⚠️DATA BREACH ⚠️ ×
Mr. Green Gaming

The future of ZS in general

On 10/22/2019 at 2:59 PM, ToxicGarbage said:

Damn, just curious how life can replace computer games. Sounds absolutely mental for me

-AleksCore

Well I am doing an bachelors degree in nursing and health education, that is interesting, while doing gigs in hospitals, health care centers seeing and helping many patients with different backgrounds, problems. I am in a relationship and also I enjoy doing powerlifting and trying to lift more and more weight. So I have on going education, work, relationship and a serious hobby that I have been doing nine years, so I dont have that much time for games. At the moment im trying to finish my thesis.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't believe you, that you do not even have 1 or 2 hours to waste with the old douchebags (<3) as us.
But since I am now studying IT (that doesn't automatically make me a pro at coding, tbh I suck at coding, but I'd love to try and it would help my studies), I am interested to try and work around the code to make it work.
Just to hear Reiska's interesting deep voice and his somewhat what in the hell mic. 
The light of hope still hasn't vanished in my sight. I can still see a ZS server up and running with every old long saggy sacker playing. But what is missing is a developer. The key to redeeming the server to life.

Edited by Lejorah
2 hours ago, Lejorah said:

I don't believe you, that you do not even have 1 or 2 hours to waste with the old douchebags (<3) as us.
But since I am now studying IT (that doesn't automatically make me a pro at coding, tbh I suck at coding, but I'd love to try and it would help my studies), I am interested to try and work around the code to make it work.
Just to hear Reiska's interesting deep voice and his somewhat what in the hell mic. 
The light of hope still hasn't vanished in my sight. I can still see a ZS server up and running with every old long saggy sacker playing. But what is missing is a developer. The key to redeeming the server to life.

I still have hope to bring ZS back running again and I am trying to contact several developers for it. I did get in touch with few, but I can't confirm anything yet. But I am definitely working on getting ZS server back online. 

If any of you guys think can help me out then please get in touch with me as I don't know most of you guys sadly :(

• 1 month later...

A bit late to the party, but I have been working on something since 2017.

I haven't made a big progress since then but basically it's a revamping of 2009/2010's Mr Green ZS based on Jetboom's last version.

I wanted to rebuild everything from scratch using Jetboom's code as a base and apply the specific mechanics of Mr Green's over it.

Though, lack of time and motivation made me put the project on a shelf for the moment. To be honest, Gmod's lua is a tedious thing. Files everywhere, code that looks like early 2000's Javascript.

I've managed to spawn players, give them a random pistol at start (Usp 45 or p228), added the green gas around zombie spawns, an oxygen bar when going underwater, ammo counter that gives you ammo every 2 mins or so.

One of the things that made me put a stop is the weapon animations system.

First, I've tried to use what was used with the old version of ZS but it didn'y really work.

Then I've used Clavus's Swep Kit that Jetboom uses too, but I have problems syncing the gun animations with the shots 😕

I can't promise anything about all of this, and I'm sometimes considering switching to Unity to make a standalone game but I don't know how to make the networking part. Yet.

1 minute ago, Chikennugget1 said:

A bit late to the party, but I have been working on something since 2017.

I haven't made a big progress since then but basically it's a revamping of 2009/2010's Mr Green ZS based on Jetboom's last version.

I wanted to rebuild everything from scratch using Jetboom's code as a base and apply the specific mechanics of Mr Green's over it.

Though, lack of time and motivation made me put the project on a shelf for the moment. To be honest, Gmod's lua is a tedious thing. Files everywhere, code that looks like early 2000's Javascript.

I've managed to spawn players, give them a random pistol at start (Usp 45 or p228), added the green gas around zombie spawns, an oxygen bar when going underwater, ammo counter that gives you ammo every 2 mins or so.

One of the things that made me put a stop is the weapon animations system.

First, I've tried to use what was used with the old version of ZS but it didn'y really work.

Then I've used Clavus's Swep Kit that Jetboom uses too, but I have problems syncing the gun animations with the shots 😕

I can't promise anything about all of this, and I'm sometimes considering switching to Unity to make a standalone game but I don't know how to make the networking part. Yet.

Check our discord #announcement channel and check this topic out and our steam group announcements as well. 

We are already working on one and we had our BETA public test last weekend.

Just now, Chikennugget1 said:

I see. You have the 2012 version though ;)

Mine would be a revamping of 2009/2010, which felt pretty much different in terms of gameplay.

Good luck with your project !

I wasn't around in 2009/2010 or 2012 so idk how much of the gameplay feels like 😂 

Thank you