Jump to content
Mr. Green Gaming
Sign in to follow this  
Haxardous

are you interested into bringing the older “MrGreen” Minecraft server back?

are you interested into bringing the older “MrGreen” Minecraft server back?   

32 members have voted

  1. 1. are you interested into bringing the older “MrGreen” Minecraft server back?



Recommended Posts

Interesting.

The Minecraft server Mr. Green used to have was unique and in my opinion the best server I have ever seen and played on. There is no server that comes anywhere close to the theme Mr. Green used to have. It was a faction wars server, with limited plugins, but the ones it did have made it a very special server. The majority of the servers you see today have 'kits' that allow a quick start and let you start with powerful items. The server of Mr. Green had none of that. It was about grinding, building a base with your faction members, raid and defend your base against others. 

If that's what Hazardous ment when he created this poll, then I will vote yes. And I believe I speak on behalf of a lot of other people that used to play on the minecraft server when I say that.

Share this post


Link to post
On 12/25/2019 at 12:15 PM, xpr0legendx said:

Interesting.

The Minecraft server Mr. Green used to have was unique and in my opinion the best server I have ever seen and played on. There is no server that comes anywhere close to the theme Mr. Green used to have. It was a faction wars server, with limited plugins, but the ones it did have made it a very special server. The majority of the servers you see today have 'kits' that allow a quick start and let you start with powerful items. The server of Mr. Green had none of that. It was about grinding, building a base with your faction members, raid and defend your base against others. 

If that's what Hazardous ment when he created this poll, then I will vote yes. And I believe I speak on behalf of a lot of other people that used to play on the minecraft server when I say that.

 

I thought I read someone say xpr0 aka you ran it back in the day, am I wrong?

Anyway, some of us got into an open source type of mc called minetest this past week and it seems pretty cool, but ofc we noobs at it and we just build tunnels and weird houses and garfield fc soccer stadiums and pixarts for the time being

Edited by ChickenAttack

Share this post


Link to post

 

On 12/27/2019 at 7:06 PM, ChickenAttack said:

 

I thought I read someone say xpr0 aka you ran it back in the day, am I wrong?

Anyway, some of us got into an open source type of mc called minetest this past week and it seems pretty cool, but ofc we noobs at it and we just build tunnels and weird houses and garfield fc soccer stadiums and pixarts for the time being

Kodauer used to run the official mrgreen server, but stopped due to a few things. Can't remember what they were, but I believe he made a thread about it somewhere. After that mrgreen (Ywa at the time) was no longer willing to let us use the domain name play.minecraft.nl, which was the reason I, together with some other admins, decided to run a server that was not affiliated with mrgreen. I mainly did the configs of plugins while others made the spawn area for the server.

And yeah, minetest is quite fun ;)

 

Share this post


Link to post

As long as I have a manager who can manage the MineCraft server regarding everything (developing the server..etc). I then have no problems at all to start the MineCraft server, but as for now I didn't get any msg from anyone. 

I'm not a fan of MineCraft at all, but since people keep asking for it then why not? Just get me a manager who knows what he is doing in MineCraft!!!

Share this post


Link to post

Bring back play.minecraft.nl!

Just like Xpr0legendX says it was a unique server.
I still know allot of people that talk about this server to this day and they want the server back, I'm 100% sure it will be a succes!, I've still got the Mr Green Gaming mask on my minecraft skin 6 years after the server quit.
A Factions server + dynamic map thats all it needs.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

OK hi everyone, who remembers me?

Cost to host a MC server monthly is nominal - like $5/month. That's assuming a small whitelist server with no major plugins.

Anything bigger requires major effort. If you want a larger server, you have to spend $ to advertise as factions servers are a dime a dozen nowadays. Not to mention any big server probably has a team of dedicated devs / mods / etc. When I managed the MC server back in 2013/2014/2015 I was in college and had a relative large amount of free time. Could not do the same thing nowadays.

 

Minecraft.NL has always been an amazing IP though - perhaps I can help set up something simple? Like, super simple. SMP with some kind of automated land protection.

 

Thoughts?

 

 

Edited by Kodauer

Share this post


Link to post

I do have plans to host MC server again. The only problem I do not have a guy who can manage the server and develop it yet. I did find a guy, but he doesn't have the enough experience. If someone have experience with our old server as I tend to recreate it, would be nice if you have the time to guide the developer I have found. We are active in discord. If you have any interest then add me there.

Cena#1101

Share this post


Link to post

I have found a couple of guys and we will try and do our best and work on it. Lets see where this will take us. I will keep you guys updated here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
On 5/4/2020 at 3:51 AM, Kodauer said:

OK hi everyone, who remembers me?

Cost to host a MC server monthly is nominal - like $5/month. That's assuming a small whitelist server with no major plugins.

Anything bigger requires major effort. If you want a larger server, you have to spend $ to advertise as factions servers are a dime a dozen nowadays. Not to mention any big server probably has a team of dedicated devs / mods / etc. When I managed the MC server back in 2013/2014/2015 I was in college and had a relative large amount of free time. Could not do the same thing nowadays.

 

Minecraft.NL has always been an amazing IP though - perhaps I can help set up something simple? Like, super simple. SMP with some kind of automated land protection.

 

Thoughts?

 

 

@Kodauer:

Is the map from that era still available somewhere? (maybe as download)
I remember Hulpje & me building a big building round building with some buildings on top of it.
Would love to check how we build it. (as i'm only have this picture now)

WhatsApp Image 2020-05-08 at 21.07.59.jpeg

Edited by VTraxx

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, V4POR said:

Hulpje should stayed at Minecraft.

Well he renting a minecraft server already for 3 weeks, and we playing on it.. 😄

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/8/2020 at 11:37 PM, VTraxx said:

Well he renting a minecraft server already for 3 weeks, and we playing on it.. 😄

IP? Let me join

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...