Mr. Green Gaming

FPS Limit Race Server

What should be the FPS limit on race server?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the FPS limit on race server?

• 60FPS
    • 100FPS

Hello, i have question for anyone. Who wants the FPS limit on the race server set to 60FPS? Normal players do not have a chance with players who have 100FPS. Give answers in vote. I would like to add only the servers such as uDka, SGA or SKC got a limit to 60FPS and even 50FPS.
Edited by Gonzalezo
4 hours ago, Ywa said:

Well technically anything above 30 fps is a problem as the game has not been designed for anything above that. Minor problems start to appear with 40 to 50+ FPS.

Personally I'm not sure what the best solution is.

In mta bugs are at 51fps+ yea

Edited by Gonzalezo

50 FPS is the norm for any racing MTA server. You won't fix the maps but you could make the gameplay more fair by removing the user FPS limit and forcing it to 50 as it should be. It's no secret that boats get bugged above 50 FPS. Not to mention that players who have set their game to 100 FPS have a huge head start versus players on the normal 50 (most actually can't get higher than 50, even though they may want to so it's simply not fair as @Gonzalezo mentioned). Also on a straight road the 100 FPS guy always becomes first. It's just seen how the 50 FPS player lags a lot compared to the 100 one. Not to mention that the vehicles' handlings become practically complete different than what every single player is used to from other servers. The Elegy and SuperGT do not drift at all compared to how they are on 50 FPS.

Another thing to consider is adding this script in the server: http://www.mediafire.com/file/k20cr9ux2skp8r4/removerandomobjects.zip It removes all randomly spawned little trees and rocks that every time spawn in a different location in the forests or near the roads and ruin a player's run no matter how good they may know the map itself.

These are just solutions to two of the three problems MrGreen has - the third being the map quality (which will never be fixed so whatever). I'm just saying how 90% of MTA race players like to play. Not trying to bash the server for how bad it is as if these things are done it'll get a bit better, no doubt. The toptimes update was great some years ago, the best toptimes system to date on any server. The available scripts are perfect and useful as well. @Ywa you said it yourself - the game was not designed to handle even 40 FPS, let alone 100 (there's a reason that the map editor's default FPS limit is always set to 36 after we freshly install MTA). But it's been proven over the years that the sweet spot is 50 FPS. The game feels much smoother than on 35, but also feels the same in terms of vehicle handling and overall gameplay.

As always this is said about the Race server, not Mix. If Mix wants it, sure, if not, don't comment as it's not about you. MrGreen can be a great server if you only start looking a bit at other racing servers for a moment. There's nothing wrong to be the same as them if it means being better than you currently are.

Obviously certain admins will reply instantly saying that what I wrote is not true but then again they don't get out of MrGreen to see that some stuff are better elsewhere. I'm simply suggesting for the better stuff to make their way to here as well just like I suggested your toptimes system to be incorporated into FFS.

1 hour ago, MoshPit said:

Should we race these on the server too?

sheep_wagon_1.jpg

@BlueYoshi97, pls make a map based on this.

About the FPS thing.. as has been mentioned, there are very few players who actually play on 100 fps, and it doesn't seem to give them a huge advantage, seeing as most tts are made with 51 fps, the exception being speed maps and the like. 

Map quality.. I agree that we should look at other servers to get an idea of what we shouldn't do, because most other race servers just have terribly boring sterile maps. What I always liked about racing on mta were the variables involved in racing. Not just knowing every single corner in a circuit and training it until you can race it blind. Sure, that's part of it, but there's also a certain amount of randomness, like having to know the SA map for figuring out shortcuts or avoiding pileups, the random objects that Megas mentioned that you absolutely can avoid, or just the frustrations of playing a Yoshi map for the first time. Oh, and ghostmode. What's the point of playing a multiplayer mod and then hiding the other players/turning on full gm?

Don't get me wrong, I've been frustrated with maps before, but the thing is that it wouldn't be Mr Green if we didn't take some chances on maps that would never be accepted on other servers. Or if we didn't keep some old ass maps. I'm not opposed to adding new features in general, but we should do it without becoming.. you know, one of the boring racing servers.

Does the 50fps (compared to 100fps) affect top speed in any way?

I lately started playing on RACE a little and i can most of the time end at 1-5 position, even tho i play every map first time in my life, maybe 2 at best, and i dont consider myself as any good racer... And when im like at 15postion behind everyone i have no problem catching up, overtaking and finishing at high position. Advantage of 100fps? I dunno but it feels easier against most of the players with less fps.

And I dont think any PC can handle stable 100fps in MTA all the time anyway, it usually drops to like 70 in some maps, and stable 50 would be very smooth and fair for everyone as well

I would vote for locking 50 FPS for everyone on Race server for like a week and see how ppl feel about it and then decide whether to keep it or not.

Edited by AsSnTittieS

Hello? It's 2018 calling. How bad your pc can be that it can't run properly a game that has almost 15 years old. Yes, indeed 100 FPS gives a minor advantage at the beginning of the map but that's it. I don't get the point of what you're asking for. Imagine the server gets a FPS limiter then what? Are you going to delete, one by one, every toptime that has been set with 100 fps and start all over again just like in 2015? Doesn't seem fair to me at all and, as MoshPit says, there are a wide variety of players that can play good either at 60 or 100 FPS you won't even see the difference so please stop requesting ideas that will ruin the server more than what is these days  :catbread:

40 minutes ago, AsSnTittieS said:

Does the 50fps (compared to 100fps) affect top speed in any way?

I lately started playing on RACE a little and i can most of the time end at 1-5 position, even tho i play every map first time in my life, maybe 2 at best, and i dont consider myself as any good racer... And when im like at 15postion behind everyone i have no problem catching up, overtaking and finishing at high position. Advantage of 100fps? I dunno but it feels easier against most of the players with less fps.

And I dont think any PC can handle stable 100fps in MTA all the time anyway, it usually drops to like 70 in some maps, and stable 50 would be very smooth and fair for everyone as well

I would vote for locking 50 FPS for everyone on Race server for like a week and see how ppl feel about it and then decide whether to keep it or not.

Agree :)

40 minutes ago, Gametaff said:

Hello? It's 2018 calling. How bad your pc can be that it can't run properly a game that has almost 15 years old. Yes, indeed 100 FPS gives a minor advantage at the beginning of the map but that's it. I don't get the point of what you're asking for. Imagine the server gets a FPS limiter then what? Are you going to delete, one by one, every toptime that has been set with 100 fps and start all over again just like in 2015? Doesn't seem fair to me at all and, as MoshPit says, there are a wide variety of players that can play good either at 60 or 100 FPS you won't even see the difference so please stop requesting ideas that will ruin the server more than what is these days  :catbread:

100FPS gives you advantages and bugs, pro driver...

Edited by Gonzalezo
Guest F1MADKILLER
2 hours ago, Gonzalezo said:

100FPS gives you advantages and bugs, pro driver...

not in mix with the likes of @DubStephis pc has less than 100 normally 40-50FPS and he wins a lot of NTS but he is nab at DD

Guest F1MADKILLER
1 hour ago, Gonzalezo said:

I talk about race server mad :P

yes but the FPS for racing is same for race and mix if not mix lot have more disadvantage with higher FPS