Mr. Green Gaming

Visiting the EU from the US - suggestions?

Kodauer

Hey y'all! 

If you don't remember me it's probably best, but I was the Minecraft admin back in the day. I've never been outside the US but got to visit Europe this summer! I've been to Barcelona, Sete, Lyon, Paris, and I just arrived in Berlin today. 

Have any recommendations on things to do or places to eat? I know most of you are from the NL, but maybe you've visited Berlin or parts of Germany. I'm also visiting Munich in about a week.

Thanks in advance :-)

Also

1. Why do you guys charge for water

2. Why are restrooms not free here

3. Is air conditioning against the law or something? 

4. Why are french trains so expensive

oi,

it sounds really great what you are doing, not long ago I was also on a trip "around" Europe, and it was amazing. I have seen that you already visited Barcelona (my hometown), and perhaps you have tasted spanish/catalan food, I actually think it's one of the best places to eat and not too expensive (depending on where you take your seat ofc).

I have been in NL, Germany and Poland, and for sure I recommend you to visit NL, you can find train tickets (DB-NS international) Berlin-> Amsterdam for 39€. I would also recommend you Poland, especially the coast (Gdańsk, Gdynia, Sopot..). Poland really is cheap for most of people who come from abroad. 

Not only trains are expensive in France, actually everything is, it's one of the most expensive countries of EU, (also Switzerland, Norway). I would also recommend Copenhague as you are also close to there, so you have the choice to move in three directions; west: NL, east: Poland, and north: Copenhague. (Denmark is not too cheap, but it isn't excessively expensive. 

No, AC is legal.

We're so smart that yeah, we make others pay to do their needs.. but if you are smart you can always find not so known parts from the city you are in and find little malls where they have free restrooms, or you can just find a bar/restaurant and use them there, no need to take a drink or sth, and if anyone tells you that you need to, leave and try another one, I've done that plenty of times.

enjoya the trip

Edited by neox.
8 hours ago, neox. said:

so you have the choice to move in three directions; west: NL, east: Poland, and north: Copenhague.

Or south: Garmisch-Partenkirchen. It's close to München anyway, and you can see the Alps and go skiing.

(if that's possible mid-summer)

Edited by BlueYoshi97
  • 2 weeks later...