Mr. Green Gaming

5 REASONS WHY CTF SHOULD BE REMOVED + 3 EXTRA

On ‎5‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 10:46 AM, hulpje said:

Personally I wouldn't mind a 16 person server with CTF & Manhunt (I don't play mix cus NTS)

good idea, then people who like CTF and/or Manhunt would play only in that server. Really good

And make some option for the players to decide either blue or red team to participate, as you said 16 people server halved to 8 each team, choosing the team color by option. Would be better. Then the gamemode can be added to F2, just like Race and Mix @Bierbuikje

(and as its a new server, new features can be added to these modes, like putting a name for the team, editing the CTF or Manhunt map, like putting the number of rounds you want, the time rules... and so on)

To my mind an unique server for CTF would be better, then only players who really like it are gonna play and dispute it. You managers can have some base on FFS server, there's a gamemode there called CarBall, It has really became succeeded in-server Gamemode there.

Edited by Grizzly
3 hours ago, Grizzly said:

good idea, then people who like CTF and/or Manhunt would play only in that server. Really good

And make some option for the players to decide either blue or red team to participate, as you said 16 people server halved to 8 each team, choosing the team color by option. Would be better. Then the gamemode can be added to F2, just like Race and Mix @Bierbuikje

(and as its a new server, new features can be added to these modes, like putting a name for the team, editing the CTF or Manhunt map, like putting the number of rounds you want, the time rules... and so on)

To my mind an unique server for CTF would be better, then only players who really like it are gonna play and dispute it. You managers can have some base on FFS server, there's a gamemode there called CarBall, It has really became succeeded in-server Gamemode there.

How about you send SH to the ghetto instead. CTF belongs with all honors in mix, it past the test and got lots if not most of the support, it was part of Binslayer's original vision which SH was not. Here, make a room with new shits like DM and SH for the skilful lads that wanna blow shit up and learn every nook and cranny of a DM map, and we keep to mix's definition, which is more DD-CTF-NTS-MH-RTF than it has to do with the parts you're trying to turn mix into.

A separate server doesn't address the modes' shortcomings though, although it could be beneficial for other reasons. Would we be able to fill it with enough regular players? The only reason I'd play on that separate server is if in the normal Mix we're playing DD. And I already use Race for that, basically. Who's that in love with CTF and MH to play almost exclusively there? 

And DD can get relegated to oblivion as far as I'm concerned, Juan, even if it's been here for a long time. It's not a classic mode, it was introduced, if I recall, just before SH took over MH. 

4 minutes ago, RealJesus said:

Would we be able to fill it with enough regular players?

All that matters is that CTF is pure cringe, and if there's people to defend it there would have certainly people to play it.

It fits better in a separate server bcs its a Teaming and Score mode.

1 hour ago, TheMoose said:

How about you send SH to the ghetto instead. CTF belongs with all honors in mix, it past the test and got lots if not most of the support, it was part of Binslayer's original vision which SH was not. Here, make a room with new shits like DM and SH for the skilful lads that wanna blow shit up and learn every nook and cranny of a DM map, and we keep to mix's definition, which is more DD-CTF-NTS-MH-RTF than it has to do with the parts you're trying to turn mix into.

Cock, stop being cringy and kiddish we're trying to find a good point for everyone, and btw there will be ctf for you to play a lot there. Since i know you play it and enjoy it the most isnt it. Imagine, you'd have a whole server for your favorite mode!

Edited by Grizzly
2 hours ago, Grizzly said:

All that matters is that CTF is pure cringe, and if there's people to defend it there would have certainly people to play it.

It fits better in a separate server bcs its a Teaming and Score mode.

NTS and NTS/DD fit better on a CTF-RTF-MH server than they do on a SH/DM. Those last two are your favorite modes, and they're also a lot more widespread on MTA, where they are also a lot more popular. DM in RTF is one you love too, despite how it causes way more afk and logoffs than 2 or 3 minutes of CTF, as many can't complete them, especially at night. Nobody's questioning that out there in the wild your modes are more popular. What I'm saying is that that's not what mix is. And for a server that manages to go through nearly full nights with a dozen people consistently for years and still does so, and averages 3 dozen during the daytime you sure are putting up a tantrum, putting up your own special thread and all just for you, as if this is all become a fashion trend like reese. You lost a vote, what else do you want. Code an extra room yourself and you'll just empty the rooms as we can barely fill one room up as it is, which is a good achievement but don't push your luck as you become just a clone of the many servers out there with rooms. Fill it up with SH and it's just another SH/DM server of the hundreds out there.

Edited by TheMoose
4 hours ago, RealJesus said:

And DD can get relegated to oblivion as far as I'm concerned, Juan, even if it's been here for a long time. It's not a classic mode, it was introduced, if I recall, just before SH took over MH. 

No way. DD was probably introduced soon after the beginning of the server. And it probably was modified when NTS came along, to become DD/NTS. NTS came way way way long before SH, as in years, because MH was sitting around for a long time too.

18 hours ago, TheMoose said:

No way. DD was probably introduced soon after the beginning of the server. And it probably was modified when NTS came along, to become DD/NTS. NTS came way way way long before SH, as in years, because MH was sitting around for a long time too.

I remember that, I remember when DD wasn't DD-NTS and when they switched to the latter permanently. And I'm aware NTS was there before SH, MH was there too, I started playing in '12. But then again, NTS was there way before too; I just can't recall when DD was introduced or if it was already there when I first started playing. 

On 2017-5-14 at 6:59 AM, WesEdit said:

Yeah but besides that, it works cuz the shit is already pro.

How can you compare this to MrGreen lmao, that's absolutely not the same shit. You don't drive a small boat as if it was Titanic, and don't lead a state as if it was a firm.

+ here they actually needs our maps (and so do we) so you can't tell community to shut up and at the same time keep feeding on it.

nobody needs your maps, theres plenty of race maps on internet.

mrgreen was a little titanic not so many years ago, everything went to the shit when binslayer left the team, he knew how to keep a server alive putting rules and keeping them strong for everybody, theres no respect for the staff anymore, somebody makes a topic and instantly staff do what the people want making worse the server with the time.

11 hours ago, SkyBlue said:

mrgreen was a little titanic not so many years ago, everything went to the shit when binslayer left the team, he knew how to keep a server alive putting rules and keeping them strong for everybody, theres no respect for the staff anymore, somebody makes a topic and instantly staff do what the people want making worse the server with the time.

So you're against the fact that community can communicate and interact with server and staff, suggest maps they spent much time on in the only goal of having fun in a server they like. "nobody needs your maps"... I'm sure all map makers will appreciate :lol:, so you think that's how staff should treat his community? Curbing creativity in order to keep control on everything, make players vulgar numbers on the list, like... to keep the distance.

All that in order to make it evolve in big company, playing-in-big-leagues-like feeling... omg I'd rather play now before it turns into Hollywood shit...

On 17/05/2017 at 4:51 AM, SkyBlue said:

Skyblue you making less sense than an orangutan at oxford. Binslayer made ctf and kept it, later admins took mh off he didn't, later admins added sh, he also had no admins in mix and half the players would block while the others would try to complete nts. It was hilarious, but ''a server with rules'' it certainly wasn't. You should drink less of that mexican moonshine.

16 hours ago, BlueYoshi97 said:

We are looking into restoring ManHunt mode, and making CTF appear once every three rotations or so.

Who's we... and why post in behe's own private thread about this and not on the poll thread which btw ctf won...

CTF was promised to keep fire on when fire transfer was deleted and that didn't happen.

MH could be fun, but CTF deserves better treatment.

1 hour ago, TheMoose said:

Who's we... and why post in behe's own private thread about this and not on the poll thread which btw ctf won...

CTF was promised to keep fire on when fire transfer was deleted and that didn't happen.

MH could be fun, but CTF deserves better treatment.

I have no idea who's "we" tbh, yoshi never talked to us (admins) unless they talk somewhere I am not active at or even know about xD Also about the topic Yoshi did and he made a poll and most ppl voted for CTF to stay... now why you want to make CTF to appear every 3 rotations or so?! @BlueYoshi97