Mr. Green Gaming

5 REASONS WHY CTF SHOULD BE REMOVED + 3 EXTRA

On 10/05/2017 at 10:49 PM, BadPing said:

You obviosuly lack leadership skills to organize your team and push them to victory. This gamemode will teach you some important life skills.

what even lol

On 10/05/2017 at 10:49 PM, BadPing said:

It gets replayed plenty of times for me.

don't lie to yourself lol it doesn't, ask anyone other than yourself :P

6 hours ago, sweetsandy said:

All of you fap noobs hate shooter because it's the only mode that requires actual skills..badping is full of shit saying CTF gets played again cuz since I started playing on mix it was replayed literally once and everybody was like 'wtfap'. 

ironically the only CTF map that gets replayed relatively often is the shooter CTF map, and it's like maybe half the time at best that it gets replayed, when top players are playing

1 hour ago, BadPing said:

Viva la CTFap!

stop before it gets cringier than it already is lol

If so many pretend to like CTF why does it never get played again? Just answer me on that one. Only thing i think CTF is good for is if i want a brake a short while for like taking a snus, going to toilet or whatever. And no i dont enjoy this mode, but i dont care if its a gamemode or not, i just think its strange most of you living in a lie pretending ctf to be loved by everyone and gets replayed, thats just bullshit.

bier, badping, and others, never see bier playing on mix, if i saw u twice it was too much, neither badping, cock, u just like fapping and being idiot, (but u still my friend) sandy, when i was newbie on mix i used to like CTF. Nowadays I realize the shit it is. Well you guys can throw myself to the bonfire, I'll still die thinking what I decided to think at the very first time.

Long live CTFap! Anyway. Again as I said few months ago, you guys are complaining about a specific gamemode while you simply can ask for ROOMS! Ik some of guys don't want it, but I believe a lot do want it! 

5 hours ago, Goldberg said:

If so many pretend to like CTF why does it never get played again? Just answer me on that one.

I attempted to answer that point in my first response to this thread by saying: "Even if people had fun playing a CTF round, it likely won't get voted to play again since the rounds are usually long enough, just like people (unless they're long-NTS/RTF fans) usually won't vote again for long maps."

58 minutes ago, Moh said:

Again as I said few months ago, you guys are complaining about a specific gamemode while you simply can ask for ROOMS!

How would rooms work exactly?

Also, more generally on CTF and its flaws, here's what I think needs to be addressed: 

1. Teamkilling and bad teammates ruining the mode for people who actually want to play with good teamwork and win. 

2. No top incentive. In other words, it's not competitive compared to other modes. 

3. GC harvesting and badly allocated GC rewards; people just go AFK and get GCs even though they don't play the rounds or don't contribute to the team effort. 

I think if we address these 3 main issues, CTF can be a much better mode than it currently is.  

1 hour ago, Grizzly said:

bier, badping, and others, never see bier playing on mix, if i saw u twice it was too much, neither badping, cock, u just like fapping and being idiot, (but u still my friend) sandy, when i was newbie on mix i used to like CTF. Nowadays I realize the shit it is. Well you guys can throw myself to the bonfire, I'll still die thinking what I decided to think at the very first time.

But when you were a newbie you probably liked NTS too, i hate nts and dd. DD can be fun sometimes but shooter usually gets skipped because of DD being afterwards. CTF is about being fast and slick which are my adventages. Plus when i'm on race server i don't have to stop half way through the map to make it for SH because i know after shitty NTS there's CTF first.

1 hour ago, RealJesus said:

Also, more generally on CTF and its flaws, here's what I think needs to be addressed: 

1. Teamkilling and bad teammates ruining the mode for people who actually want to play with good teamwork and win. 

2. No top incentive. In other words, it's not competitive compared to other modes. 

3. GC harvesting and badly allocated GC rewards; people just go AFK and get GCs even though they don't play the rounds or don't contribute to the team effort. 

I think if we address these 3 main issues, CTF can be a much better mode than it currently is.  

Adding to that, few days ago I was playing CTF and most the server was AFK except 8 players and Blue team had 2 active players and Red team had 6 active players. Which ofc my team (Blue) lost so badly xD @Bierbuikje 

I can understand when people like Bier share opinions about ctf, it's one of those guys who plays mix once a month and can actually enjoy it, cuz its not his living. For us who plays mix (atleast some of us) frequently its just cancer. Once you guys start playing frequently you'll realize that its just kinda waste of time. According to what people vote for ctf is the most hated mode, thats just facts. 

2 hours ago, RealJesus said:

I attempted to answer that point in my first response to this thread by saying: "Even if people had fun playing a CTF round, it likely won't get voted to play again since the rounds are usually long enough, just like people (unless they're long-NTS/RTF fans) usually won't vote again for long maps."

I can't really agree on that. How could the rounds be long enough? DD mostly get replayed 3 times and usually each round takes about 3 min. A CTF round usually take 3-4 min to finish also.

21 hours ago, sweetsandy said:

Oh believe me I didn't come to mix to personify with anybody since I take most of you as noobs with goal to only have fun and nothing else, there's a reason I used quotation marks because I find that fap shit overused and not funny at all..

Oh and btw ctf is my second favourite mode and I'm against deleting it. 

One more thing, my mix entrance was a total random, my 11 year old cousin visited me from the other side of the country, he happened to like mix more over racing (wonder why) and I started to enjoying some of it too. 

11 year olds and retards is a great market niche to have. And badping just happens to like CTF, not SH, and he used to play a lot more back when CTF and MH were around and SH didn't exist. Back then nobody would get permabanned which btw I agree with you that maina shouldn't have been. Just like boyka and tuco etc etc. So no badping isn't lying he's just from a different generation than you. SH introduces systemic risk in that it's a popular gamemode out there but it's just not mix's niche. Mix has or had very particular things to offer, like NTS or MH, or unmoderated chat arguments, not just clones from other places.

31 minutes ago, Goldberg said:

I can understand when people like Bier share opinions about ctf, it's one of those guys who plays mix once a month and can actually enjoy it, cuz its not his living. For us who plays mix (atleast some of us) frequently its just cancer. Once you guys start playing frequently you'll realize that its just kinda waste of time. According to what people vote for ctf is the most hated mode, thats just facts. 

I can't really agree on that. How could the rounds be long enough? DD mostly get replayed 3 times and usually each round takes about 3 min. A CTF round usually take 3-4 min to finish also.

Frequency of playing these days doesn't account for much as DM is creeping into the server more and more, breaking the flow as most of us can't complete the maps and often that's between 10 or 30 minutes lost, as by then so few people are left online and most are afk that then the majority votes to replay RTF. Plenty of the people who voted to keep CTF are total addicts these days too. CTF should have health transfer and better maps is all, not everything has to be about competing and busting things up your own.

29 minutes ago, TheMoose said:

CTF should have health transfer and better maps is all

health transfer? why? better maps... every mode should have better maps, that's not a particularity of CTF lol

1 hour ago, Goldberg said:

People like DD because they're actively taking part in it; same with SH (bar CG). The rounds are generally neither too long nor too short, unless the two remaining players are noobs, but that rarely happens anyways. 3 mins sounds about right, as you said. Any noob can win DD and if they're lucky enough, any noob can win SH. 

With NTS, some don't like it because they're not good enough to compete. I used to be like that and say shit like NTS is only luck, bla bla, and then I got better at it and started to enjoy it the most. I'm sure many can relate to that, if you don't then I suppose you were either always good at NTS or you're still bad :') Depending on the map, NTS can take 1 to 9 minutes ( thank you Ultra Marathon <3 ). You hate Ultra because the map is just straight lines basically, not because it's long; however, most people who hate Ultra and the other Marathon maps are players who can't compete on these long NTS maps or don't like NTS that much or at all and would rather play another mode, and thus if it takes 9 mins per round will not vote to play again or will complain about it. 

With CTF, depending on the map and the amount of players, a round can take 3-10 minutes. When there's 30 players online, it generally takes longer (5-10 mins), and for the same reasons as those stated above regarding long NTS maps, people don't vote again.  That was my point. 

5 hours ago, sweetsandy said:

But when you were a newbie you probably liked NTS too, i hate nts and dd. DD can be fun sometimes but shooter usually gets skipped because of DD being afterwards. CTF is about being fast and slick which are my adventages. Plus when i'm on race server i don't have to stop half way through the map to make it for SH because i know after shitty NTS there's CTF first.

nope i never liked NTS bro.. but its an acceptable mode, dd is also acceptable. Shooter gets skipped bcs of Cargame mostly.. and also noobs who like DD bcs its fun for them to fall from the edge. Man no ctf its cancer..  I like to play it lonely tbh, sometimes your teammate kills or rams you out bcs he wants to take that flag.. just foolish.. and ye we have to finish fucking CTF to be free for SH.. Thats regress for life.

Reading through these last posts it´s clear everyone likes and hates different gamemodes. Making rooms would stop these kind of topics from popping up but the player base is not large enough for 5 separate servers and MIX would lose its appeal. Anyway, you can make another poll about it (and find a developer willing to devote the time needed).

Back to the topic, CTF should be kept because people do like it.  If at a particular moment in time there are more people online who prefer a specific gamemode then it will get the replays it deserves and longer playtime,  which is fair enough. The less favored gamemodes would only be played once but people who like them would still get the chance to enjoy them. What's wrong with that?

How many topics do you have to open to try to take CTF down? The other thread actually was a win for pro-CTFers, what were you expecting it was going to be a home-run? It's not that simple. CTF is way older than SH is on mix, and it was CTF that was around back when mix had an attendance that was higher than it is today. Maybe it fell in numbers because next gen games kept piling up to compete against it, nobody knows. But back then there also was no SH in mix too. And the funnest CTF maps were deleted by one or two previous admins just because he or they happened to hate CTF. I get it some of you think you're all pro and serious and stuff and that that's you all being grown up and shit, and CTF is such terrible cancer to you cuz you can't stand the sight of not competing and applying your honed up skillset... and the terrible trauma of getting crashed into by a teammate is on the verge of making you make a twitter account to become a politician... Most CTF maps barely last 2 or 3 minutes as the flags are easy to get and you don't like it but yet you're perfectly fine trying to slip in hard RTF/DM maps that take 10 to 30 minutes to complete. Complaining about your agony at all the time lost and the eye cancer this harmless mode is giving you is ridiculous.

13 5 reasons why staff shouldn't listen and do what players want:

1.- Last time the servers went to the shit and nobody play them anymore.

2.- Last time the servers went to the shit and nobody play them anymore.

3.- Last time the servers went to the shit and nobody play them anymore.

4.- Last time the servers went to the shit and nobody play them anymore.

5.- Last time the servers went to the shit and nobody play them anymore.

3 hours ago, BadPing said:

Reading through these last posts it´s clear everyone likes and hates different gamemodes. Making rooms would stop these kind of topics from popping up but the player base is not large enough for 5 separate servers and MIX would lose its appeal. Anyway, you can make another poll about it (and find a developer willing to devote the time needed).

Back to the topic, CTF should be kept because people do like it.  If at a particular moment in time there are more people online who prefer a specific gamemode then it will get the replays it deserves and longer playtime,  which is fair enough. The less favored gamemodes would only be played once but people who like them would still get the chance to enjoy them. What's wrong with that?

making rooms would be nice if we actually could have players to play on them.

Problem is the gamemode only really works when everyone participates. When mix started (topic below) there usually weren't much more then 12 people online and the gamemode was fun. Then the server starts focussing on DD and NTS which is mainly played atm. CTF doesn't really work anymore with so many players.

Personally I wouldn't mind a 16 person server with CTF & Manhunt (I don't play mix cus NTS)

Edited by hulpje
7 hours ago, SkyBlue said:

13 5 reasons why staff shouldn't listen and do what players want:

1.- Last time the servers went to the shit and nobody play them anymore.

2.- Last time the servers went to the shit and nobody play them anymore.

3.- Last time the servers went to the shit and nobody play them anymore.

4.- Last time the servers went to the shit and nobody play them anymore.

5.- Last time the servers went to the shit and nobody play them anymore.

Yeah then delete suggestions and changes topic, at least it'll be clear for everyone, and contributions topic too , oh wait you can also delete ban requests and protests as players just talk shit anyway... Then allow only staff members to talk on forums, and delete chat on server for regular members, this way it can be a peaceful place with no insults, no discussions, no changes suggestions. Perfect world.

By the way this place shouldn't be a forum, as a forum is made to debate and it seems to be something haram here. A simple facebook page or blog would be enough.

Guest AleksCore

Uh, I just wanted to spam here soo.. 

Here we go. There is another games, for example Paladins. It is good enough to play it every day and game is bad enough so you don't want to donate into it (this game isn't pay2win by the way)

So uhh, I suggest to move forward, try new games like Paladins or anything else maybe..

Cheers!

Edited by AleksCore
12 hours ago, WesEdit said:

Yeah then delete suggestions and changes topic, at least it'll be clear for everyone, and contributions topic too , oh wait you can also delete ban requests and protests as players just talk shit anyway... Then allow only staff members to talk on forums, and delete chat on server for regular members, this way it can be a peaceful place with no insults, no discussions, no changes suggestions. Perfect world.

By the way this place shouldn't be a forum, as a forum is made to debate and it seems to be something haram here. A simple facebook page or blog would be enough.

That's why AAA online games work, companies dont listen to community and they still playing

10 hours ago, SkyBlue said:

That's why AAA online games work, companies dont listen to community and they still playing

Yeah but besides that, it works cuz the shit is already pro.

How can you compare this to MrGreen lmao, that's absolutely not the same shit. You don't drive a small boat as if it was Titanic, and don't lead a state as if it was a firm.

+ here they actually needs our maps (and so do we) so you can't tell community to shut up and at the same time keep feeding on it.

Edited by WesEdit