Mr. Green Gaming

???

Lets face it, the current version of zombie survival is 100% dead.  The only remaining players are Xenomorph and some russians who can't speak english.  Mr Green Gaming is one of the oldest existing communities in Source entirely, As long as nox, HellZone, and predating some of the longest standing communities in the world.. And because Ywa is still busy raking in money from MTA he doesn't give a single fuck in the world about GMod anymore.  

Before you go saying "b-but I didn't code the gamemode!!??".  If it's not your responsibility then why do you get the final say in every change in the code that you don't like?

Seriously, what compotent/caring community owner drives away the main dev for a gamemode by adding fucking microtransactions, one of the last existing populated fully ground up zombie survival gamemode may I add, installs the most mentally deficient loser weaboo nerd who can't even code besides copy/paste to take over the gamemode, then for the shit icing on the cake of shit, installs someone who can't code at all.  and AFTER ALL OF THAT, wraps it up and plans to shut everything down as if nothing ever happened.  So congratulations Ywa, you killed one of the most dedicated communities left in Garrys Mod, a community YOU spearheaded to succeed, and in one fell swoop destroyed everything.  And you won't even put in a single keystroke of effort that would fix every complaint to save this community which is roll back the gamemode before Duby took over (Duby, you really tried. And thanks for the effort, but nothing will hide the fact that you had no idea what you were doing).  

Maybe find a dev who knows what he's doing who keeps in touch with what the COMMUNITY wants, not what you want.  And you'll get a playerbase back.  You haven't touched Garry's Mod in damn near 2 years so why would you get final say over every feature in the gamemode.

Adding onto the last part of that previous paragraph, why did you just jump in out of nowhere when Duby/Pufulet/etc. Wanted to add something to the gamemode that the entire community was behind and say "oh I don't like that don't add it", you didn't even make or work on any recent version of the gamemode but you still get the final say for any changes for a gamemode that you never play...

The fact of the matter is this Ywa: you don't care about the gamemode, its players, or the legacy that this gamemode carried.  Maybe use some of that sweet MTA money to hire a new coder who will listen to the players.  The direction for this gamemode is obviously different from any other iteration of ZS, and any coder willing to communicate on the forums could figure out what the players want.  Just hand over the gamemode completely to someone compotent instead of having a stranglehold that reminds the dev daily that he doesn't have full control over his own gamemode.

Tl;dr gamemode is shit, Mr Green is old, Ywa doesn't care, pls fix 

Edited by Braindawg

Zombie survival in garrysmod is kind of dead, it has been in decline before duby even took over. It was a sinking ship from that point onwards and even a competent coder would have trouble getting players on there. As a great example I would like to mention the fact that Necrossin gamemodes never got any traction and they were perfectly coded and playable. Its the playerbase that decided to leave and move on to other games. Garrysmod is old and alot of new games have replaced their main game. Same goes for myself, i was a very loyal gmod player, but the decline of players and release of new games made me switch eventually as well (overwatch for me). Unless you know someone willing to code or are up for the task its a sunken ship already. Nobody is willing to invest their time in an already sunk ship.

Some of the most fun I have had on this game mode was back on Necro ZS when we had around 75 levels and the skill shop. I felt like things steadily went downhill from there. Right now it is dead but I wonder what would have happened if we left things as is? Would the players really have all left inevitably? We can all agree there were problems with the old ZS, elitism and others but players seemed to enjoy it. What we have now is shit, which is why nobody plays it. What I would give to turn the clock back...

You are right Damien...GM is old but what can we do? Wait for HL3 to come out and make a new ZS? When was that release date again...?

Guest AleksCore
5 hours ago, Cheeseman said:

Some of the most fun I have had on this game mode was back on Necro ZS when we had around 75 levels and the skill shop. I felt like things steadily went downhill from there. Right now it is dead but I wonder what would have happened if we left things as is? Would the players really have all left inevitably? We can all agree there were problems with the old ZS, elitism and others but players seemed to enjoy it. What we have now is shit, which is why nobody plays it. What I would give to turn the clock back...

You are right Damien...GM is old but what can we do? Wait for HL3 to come out and make a new ZS? When was that release date again...?

First of all I want to say I played only on "Mr. Green ZS" 99% of the time, so I don't know much about ZS and GMod itself.

I have to agree, 75 levels was nearly the most important thing which made people play. The second thing is GC Shop of course with hats/perks/etc. It was amazing how you start with a 1st level having only a frying pan and a shitty pistol, but later you can become a real "freeman" with a shiny crowbar and magnum and sure some fancy hats etc

Sure Mr. Green was also the unique ZS server where you can't walk through the props by pressing Z which is also gave a special charm. And I almost forgot about amazing music (Rob Zombie) and all this funny sounds, which you can play by typing in chat "leeroy", "zombies", "incoming".

There probably was much more things I forgot to mention in my nostalgic post.

Current ZS still pretty fun but no one playing it and no one wants to dedicate their time into getting it more popular. Shame there is no copies of the every huge revisions of the Mr. Green ZS, but let's face the truth - even this copies can't return all the people who is now grown up and probably not playing games at all or moved into another modern games.

P.S. I just remembered why personally I am started to play Mr. Green ZS. The reason is curious and pretty obvious. Before ZS I played only Mr. Green MTA and back in the days it was hard to get "GreenCoins" there, so "GreenCoins" was the actual reason why I started to play ZS. 

I really dislike the tone you're setting @Braindawg. I mean, in the end we all want the best for the gameserver. Even I do.

Just a few facts that apply to Mr. Green (and myself) for the last 2 years or so:
- It barely makes any money. I put in more money a month than I get back from donations. Which is fine for now, it's just a hobby anyways.
- Because I have other stuff in life now I tried to put more control in the hands of the community itself (the 'Managers'). They basically decide about everything related to that gameserver. I have only veto'd small stuff a couple times.
- I'm fully aware I didn't do everything perfect. But all decisions have always been in the best interest of the community.  And guess what. I'm just a person as well. People make bad calls from time to time. It's part of life.

"what compotent/caring community owner drives away the main dev for a gamemode by adding fucking microtransactions". I can't recall driving anyone away because I wanted micro-transactions. Actually, Duby was working on a whole new ZS, but I can't recall demanding 'GC support' before it getting released. I just asked/'demanded' that it would be a stable gamemode before replacing it with the old one.

tl;dr: Mr. Green didn't make millions. I'm fine with most ideas to improve the community. Just be realistic.

• Greens

I think what we have to accept chaps is that we aren't teenagers anymore. We've grown up and with that we have less time and well your interest is divided when that happens. 

I loved ZS more than anything and yea I wasn't the best coder but I had my heart in it. But now I work from 10 in the morning to 10 at night. So when you put it all in perspective its just the same for everyone else wether it be working or studying or both.

I think what really needs to be done is for Ywa to close the server down for good and let us be able to look upon it fondly and think about how much time we all had and what great friendships we made from it.

Without @Ywa we wouldn't of had any of that, I wouldn't of ever of met @Ben_almighty for example. So the right action in my mind is to thank him for all the time, money and in general investment into the community.

@Damien is right when he says it was a sinking ship. I mean when you look at what ZS is now, its not even close to what we were. Its just two American communities fighting over who added weapon stats to the point shop first when @NECROSSIN did it 4 years prior ffs. (Ie children arguing over shitly coded derma menu's.) 

Let go and enjoy the real world, because before you know it you'll have a bun in the oven and exploring the world won't be an option anymore.

ultimately zs is kept alive by its community, and when people leave, others who stayed because of those who left leave too. The cycle repeated itself till no one played, i dont think its fair to point a finger since it was really the community who kept it alive, if anything we should be blaming ourselves for not playing it, we could if we wanted to afterall

Guest AleksCore

It'd be nice to see some older ZS version if it's not too much hassle. Who knows maybe it'll shot once again (if only ZS community aren't dead completely yet.)

I forgot this community even existed. lol

P.S: @Braindawg if I'm honest, you're lacking the mature vision that you can't permamently keep up a community like this, especially if you have work and other business in life. The fact that ZS is dying was bound to happen. it was alive only thanks to the "oldies" of that time, when Gmod was popular among that generation of Gmodders. 95% of us left long ago.

P.S 2: @Ywa If that's might help, I can try increase the amount of players in this Gmod server by bringing fans from Lambda Wars :). *Can use his executive dev powers*

Edited by Mr. Darkness
  • Greens

It would be incredibly difficult to pick a revision to use for ZS as there were always constant bug fixes and modifications being done. The amount of errors which would be spammed at any given time would be endless.

I would if I were you, take the current version and try to re-code it like the old 75 level system with the shop that was so popular amongst us 2nd generation zs players. A lot of work but the most practical solution. 

Making it open source may help or may make things worse. Those are my two cents.

Hello sibul1993 here from zs if u remember

i still love the old zs where u get guns after killing some amount of zombies :D when we did get the supply thing then it was kinda oke also (almost what i wanted). I was 1 of the most active members.. not the best tho ..2nd who reached lv 70 but then there happened some data loss and i lost many perks from shop and then i kinda quit playing+ league of legends took over ... but i always find my way back to zs.. 

I would still play the zs even if id play alone there just to make ppl see that there is someone playing and they may want to join... but sadly i just don't like the class system at all... i rly loved that server and id still spend my time at that server to make this server rise from ashes... just plz remove the class thing :)

all the best :)

On 3/27/2017 at 11:03 PM, Damien said:

Zombie survival in garrysmod is kind of dead, it has been in decline before duby even took over. It was a sinking ship from that point onwards and even a competent coder would have trouble getting players on there. As a great example I would like to mention the fact that Necrossin gamemodes never got any traction and they were perfectly coded and playable. Its the playerbase that decided to leave and move on to other games. Garrysmod is old and alot of new games have replaced their main game. Same goes for myself, i was a very loyal gmod player, but the decline of players and release of new games made me switch eventually as well (overwatch for me). Unless you know someone willing to code or are up for the task its a sunken ship already. Nobody is willing to invest their time in an already sunk ship.

what about him..  this server is big part of my childhood and id do my best as a player to bring ppl to join.. not sure about the statistics* of that server but id like to hope that someone will invest their time into that server to bring it back alive

*statistics- like at old zs were more ppl joining the server or it lost players over time

Jack_Pearl_Locker.jpg

What we really need is Necro to clean up our mess and restore it to its former glory before we tried to make it better and failed miserably. Although I know he doesn't want to work on ZS anymore.

I don't think it would hurt to make an old version of ZS open source. The worse that could happen is it never gets fixed. I don't think someone would fix it, take the code and start up their own zs server with how old Gmod is now. 

8 hours ago, Cheeseman said:

I don't think it would hurt to make an old version of ZS open source. The worse that could happen is it never gets fixed. I don't think someone would fix it, take the code and start up their own zs server with how old Gmod is now. 

I'm fine with open-sourcing. There's already a ZS version open-source made by Duby. Infected Wars is open-source, and our MTA resources/scripts are open-source as well.

Old ZS version will be put up online soon. If people pick it up I can put the fixed version up on the server.

2 hours ago, Ywa said:

I'm fine with open-sourcing. There's already a ZS version open-source made by Duby. Infected Wars is open-source, and our MTA resources/scripts are open-source as well.

Old ZS version will be put up online soon. If people pick it up I can put the fixed version up on the server.

I suppose you wouldn't happen to have this version of ZS? This was back when Clavus just released the greenshop for ZS.

I loved playing that version and I pretty much left this community after Deluvas took over the development from Clavus.

Edited by killzone
On 6-4-2017 at 1:16 PM, killzone said:

I suppose you wouldn't happen to have this version of ZS? This was back when Clavus just released the greenshop for ZS.

I loved playing that version and I pretty much left this community after Deluvas took over the development from Clavus.

That one is very old and probably buggy as hell (since it's made for an older GMod version). @Clavus might still have it.

• 1 month later...