Mr. Green Gaming

Introducing Zombie Survival : Redeemed Edition

2 minutes ago, SOUR said:

I have done some maps for Zombiemod on counter strike source for another community that i could probably port over to Gmod when this is finished!

I really am interested in those maps of yours. You should show them off here, definitely can't wait to see them being ported here if you do end up porting them over as well. Might help out the server quite a lot! Can we see some screenshots?

It's really cool to see Mr.Green's ZS finally return, when I saw it go offline I knew it was an end of an era since it was the last classic zs server that was still running.

Even though the version that it was running last made zombies too powerful in my opinion I still played it and had fun.

Also I'm working on my own version of classic zs that I plan to host, maybe this could revitalize the zs gamemode because its not in a good shape in my opinion with people using bots as zombies because players find it too boring to play zombie now.

Anyway I will post two videos of my version that I put on my twitter, please follow me on twitter if you want to see more since its where I'm currently posting the development.

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1318376127367446529/pu/vid/1280x720/3oCwZVqcaD88kXd3.mp4?tag=10

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1319148519706550272/pu/vid/1280x720/hZ6G3wIHneE1uPPT.mp4?tag=10

My twitter account is @yusheec I would've linked it here but this is one of those horrible modern forum post forms that doesn't really give me the option to just post a link without it doing stupid shit.

Alright, time for an update :

DONE :

- Poison Zombie

- Poison Headcrab

- All zombie animations are fixed and now work properly

- Score window (tab key)

TODO :

- Adjust weapon animations

- Make some sexy zombie icons to replace the current ones

- Minor bugs

Also, public demo date here ! https://mrgreengaming.com/forums/topic/23755-zombie-survival-redeemed-edition-public-demo-201120-221120/

On 11/7/2020 at 3:38 AM, Yushe said:

It's really cool to see Mr.Green's ZS finally return, when I saw it go offline I knew it was an end of an era since it was the last classic zs server that was still running.

Even though the version that it was running last made zombies too powerful in my opinion I still played it and had fun.

Also I'm working on my own version of classic zs that I plan to host, maybe this could revitalize the zs gamemode because its not in a good shape in my opinion with people using bots as zombies because players find it too boring to play zombie now.

Anyway I will post two videos of my version that I put on my twitter, please follow me on twitter if you want to see more since its where I'm currently posting the development.

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1318376127367446529/pu/vid/1280x720/3oCwZVqcaD88kXd3.mp4?tag=10

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1319148519706550272/pu/vid/1280x720/hZ6G3wIHneE1uPPT.mp4?tag=10

My twitter account is @yusheec I would've linked it here but this is one of those horrible modern forum post forms that doesn't really give me the option to just post a link without it doing stupid shit.

That's nice, do you plan to host it on your own server or here ?

On 11/10/2020 at 10:42 PM, Chikennugget1 said:

That's nice, do you plan to host it on your own server or here ?

I do plan to host my own server currently but my plans could change but maybe we could help each other with code since my version is almost 100% fixed.

The only bug I have left to fix is the wraiths transparancy when it spawns also my implementation of backwards movement isn't the best but it works.

10 minutes ago, Yushe said:

I do plan to host my own server currently but my plans could change but maybe we could help each other with code since my version is almost 100% fixed.

The only bug I have left to fix is the wraiths transparancy when it spawns also my implementation of backwards movement isn't the best but it works.

Sorry to say this, but we will not be able to help you. We have to launch two ZS versions that are not yet fully made. Devs are already working around the clock, having more work would just burn them out and delay the launch. 
I hope you understand. 

3 minutes ago, Lejorah said:

Sorry to say this, but we will not be able to help you. We have to launch two ZS versions that are not yet fully made. Devs are already working around the clock, having more work would just burn them out and delay the launch. 
I hope you understand. 

Oh, I didn't know you were working on two versions but I can still offer my assistance in providing my fixes if any of the devs want.

It could help speed up development but it's up to them.

• test1 featured and pinned this topic
  • 3 weeks later...

Update time, a lot of things have been changed/fixed throughout the two demo weekends so I'll just put what has been done since then :

DONE :

- Added Crossbow weapon

- Fixed the BHOP fix which caused zombies to bounce when falling from high above

- Added a FOV slider in the options

- Fixed the looping weapon pickup notifications / reworked the notifications in general

- Small HUD tabs indicating the F keys for the different menus

TODO :

- F1 menu

- Fix the headcrab lags / broken jumps

- Add Greenshop / upgrades / unlockable stuff and such

Edited by Chikennugget1
  • 4 weeks later...

Just a little update, I haven't had much time to work on ZS but here are some screenshots of the progress so far :

When you press F1, the Outpost menu opens (names will probably change, also icons aren't finished yet that's why there are copy/pastas :V )

image.thumb.png.66a404ccf7fcde63db8eb1f57d452ff9.png

Buttons on the left will open wiki pages that I will create later on (an in-game web browser will pop showing those pages).

My ZS will be the place where you can see your achievements, your upgrades, equip your hats and such.

Challenges isn't clearly defined yet but I'd like to have things like "Kill X zombies with weapon Y" and award achievements or something. I'll get back to you later on this.

Greenshop is almost done for upgrades and hats, the data you see here is pulled from the backend, I just need to plug the buy button to the backend service.

image.thumb.png.09f70ebdf068328c39142b0c7d60ba9c.png

image.thumb.png.32a3d189c8420c5284789820ee45620e.png

And yeah you see a Zombie Skins panel and Misc panel. For the former, I will have to do some tests with the new skins and see if they work. If they do I'll keep this tab. Misc will be for buying player icons but I havent' worked on that part yet, so it's still prone to be changed to something else.

So basically the next TODOS are :

- Plugging the buy button and make sure the green shop works fine

- Implement the actual upgrades (they're here but they don't do anything yet)

- See if zombie skins can be added

- Do the other windows (achievements etc)

Edited by Chikennugget1
  • 4 weeks later...

Update as of today 21-01-2021 :

DONE :

- Buy button works, you can buy upgrades, hats and zombie skins (and other items when I add them)

- Upgrades are in progress but some of them are implemented and working (last man standing, lady luck, comeback, quick cure ...) I'll check the others one at a time after that.

- Hats are implemented, but you can't equip them for now (only bots can). This will be done with the MyZS menu.

- Zombie skins are WIP but I have done a quick test with one of them (screenshot below), it seems to work so I'll see with the other models, and add an option to equip/unequip skins.

TODO :

- MyZS / Inventory where you can select your hats, titles and other thingies

- Rework the zombie classes menu so you can choose a skin for your class for the next respawn

- Design the achievements / challenges system

Screenshots :

Hats (note that the headcrab model probably won't look like that, it's a replacement model in my Gmod, but I can eventually add it with the classic headcrab)

image.thumb.png.fcf3af2948aeeff43ca65dc88fdf46a3.png

Hats menu

image.thumb.png.583459cd213bfd7498eb9f72a3aa22bf.png

Sample zombie skin

image.thumb.png.77c243c2720cbf152b4ccb02844522d3.png

Edited by Chikennugget1
  • 3 weeks later...

Update as of today 09/02/2021 :

Done :

- "My Hats" menu is now done, you can equip the hats that you've bought / unequip them

- Reworked the zombie classes menu so that you can now choose a skin for the next time you respawn

- Skins and hat choices are saved between games (same will happen for titles and icons)

Next TODOs :

- Titles

- Icons probably later

- Achievements implementation + other upgrades to implement

My Hats menu :

image.thumb.png.fe11517f0740d5f2161bd1d0e42035f9.png

Reworked Zombie classes menu :

image.thumb.png.74311521c8bf6f59fbd502d93cfc325c.png

Example skin for zombie (note : third person view is only for showcasing the skins, won't be an ingame feature !) :

image.thumb.png.5dec9fbb009931a770f20d0c8eb89bd5.png

Example skin for fast zombie :

image.thumb.png.d105d46ea4d41f98a31b1fb9470c8a77.png

image.thumb.png.9f6f8807fdd4e8be2738e5c7cf15e555.png

Edited by Chikennugget1