⚠️DATA BREACH ⚠️ ×
Mr. Green Gaming

RACE POLL

Cena

Race poll  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Should we disable Dimensions on Race server or not?

• Yes, disable it
    • No, Do NOT disable it.
  2. 2. FPS Limit for Race server

I have 2 main questions I would like to ask for ACTIVE race players. Mix players voting will be NOT counted. 

Just vote so I can decide. I need player's opinions! Feel free to comment as well!

I would like to give explanation on the options above, so everyone of you can decide what they want knowing the consequences. Therefore, you get to choose better what you want to vote. 

Regarding the 1st question. 

You should know what are the advantages and disadvantages of disabling dimensions. 

When disabling dimensions. Full GhostMode WILL be needed! If the server is a bit full, it would get unplayable otherwise. The only reason dimensions exist is because a lot of players is too heavy on a pc.

Regarding the FPS limit. 

It have been discussed a lot before over here and the latest vote we had was in favor of the 100 FPS limit. I however, want to make sure more race players will vote this time! 

• Cena featured this topic
32 minutes ago, tyfusjap said:

How do you define a "Mix Player?" i know what you mean but just wanna confirm what i think is correct.

Cause Sandy is like both a race and mix player lol. And there's many mix players who also regularly play on the race server.

As long as you are active in Race you are a race player. Doesn't matter if you are active in Mix or not. As long as you are active on race then your vote will be counted. Players active only in Mix are the ones who will not be counted!

1 minute ago, Cena said:

As long as you are active in Race you are a race player. Doesn't matter if you are active in Mix or not. As long as you are active on race then your vote will be counted. Players active only in Mix are the ones who will not be counted!

😍 my vote never counts

Edited by tyfusjap

We are casual server so... Why even limit to 100? There's 240+ hz displays now. Let the player decide but make the default setting 60 or 50. That is if the traction advantage isn't too big which is what people saying, although I'm not sure if that's the case. Was there a test of some kind?

Btw to get refresh rate that isn't 60 hz in fullscreen mode you can use an ancient program called RefreshLock.

Edit: ah, 100 is maximum MTA allows. Then 100 it is. Maybe they have a good reason to limit it to this number.

Edited by shortcat
48 minutes ago, shortcat said:

We are casual server so... Why even limit to 100? There's 240+ hz displays now. Let the player decide but make the default setting 60 or 50. That is if the traction advantage isn't too big which is what people saying, although I'm not sure if that's the case. Was there a test of some kind?

Btw to get refresh rate that isn't 60 hz in fullscreen mode you can use an ancient program called RefreshLock.

Edit: ah, 100 is maximum MTA allows. Then 100 it is. Maybe they have a good reason to limit it to this number.

why limit to 60? because this game is meant to run on 25 FPS and not 100 or anything else but 60 breaks the game less than 100, you can know more here: https://github.com/multitheftauto/mtasa-blue/projects/14

16 minutes ago, HardGay said:

No, ghost mode has nothing to do with dimensions. The opposite is the case, when the dimensions gets removed there is more GM OFF racing. 

ho ok then , i mean, gm off its more realistic , u can block and stuff like that

About the fps, i only voted 100 because, my old toaster died and i have a new one, and if i set to 60 fps i have some kind of lag but if i set to 100 its good, does that make sense? i dont understand nothing about it

Not that I have anything to say about race, but cena the question isn't properly made if you didn't specify that no dimensions means full ghostmode and only added it to the post later on (plus nobody reads posts they just vote the polls)

57 minutes ago, HardGay said:

No, ghost mode has nothing to do with dimensions. The opposite is the case, when the dimensions gets removed there is more GM OFF racing. 

Exhibit A. And they don't seem to agree on what dimensions means, what is it no dimensions GM OFF or ON

I don't see the connection "No more dimensions = ghostmode all the time".

Dimensions are meant to decrease lags and ghostmode to prevent chaos at the start. There's plenty of ways to decrease lags / increase fps like pressing x at the start, changing the graphic settings, disabling the new minimap etc.

I wouldn't mind removing dimensions, it's not like they're used a lot right now and since players can just press x now, lags at the start aren't a huge problem. But if that means ghostmode full-time, I'd vote against it. As shortcat said, that's the whole point of Mr Green.

I'm not sure about the fps thing. If we limit it now, some toptimes that were set with 100 fps will become unreachable.

1 minute ago, ChickenAttack said:

25 for real? Where did you read that? I thought only old film movies ran at 24fps, and that 25fps when you run intel hd graphics xd

30 actually. 25 is a bug in the PC port (according to Silent who fixed it in his patch). The game has a frame limiter option and it limits the FPS to 25. Original PS2 version runs at 30 or 25 depending on the region too. Above that and all kind of bugs start to appear.

Unfortunately even new movies are 24 fps because movie nerds are retrogrades and even TV shows moved from 50/60 fps to 24 🤪

• 4 weeks later...

currently, we have two options that's acceptable for all parties:

A. keep everything as it's and wait for MTA Dev's to fix all fps issues that's related to vehicles handling.

B. limit the FPS to 60 since the MTA Racing Community already accepted (few weeks ago) that and been applied into couple servers (FFS Gaming).

Edited by Haxardous
  • 4 weeks later...
On 11/30/2019 at 11:15 AM, Gustavo. said:

for the people who lives in europe is good gm off, but for those who lives in south america is a disaster.. its impossible to play without GM, because of our ping

What gustavo said is true, is impossible to race without ghost mode playing from south america, the position i am on my screen is not the position other people see me or the position the server places me in, generally in my screen i am the first but in a straight line i am like 4th or 5th, when GM turns off i generally crash into others or vice versa, and the only way to overtake someone is ramming them, so i would like perma ghost mode.