Mr. Green Gaming

Has.. Has Nox won?..

Going through the archives of the birth and death of Mr.Green ZS. I saw a good bunch of good old war relics and articules.

Mr.Green and Noxious were never buddies or even acquaintances. It was an ongoing war. Which Mr.Green fought on valiantly. Noxious used they're tricks to sabotage the server for they're own benifit. Ofcourse this continued over the years, until we made a simple mistake which they had realised, and used it as an fatal blow. 

Nox wasn't only in war with Mr.Green, It was a full on war. Every server that had they're (swep coder, butcher nox's code a little bit, and call it fully custom) licensed version had been fucked. 

Jetboom had killed other servers by secretly sabotaging they're code(Once you have Jetbooms ZS code, then he has total control over your server). 

Much of this I don't want to say, since Mr.Green were apart of my childhood. But have you really given up? Can't we call our greatest coders together or even get the server up? Has really Nox won?

What kind of nonsense is this? I never personally recall being in "war" with Noxiousnet or any other Zombie Survival community. Yes, we were competitors, but were also active in different regions (Nox in US, we're in Europe).

On top of that I have checked the original source-code many times and don't remember any sabotaging code. Only the first couple versions gave special rights to certain SteamIDs. But nothing serious that I would call "sabotaging". Now of course I may have missed some source-code, so don't pin me down on it. Jetboom was always kind enough to release his updated gamemode and eventually even open-sourcing it.

Yes I understand your point of view on that we've supposedly given up. We've had quite some scripters working on Zombie Survival and putting their own stamp on the gamemode. There was (and is?) no clear goal. A lot of the old regulars now play other games or stopped gaming at all.

The nostalgia is great, I understand, but a lot has changed and a lot of work has to be done to bring our Zombie Survival gamemode back on level with 2018's standards in gaming.

tl;dr: We've not given up. There are just no scripters in the community willingly to work on it.

I am sorry for misunderstanding the "war". It's just browsing through more or less 8 year old comments topics on various sites about the server, that it made me think there was a war ongoing in the first place. I've read topics about nox coming on this ZS server using some kind of crashing methods. Taking ideas from us and so on.

Is there any way in hell even 0.00001% that necrossin could code it again? I understand that you, Ywa, is busy currently. It's just unfair, that Mr.Greens unique ZS died, whilst NoX, who hasn't changed much, is still living on strong.

The quality of the server that you bestowed upon us was top of the line. And nobodies servers quality has come close to it(my thoughts).

the reason mr green got in decline was partly due to the gmod 13 update screwing the game over and breaking half the modes. i dont recall nox sabotaging the server, we got ddosed afew times but that wasnt related.  Itd be hard to make it popular now because peopel expect a few things to be in zs now that wernt, moving through cading etc so you could make somthign popular again but it wouldnt be like the older versions of zs we played

• Greens
2 hours ago, Ben_almighty said:

the reason mr green got in decline was partly due to the gmod 13 update screwing the game over and breaking half the modes. i dont recall nox sabotaging the server, we got ddosed afew times but that wasnt related.  Itd be hard to make it popular now because peopel expect a few things to be in zs now that wernt, moving through cading etc so you could make somthign popular again but it wouldnt be like the older versions of zs we played

I agree with Ben and Ywa in that there would be too much involved in bringing up the current base to the expected standards.

Also it will never be as good again as we look at these things through rose tinted glasses. Let the good memories be. 

There was never a "war".

I still see it as my duty to make sure the mod functions (which it does) but I have too many responsibilities to continue developing the mod like a hobby.

Majority of regulars have moved on to other games and the other zombie survival communities have soaked up the remaining player base for this game type.