right, but we have to determine the reasoning for them wanting to remove the map to make sure it's practical enough to warrant deleting said map.

2 minutes ago, BlueYoshi97 said:

If they are being bought more than twice a day, every day, it means the maps are very popular and we shouldn't delete them.

Or, these people are consistent at trolling.

Just now, BlueYoshi97 said:

This is just bullshit again... I can't argue with you, sorry.

Then get away from the manager spot as you wont do anything good anyways. What the fuck is wrong with you? STR8KASH buys it and spectates or afk, others buy it just so they troll normal players

7 minutes ago, besweeet said:

Again, just because a map has a lot of dislikes doesn't mean it's shit. It could just be from a bunch of players who are bad at the map...

That could be good reason to set a maximum like/deslike ratio and once it reached the limit (for exemple 3:1 dislikes) then put it in black list and wait to see if ratio gets better or not, then delete. Cuz actually, the likes and dislikes thing is just a useless window on the HUD.. But it doesn't really matter, it's just a pity. 

Plus the players would feel proud to have an impact on the server they play in, when people get concerned they usually get more respectful and confident. I mean, map manager is essential job but u can't fill everyone's desires and tastes. The problem is that the whole community is playing those maps, not one or two guys.

The other way to fix this is to clearly tell community that we'll not be allowed to suggest anything anymore so admins will be pleased and not pissed off each time someone shares his ideas. (not implying any admin in particular)

1 minute ago, MegasXLR said:

STR8KASH buys it and spectates or afk, others buy it just so they troll normal players

I've seen him do this a few times. I think he goes away for a while but forgets to come back when his map is on. Maybe on purpose, maybe by accident.

2 minutes ago, WesEdit said:

That could be good reason to set a maximum like/deslike ratio and once it reached the limit

My concern for this is that, while very unlikely, if someone hates a map enough, they might make a bunch of extra accounts or something just to dislike the map more. You never know, lol.

But maybe this is the best route just to keep people happier. If a map does get deleted, do people really lose something in their life if a map in a video game server is deleted? Probably not (unless it's considered a classic map, I guess), so perhaps deleting them based on a ratio like you mentioned would work for now. (I think people will still bitch anyway...)

Yea but that's too easy, I could say if server is deleted and mta disappears do people really lose something in their life? It's just a video game...

I don't think anybody have the time and hate and patience to create bunch of fake accounts only to dislike maps lol... Unless they're true geeky psychopaths that have been threatened or paid to do it. But yeah if we don't give it a try, for sure we'll never know ^_^

I agree there is ridiculous hate bout maps, and everyone complains bout what he thinks is bad, but if players could calm down bout maps and admins make map managing a lil more meaningful for community, that would be worth it. imho

That being said I don't even care and I go back to fap in my mancave.

1 hour ago, BlueYoshi97 said:

If they are being bought more than twice a day, every day, it means the maps are very popular and we shouldn't delete them.

Yoshi that's completely ridiculous, do you even know what are you saying? Those maps are bought with the only purpose of trolling. Why are you a manager if you're not willing to help with this situation, great work you're doing...

1 minute ago, Gametaff said:

Yoshi that's completely ridiculous, do you even know what are you saying? Those maps are bought with the only purpose of trolling. Why are you a manager if you're not willing to help with this situation, great work you're doing...

You're saying that ANYONE who buys 2 maps in the same day is doing it ONLY to troll? That's stupid... I can totally see myself buying 10 Lap Hotring more than twice a day, because I really like it.

1 hour ago, besweeet said:

But maybe this is the best route just to keep people happier. If a map does get deleted, do people really lose something in their life if a map in a video game server is deleted? Probably not (unless it's considered a classic map, I guess), so perhaps deleting them based on a ratio like you mentioned would work for now. (I think people will still bitch anyway...)

That's option #2 in the poll :P  as I said earlier, it's really the only option that will allow us to make a change from the status quo and build a consensus. Mosh even said on the 4th comment in this thread that he and Yoshi were already doing #2 anyways. Since heavily disliked maps are currently deleted at the discretion of admins, either we propose/suggest a popularly agreed ratio or we let them do their thing I guess. 

All we should really be discussing is what should be the ratio of like/dislikes that will determine whether a map gets deleted or not. A suggestion could be a map can only be deleted if its total amount of dislikes is minimum 2 times the amount of likes, and the total (likes or dislikes) on such a map needs to be at least 100 in Race and 50 in Mix? Seems to me that people in Mix don't bother as much liking or disliking maps than in Race, added to Race having generally more players. 

There can be exceptions too, such as classic maps that are loved by old timers and regulars, but disliked due to length or difficulty (e.g. Marathon). Muh Marathon <3