⚠️DATA BREACH ⚠️ ×
Mr. Green Gaming

The future of ZS in general

So as many of you are aware Nox is gone, and if youve seen the player count of zs servers it seems most players have completely dropped off the mode completely, i know HG is still active but it doesnt even appear in my browser atm. Im curious what those of you who still ghost the forums think is going to happen now all the code is out there and probably the most major server is gone. New types of zs so new players? or do you rekon its reached the end of its lifespan?

Personally i like to think we will see alot more variety and new players but i think i know that this is it as all the major reg on nox will prob not return now :/

The decline in ZS players hasnt begun overnight and eventually none will remain. We are talking about a game that is more than 10 years old, it has had its days. Its a shame that most games nowadays dont work with dedicated servers, but with finding people and matching on skill. Noxiousnet has seen this aswell and people moved on. We will always have our memories of ZS :)

10 hours ago, Ben_almighty said:

i think the code is on a github somewhere but if you want to make a zs ur better off using the new 3.0 stuff jetboom put up an just tweaking it till its a close clone

the code that's been molested over several years is up on github.  But an older, unmolested version before anyone else took over probably only exist on Necro's hard-drive at this point. 

• Greens
6 hours ago, Braindawg said:

the code that's been molested over several years is up on github.  But an older, unmolested version before anyone else took over probably only exist on Necro's hard-drive at this point. 

I have a copy of Deluvas Classes ZS from roughly 2009.

Necro's 2013-14-15-16 ZS

I just happened to remember about the Mr. Green forums all of a sudden while working on Lambda Wars. Decided to check if anything's going on.

I agree with bringing back Mr. Green old zs game mode as it will bring back the nostalgic feel. Perhaps not bringing it back forever, but as an event of sorts would do the trick. I mean, most of us are mature adults already with our own jobs/studies going on without much free time or interest but remembering something like this would be so on point right now, especially given the fact that Summer is close, you know.

And yes, I think the best would be playing ZS of the old-old 2008-2009. I would love to play that again. Was some tense shit back of the day, would be awesome.

P.S:

[topcrew]Will I get banned for using the topcrew tag still? :v[/topcrew]

awww

Edited by Mr. Darkness
On 5/18/2018 at 3:40 AM, Duby said:

I have a copy of Deluvas Classes ZS from roughly 2009.

Necro's 2013-14-15-16 ZS

oh man, that Deluvas gamemode is probably beyond broken at this point.  If anyone took the time to fix/rebuild it I'd play the hell out of it.

I'm probably just clouded by nostalgia though, Necro's gamemode ironed out a ton of problems that the 2008-2010 gamemode had with balancing and glitches.  The only real big missing features were the lack of un-nailing and prop ghosting.

The open-source github repository from our server goes back to 2013.

All commits: https://github.com/MrGreenGaming/ZombieSurvival/commits/master

This is a tree (you can clone or download!) based off a commit from 2014. I did a couple changes after Deluvas quit, if I remember correctly. https://github.com/MrGreenGaming/ZombieSurvival/tree/d289371d19057362f03f26a6cea81eabab54d230

Have fun! :)

• Greens
3 hours ago, Ywa said:

If someone actually wants to work on it. I can create a branch with the old version as base, and everyone can do pull requests.

I think its a good idea, the only issue is that it may be hard to create a branch due to the high level of bug fixes put in. Ie where would you draw the line. 

You'd also need to add a clause in the code somewhere for it to work without the level system ( Without it the gamemode doesn't run. ) i.e. before 2014. This was a fix which was added in later to make development work easier. ( I can't remember if it was a one liner or more complex, I expect there is a SVN commit somewhere which would provide a clue. )

Would you like me to give you the early 2009 version for the Mr.Green GitHub or aren't you fussed about that version?

• 4 weeks later...

Noxiousnet is not dead. 

What happened is that after 10 years of putting up with JetBoom's stupidity, the NoX ZS community finally staged a mutiny and overthrew JetBoom, kicking him out of the community he founded and leaving him to die forever alone as he deserves. NoXiousnet is now known as sunrust and I have returned. A new golden age for ZS awaits and you're more than welcome to join and be a part of it. The days of trolling and going to pointless wars against other communities are over.

Edited by Zincoshine
  • 11 months later...

@Jeremiah I actually wanted to bring the server back and I tried to contact some of the old developers, sadly no one wants anymore. However, We have plans to launch a server for S&Box. Which the game will be released later on. But no promises at all. I wish myself Gmod would come back but I need the developers for it, which sadly I don't.

S&box, or Garry’s Mod 2 (GMOD 2), is a new Sandbox game developed by Facepunch Studios, the same people who created Garry’s Mod and Rust.

https://crayz.tv/everything-we-currently-know-about-sandbox/

https://sandbox.facepunch.com

• Greens
22 hours ago, Jeremiah said:

So can we have this again?

18 hours ago, Cena said:

@Jeremiah I actually wanted to bring the server back and I tried to contact some of the old developers, sadly no one wants anymore. However, We have plans to launch a server for S&Box. Which the game will be released later on. But no promises at all. I wish myself Gmod would come back but I need the developers for it, which sadly I don't.

S&box, or Garry’s Mod 2 (GMOD 2), is a new Sandbox game developed by Facepunch Studios, the same people who created Garry’s Mod and Rust.

https://crayz.tv/everything-we-currently-know-about-sandbox/

https://sandbox.facepunch.com

Gosh those were the days!

I think this was the peek of my version of ZS before I made some bad decisions...

We'll see what S&Box has to offer aye 

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/17/2019 at 8:41 PM, Duby said:

Gosh those were the days!

I think this was the peek of my version of ZS before I made some bad decisions...

We'll see what S&Box has to offer aye 

Would be awesome if it was up and working some time soon on Gmod,  sandbox has an unknown release date. I know a dev who would love working with us, he would be a small pain to work with, but I think he could work on it, if someone as well helped. That version of zs in my opinion was one of the best, 3rd best after deluvas and necrossins

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...