Mr. Green Gaming

Help me out

Knul

Whatsup everybody

As some of you may know, I'm back at playing MTA, it's a long time ago I've enjoyed it this much.

But I've got some issues, my laptop got real shitty after all these years, and I'm always getting 10-25 fps, last year I've always got 30-45

I really can't play with that shitty fps, I've already changed my display and video-settings as low as I can, pressed f1 and changed all the settings to old hud etc, but unfortunately it didn't make it better.

Please throw me some options for better fps, I already used IMG tool, did all kind of things from videos, like replace some files in models file and it helped me, I always got 60 fps for the first 5 minutes, but then suddenly i start getting short fps drops to like 1 or even 0 fps and then it goes to 11-20.

Can someone help me out? And don't say like buy a new computer or processor, if I had the money, I'd do it ..

Thanks, Knul.

On 1/27/2017 at 3:57 AM, neox. said:

Getting less than 30 FPS (which I consider decent although peasanty) means that your PC is trashy potato. Don't worry if it's about that.. I've had a potato machine not long ago, you can modify some GTA:SA files to make your GTA look a bit worse on graphics and get a better perfomance. GTA Shrinker Win might help: https://www.dropbox.com/home/MTA?preview=GTAShrinkerWin.exe just download it and drop it somewhere in your PC, afterwards write your Grand Theft Auto San Andreas directory (GTA SA, not MTA) and click shrink. Once done that you can close the window and see the difference, you can also undo it. You can modify other GTA files like effects and that, just search out on Google, and if your MTA keeps going slow, then throw your PC out from the window

This might help? idk 

2 hours ago, Knul said:

When I try to open it it says "The folder /MTA doesn't exist"

Did you really enter the main Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas folder? or did you enter MTA directory? if you have entered MTA directory then there's the mistake, enter the GTA:SA one. 

You can also remove GTA effects since the graphics don't matter at all. Download .txd files and then drop them in C:\<your GTA:SA directory\models and replace all of them

Particle & Effects File.zip (direct download)

18 hours ago, neox. said:

Did you really enter the main Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas folder? or did you enter MTA directory? if you have entered MTA directory then there's the mistake, enter the GTA:SA one. 

You can also remove GTA effects since the graphics don't matter at all. Download .txd files and then drop them in C:\<your GTA:SA directory\models and replace all of them

Particle & Effects File.zip (direct download)

When I open the link, a white screen from Dropbox appears and a red bar pops-up at the top of my screen and it says "The folter /MTA doesn't exist"

On 1/29/2017 at 8:54 PM, Knul said:

I always got 60 fps for the first 5 minutes, but then suddenly i start getting short fps drops to like 1 or even 0 fps and then it goes to 11-20.

Does this occur all the time, even whilst plugged into the mains? If so then I'm wondering if this pattern of behaviour is due to any or all of the following:

. CPU/GPU overheat

. Third-party applications software consuming too many resources. 

Can you post the basic spec of your machine please Knul? Please include the amount of free hard drive space and MTA version. Thanks :)

Edited by Quad_Tube
15 hours ago, Quad_Tube said:

Does this occur all the time, even whilst plugged into the mains? If so then I'm wondering if this pattern of behaviour is due to any or all of the following:

. CPU/GPU overheat

. Third-party applications software consuming too many resources. 

Can you post the basic spec of your machine please Knul? Please include the amount of free hard drive space and MTA version. Thanks :)

Yes, it happens all the time.
CPU overheat can be the case but I doubt it.

And my pc specs are really shit, please don't laugh guys:

Acer Aspire 5741G (Win 7)

Intel Core i3 CPU M 330

4,00 GB RAM (3,87 available)

64-bit 

I just use the basic MTA San Andreas 1.5, didn't change any file in my Program files (x86) beside the GTA San Andreas folder but not the MTA one.

Look people I know it's a shit pc, but this pc always did great with fps.. Always had 40-60 fps from 2011-2015 but he just got old..

On 31-1-2017 at 10:08 PM, Cena said:

This may sound silly but it works for me because I kinda have same problem as yours. Try to minimize your mta and open it again ^^ it helps. (press Esc > Settings > Video > Fullscreen mode: Borderless window). To minimize your mta press the windows key. Thats it ^^

It helped a little bit, instead of having 60 fps for 2 min, I always got it for 10 mins now.

I noticed something: My fps always drops when I'm with a lot of players around me, for example beweeet's map "WTF YO?" got me lagging as fuck for the rest of the game,..

The other thing is, when I played MTA the last few yeard, I always had 4GB RAM available, now I've got 3,87, maybe that's the problem.. How do I get it back to 4GB? Sorry for the stupid questions brahh.

AND THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO IS HELPING ME OUT!!! I really can't imagine another server with members/staff this kind :)

mta-screen_2017-02-01_21-27-46.png

Edited by Knul
To show the map that gave me lag
2 minutes ago, Knul said:

It helped a little bit, instead of having 60 fps for 2 min, I always got it for 10 mins now.

I noticed something: My fps always drops when I'm with a lot of players around me, for example beweeet's map "WTF YO?" got me lagging as fuck for the rest of the game,..

The other thing is, when I played MTA the last few yeard, I always had 4GB RAM available, now I've got 3,87, maybe that's the problem.. How do I get it back to 4GB? Sorry for the stupid questions brahh.

AND THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO IS HELPING ME OUT!!! I really can't imagine another server with members/staff this kind :)

mta-screen_2017-02-01_21-27-46.png

You are just saying my exact same problem. I do get low FPS in almost every cp in NTS and I need to press the windows key while racing xD I do believe it does get something to do with the space available. My pc is almost full as well and I do get low FPS since I downloaded more games on steam. You could try this. Press "windows key + R" and then type in %temp% and delete EVERYTHING in there. There will be 1-2 files that won't get deleted, because they are important so just keep them, but delete ALL the others. (Just copy all and press delete). Try to go to control panel as well and uninstall stuff you don't really use anymore. It should help. Thats all what I know. :D 

2 minutes ago, Cena said:

You are just saying my exact same problem. I do get low FPS in almost every cp in NTS and I need to press the windows key while racing xD I do believe it does get something to do with the space available. My pc is almost full as well and I do get low FPS since I downloaded more games on steam. You could try this. Press "windows key + R" and then type in %temp% and delete EVERYTHING in there. There will be 1-2 files that won't get deleted, because they are important so just keep them, but delete ALL the others. (Just copy all and press delete). Try to go to control panel as well and uninstall stuff you don't really use anymore. It should help. Thats all what I know. :D 

You are the man Cena!! <3 But I don't get why you say to press the windows key in game, because when I press the windows key in game, I switch to my desktop. 

Just now, Knul said:

You are the man Cena!! <3 But I don't get why you say to press the windows key in game, because when I press the windows key in game, I switch to my desktop. 

Yes, you switch to desktop and then open MTA again. It gives me 55-60 FPS again instead of 10-15 FPS. Its so weird I never understood why, but you need to make some space in your pc/laptop so try to delete more stuff. Also don't forget to delete them from the "recycle bin"