⚠️DATA BREACH ⚠️ ×
Mr. Green Gaming

are you interested into bringing the older “MrGreen” Minecraft server back?

Haxardous

are you interested into bringing the older “MrGreen” Minecraft server back?   

38 members have voted

1. 1. are you interested into bringing the older “MrGreen” Minecraft server back?

Interesting.

The Minecraft server Mr. Green used to have was unique and in my opinion the best server I have ever seen and played on. There is no server that comes anywhere close to the theme Mr. Green used to have. It was a faction wars server, with limited plugins, but the ones it did have made it a very special server. The majority of the servers you see today have 'kits' that allow a quick start and let you start with powerful items. The server of Mr. Green had none of that. It was about grinding, building a base with your faction members, raid and defend your base against others. 

If that's what Hazardous ment when he created this poll, then I will vote yes. And I believe I speak on behalf of a lot of other people that used to play on the minecraft server when I say that.

On 12/25/2019 at 12:15 PM, xpr0legendx said:

Interesting.

The Minecraft server Mr. Green used to have was unique and in my opinion the best server I have ever seen and played on. There is no server that comes anywhere close to the theme Mr. Green used to have. It was a faction wars server, with limited plugins, but the ones it did have made it a very special server. The majority of the servers you see today have 'kits' that allow a quick start and let you start with powerful items. The server of Mr. Green had none of that. It was about grinding, building a base with your faction members, raid and defend your base against others. 

If that's what Hazardous ment when he created this poll, then I will vote yes. And I believe I speak on behalf of a lot of other people that used to play on the minecraft server when I say that.

I thought I read someone say xpr0 aka you ran it back in the day, am I wrong?

Anyway, some of us got into an open source type of mc called minetest this past week and it seems pretty cool, but ofc we noobs at it and we just build tunnels and weird houses and garfield fc soccer stadiums and pixarts for the time being

Edited by ChickenAttack

On 12/27/2019 at 7:06 PM, ChickenAttack said:

I thought I read someone say xpr0 aka you ran it back in the day, am I wrong?

Anyway, some of us got into an open source type of mc called minetest this past week and it seems pretty cool, but ofc we noobs at it and we just build tunnels and weird houses and garfield fc soccer stadiums and pixarts for the time being

Kodauer used to run the official mrgreen server, but stopped due to a few things. Can't remember what they were, but I believe he made a thread about it somewhere. After that mrgreen (Ywa at the time) was no longer willing to let us use the domain name play.minecraft.nl, which was the reason I, together with some other admins, decided to run a server that was not affiliated with mrgreen. I mainly did the configs of plugins while others made the spawn area for the server.

And yeah, minetest is quite fun ;)

As long as I have a manager who can manage the MineCraft server regarding everything (developing the server..etc). I then have no problems at all to start the MineCraft server, but as for now I didn't get any msg from anyone. 

I'm not a fan of MineCraft at all, but since people keep asking for it then why not? Just get me a manager who knows what he is doing in MineCraft!!!

• 3 months later...

Bring back play.minecraft.nl!

Just like Xpr0legendX says it was a unique server.
I still know allot of people that talk about this server to this day and they want the server back, I'm 100% sure it will be a succes!, I've still got the Mr Green Gaming mask on my minecraft skin 6 years after the server quit.
A Factions server + dynamic map thats all it needs.

OK hi everyone, who remembers me?

Cost to host a MC server monthly is nominal - like $5/month. That's assuming a small whitelist server with no major plugins.

Anything bigger requires major effort. If you want a larger server, you have to spend $ to advertise as factions servers are a dime a dozen nowadays. Not to mention any big server probably has a team of dedicated devs / mods / etc. When I managed the MC server back in 2013/2014/2015 I was in college and had a relative large amount of free time. Could not do the same thing nowadays.

Minecraft.NL has always been an amazing IP though - perhaps I can help set up something simple? Like, super simple. SMP with some kind of automated land protection.

Thoughts?

Edited by Kodauer

I do have plans to host MC server again. The only problem I do not have a guy who can manage the server and develop it yet. I did find a guy, but he doesn't have the enough experience. If someone have experience with our old server as I tend to recreate it, would be nice if you have the time to guide the developer I have found. We are active in discord. If you have any interest then add me there.

Cena#1101

On 5/4/2020 at 3:51 AM, Kodauer said:

OK hi everyone, who remembers me?

Cost to host a MC server monthly is nominal - like $5/month. That's assuming a small whitelist server with no major plugins.

Anything bigger requires major effort. If you want a larger server, you have to spend $ to advertise as factions servers are a dime a dozen nowadays. Not to mention any big server probably has a team of dedicated devs / mods / etc. When I managed the MC server back in 2013/2014/2015 I was in college and had a relative large amount of free time. Could not do the same thing nowadays.

Minecraft.NL has always been an amazing IP though - perhaps I can help set up something simple? Like, super simple. SMP with some kind of automated land protection.

Thoughts?

@Kodauer:

Is the map from that era still available somewhere? (maybe as download)
I remember Hulpje & me building a big building round building with some buildings on top of it.
Would love to check how we build it. (as i'm only have this picture now)

WhatsApp Image 2020-05-08 at 21.07.59.jpeg

Edited by VTraxx