⚠️DATA BREACH ⚠️ ×
Mr. Green Gaming

What are you working on?

Clavus

Post here what you're working on! Videos, GMod posing, mapping, drawings, poems, stories, and all that kind of stuff. Anything really.

I picked up my Infected Wars map again.

dm_iw_metalgrounds0000.jpg

Still working on the fog settings :)

Wow nice, Clavus.

You really like buildings in skies, dontchya :D

Currently I'm working on my first IW map, kind of shitty, no pic yet,

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm trying to find out how you can open a map in Hammer (Please help me with this one guys)

I want to make a remake of de_nuke and de_train etc. for iw (iw_nuke iw_train) and I'm trying to figure out how to do it?

I've seen several remakes of de_dust2 that is exactly the same map, just extended...(de_dust2_unlimited for example)

also working on my avatar (as always)

Need ideas XD

Was thinking of something like this

post-485-126022871192_thumb.jpg

I'm trying to find out how you can open a map in Hammer (Please help me with this one guys)

I want to make a remake of de_nuke and de_train etc. for iw (iw_nuke iw_train) and I'm trying to figure out how to do it?

I've seen several remakes of de_dust2 that is exactly the same map, just extended...(de_dust2_unlimited for example)

You need the .vmt file (or something like that) to edit maps. Though you can probably decompile them, but I heard that could cause some map problems (might be completely wrong about that, though).

You need the .vmt file (or something like that) to edit maps. Though you can probably decompile them, but I heard that could cause some map problems (might be completely wrong about that, though).

I have the solution, download Vmex (Google search :P ) open it, look for the .bsp file of the map (the map itselfs if you want^^) in its folder, then check the decompiling options and launch.Then go to the folder where you chose the bsp and find the .vmt (or .vmf) file of the map, open it under hammer and you can modify it.

There is just a detail, some maps have custom textures so they will appear in white.

Decompiled maps are not perfectly decompiled, and probably contain a lot of small brush errors. That's why decompiled maps should NEVER be recompiled into a new map (I'm looking at you Ywa!), only used for reference.

You use VMex for decompiling maps. You'll need a cracked version of it to decompile protected maps though.

Well I need some opinions/advices on what I'm making actually.

I'm working on a map called zs_sidewinder, after showing it to Deluvas I would like now to share it with you so I can now what should I do or not,some screens:

sc1.jpg

Plan on part of the map (snowfield+bridges+tower)

sc2aw.png

One of the zombie spawn points, here a bridge.It has walls so humans can't snipe spawning zombies, and these ones can fall on the humans and eat them :V

sc3h.png

Part of the snowfield (featuring a big tree and some ice thingys)

sc4.png

The little bridges which leads to the tower (it's on top of a precipice, and if you fall in it you die as well :V)

sc5.png

View from the tower (with mini bridge down)

Click here to download the map

This is not the final map,it need fixes, props and some more content but tell me what you think of it please :V

Nice map nugget!

You should make the other cliff more cliffish too, and possibly think about changing or removing the tree, it doesn't look that fitting in that kind of landscape. (atleast, the picture I got from it was that it's at some high mountain kind of place.

Oh, and if you can, don't use the same texture too much, it makes the map look somewhat weird imo.

But then again, I'm not the one to say as I don't know much about mapping.