???
3 3

33 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

So @Ywa, do you have the 2009-2010 version of ZS ? :V

I haven't played ZS for ages, but yesterday I decided to give Noxious' version a try to see what happened over time. Back in 2009 I disliked their immature community and their mod, my feelings are the same 8 years later (just because a few people were whining about me being actually good as zombie.. blergh... And the mod is currently a huge clusterfuck, with menus everywhere and slow-ish gameplay).

I really miss the good old Mr. Green, the community was really awesome, and so was the mod (talking about the 2009 to 2010/11 versions, I don't really have an opinion for the next iterations).

Clavus and Ywa did a great job to build the server, and even if disliked some of the changes that were brought into the game, Mr Green ZS remained my favourite ZS server so far. The closest server that would have been cool if it wasn't dead was Killa ZS, the others were just meh copies of Nox's mod.

Deluvas and Necrossin tried to improve the game, and it did gain popularity for a time, but we all know the game had to die at some point, just because Gmod itself is getting really old and because people are moving to other games.

Sometimes I think about cheese making my own ZS-like game with Unity as I do know programming games, and brought that "arcade feeling" back. A bit like this :V :

 

I lack time and motivation for this though... but if someone could make a game like that, hell I'd jump in !

 

I had some of my best gaming moments on this server, with my E.U. mates and the community overall, so thank you guys ;)

Edited by Chikennugget1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I now have access and will be looking at ZS once again and see what we can do. 

I will keep everyone posted on what's happening. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I miss the old ZS, to bad it didn't got as planned when duby released his version, i tried my best to keep it active but didn't work out :(

Anyway i was just logging in to see how the ZS community was going im guessing it's dead by now. To bad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, SOUR said:

I miss the old ZS, to bad it didn't got as planned when duby released his version, i tried my best to keep it active but didn't work out :(

Anyway i was just logging in to see how the ZS community was going im guessing it's dead by now. To bad

There was ~12 players playing few days ago (including me) and I liked it :D idk why no one is joining anymore tho. Only that one day xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

On 6/12/2017 at 3:19 PM, Moh said:

There was ~12 players playing few days ago (including me) and I liked it :D idk why no one is joining anymore tho. Only that one day xD

You haven't experienced REAL zombie survival. You don't share the pain most of us (veterans) feel, of what has Mr.Green ZS become of. We are not joining anymore, because it's boring for our norms. Most of what made us join the sever in the first place is gone.  

EDIT: Golden rule : If it ain't broken, don't fix it.

Edited by Lejorah

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Lejorah said:

You haven't experienced REAL zombie survival. You don't share the pain most of us (veterans) feel, of what has Mr.Green ZS become of. We are not joining anymore, because it's boring for our norms. Most of what made us join the sever in the first place is gone.  

EDIT: Golden rule : If it ain't broken, don't fix it.

Yea I don't unfortunately, but what used to make you guys join in the first place? and why can't it come back?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Moh Most old gameplay stuff was considered obsolete, or "unreleastic" (killing zombies is realistic, yup). I'm thinking of the no-collisions, or some weapons being removed for example, bjt in fact there are many small fixes that, together, impacted the gameplay a lot.

But, overall, it's a matter of feelings. The game isn't played the same way as it was a few years ago, and some people disliked this.

At least, it's not like noxious and its 150 clone servers with their cadefest-oriented gameplay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
3 3